Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 14552
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:29 pm

rats19 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:26 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:17 pm
Even I have had broken ribs! All the more amazing Virtanen finished the game. Must have been some good drugs.
My experience is cracked or bruised it’s not till the next day the pain really starts... I’ve finished pitching a game after landing on a ball in my rib cage and the next day coughing makes you cry like a little girl
So you cried like me? Is that what you are saying?
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9142
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by rats19 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:29 pm
rats19 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:26 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:17 pm
Even I have had broken ribs! All the more amazing Virtanen finished the game. Must have been some good drugs.
My experience is cracked or bruised it’s not till the next day the pain really starts... I’ve finished pitching a game after landing on a ball in my rib cage and the next day coughing makes you cry like a little girl
So you cried like me? Is that what you are saying?
Not immediately after the injury but the next day..... yah wids i did
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Strangelove » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ummm Ratski, not sure if we're allowed to say "cried like a little girl" anymore. :D
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9142
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by rats19 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:42 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:38 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ummm Ratski, not sure if we're allowed to say "cried like a little girl" anymore. :D
Go have deep tissue massage.... :wink:
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2354
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:38 pm

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oil ... g-waivers/

Brandon Manning on waivers (LS D).

I wonder if JB will make a claim to help his D core, prob dependent on how long he thinks Eagle will be out. Mannings's salary is a bit high @ $2M with 1 more year remaining.

User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 716
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:56 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Cherry Picker » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:49 pm

Skip Manning please, unless the Oilers will take back some unwanted contracts, and it becomes a bigger deal. The extra contract year and poor play makes Manning equivalent to MDZ or Poo. Rather get those contracts off the books asap, don’t need another one next year. I’d rather give Sautner some more games on the left side until Edler is back and/or Hughes is signed.
We are all Jim Benning.

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 6400
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by micky107 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:41 am

rats19 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:36 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:29 pm
rats19 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:26 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:17 pm
Even I have had broken ribs! All the more amazing Virtanen finished the game. Must have been some good drugs.
My experience is cracked or bruised it’s not till the next day the pain really starts... I’ve finished pitching a game after landing on a ball in my rib cage and the next day coughing makes you cry like a little girl
So you cried like me? Is that what you are saying?
Not immediately after the injury but the next day..... yah wids i did
Somewhat "recently", I was threatening to throw hospital attendants, (male, female or whatevers) around regardless of the pain.
They sedated me! Can you believe that shit?
"evolution"

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 6400
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by micky107 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:05 am

Cherry Picker wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:49 pm
Skip Manning please, unless the Oilers will take back some unwanted contracts, and it becomes a bigger deal. The extra contract year and poor play makes Manning equivalent to MDZ or Poo. Rather get those contracts off the books asap, don’t need another one next year. I’d rather give Sautner some more games on the left side until Edler is back and/or Hughes is signed.
Absolutely correct; Image
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=112785

Yuck; No resurrection happening here.
"evolution"

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8180
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Island Nucklehead » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:27 am

micky107 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:41 am
Somewhat "recently", I was threatening to throw hospital attendants, (male, female or whatevers) around regardless of the pain.
They sedated me! Can you believe that shit?
You’re lucky Nurse Ratched didn’t have you lobotomized.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 10369
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Topper » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:41 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:27 am
micky107 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:41 am
Somewhat "recently", I was threatening to throw hospital attendants, (male, female or whatevers) around regardless of the pain.
They sedated me! Can you believe that shit?
You’re lucky Nurse Ratched didn’t have you lobotomized.
already too much scar tissue, or I'm sure she would have.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
5thhorseman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1341
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by 5thhorseman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:07 am

micky107 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:41 am
Somewh,at "recently", I was threatening to throw hospital attendants, (male, female or whatevers) around regardless of the pain.
They sedated me! Can you believe that shit?
Yes

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 13182
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:11 am

micky107 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:41 am
rats19 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:36 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:29 pm
rats19 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:26 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:17 pm
Even I have had broken ribs! All the more amazing Virtanen finished the game. Must have been some good drugs.
My experience is cracked or bruised it’s not till the next day the pain really starts... I’ve finished pitching a game after landing on a ball in my rib cage and the next day coughing makes you cry like a little girl
So you cried like me? Is that what you are saying?
Not immediately after the injury but the next day..... yah wids i did
Somewhat "recently", I was threatening to throw hospital attendants, (male, female or whatevers) around regardless of the pain.
They sedated me! Can you believe that shit?
You’re lucky, I would have used a baseball bat
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Eddy Punch Clock » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:14 am

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:38 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ummm Ratski, not sure if we're allowed to say "cried like a little girl" anymore. :D
And you bitch about the Mods at HF. :mrgreen:

I'm sorry.... I meant yap like a female dog.
2011..... the one that got away.

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9142
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by rats19 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:27 am

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:14 am
Strangelove wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:38 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ummm Ratski, not sure if we're allowed to say "cried like a little girl" anymore. :D
And you bitch about the Mods at HF. :mrgreen:

I'm sorry.... I meant yap like a female dog.
Eddy..... where’s the love..... :?:
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Strangelove » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:44 am

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:14 am
Strangelove wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:38 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ummm Ratski, not sure if we're allowed to say "cried like a little girl" anymore. :D
And you bitch about the Mods at HF. :mrgreen:

I'm sorry.... I meant yap like a female dog.
I distinctly remember the mods over there taking issue with Benning-haters.

Twas years ago, and they forced them into their own thread, deleted posts of that kind, gave warnings, etc.

Then, over time, they succumbed <--wot!

Yeah, it's like a bad zombie movie...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Post Reply