What to do with Alex Edler ?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: What to do with Alex Edler ?

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:40 am
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:36 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 am What do Ballard, Booth, Garrison etc have to do with Edler?

Edler signed a sweetheart deal and rightfully got an NTC
You and Mëds have been tearing Edler a new one since the day Gillis gave him that NTC

2nd and a 3rd for Steve Bernier
I never complained about Edler’s contract.

Are you able to provide proof?

What does Steve Bernier have to do with Alex Edler?
Connauton and a 2nd round pick for Derek Roy
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Relevance?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Did I have to read all that? Blob is right; another thread dragged into the ditch.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mike had bags. Jim has bags. Travis now has bags. What's with the bags!
Glazed eyes too, ????
And we expect the players to be focused.
Chill, it's Vancouver, we'll get to it. Image
"evolution"
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:41 am Show Edler and the fans who's boss, trade him for a bag of pucks. :P
Would still be a better trade that what Chiarelli would pull off in Edmonton in the same situation.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

You could almost dip your bread in the oil on mikes face if you added some balls-matic vinegar
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Brian Burke chimes in on the Edler situation in Vancouver:
Burke on Canucks deadline mentality: “I think you have to see if you can re-sign Alex Edler because he’s playing great hockey right now. I thought he was the best defenceman on the ice last night. If he doesn’t want to re-sign, then I think you have a very different view."

Brian Burke on SN 650 on Edler (ufa) : "First off I wouldn't be talking about a new contract until the season ends because he is getting long in the tooth. I like him as a player but he is getting up there. I never gave a full NTC but modified NTC.

Burke: I would guess Alex needs to give the Canucks 72 hours before the deadline and he would get dealt somewhere. [for picks]
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:31 am Brian Burke chimes in on the Edler situation in Vancouver:
Burke on Canucks deadline mentality: “I think you have to see if you can re-sign Alex Edler because he’s playing great hockey right now. I thought he was the best defenceman on the ice last night. If he doesn’t want to re-sign, then I think you have a very different view."

Brian Burke on SN 650 on Edler (ufa) : "First off I wouldn't be talking about a new contract until the season ends because he is getting long in the tooth. I like him as a player but he is getting up there. I never gave a full NTC but modified NTC.

Burke: I would guess Alex needs to give the Canucks 72 hours before the deadline and he would get dealt somewhere. [for picks]
Only Gillis gave out full NTCs like a crack dealer
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:22 am
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:55 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:49 pm I like Blob's version

You simply extend him at the $16M over 3 years.
If we did that we'd be forced to use a protection spot on him in the expansion draft...
So what. As of today they don’t have a decent d man worth protecting when you factor in age, talent and durability.
It's not about "today" you silly, silly fuck, try to see beyond the end of your broomstick.

It's about 2021.

Juolevi, Tree, Edler, Tanev, Guds, Hutton, Stech, Chatfield, Brisebois, and possibly Hughes will require protection.

Well not Edler if we don't sign him to your inane 3-year-NMC-deal, and not Guds/Tanev if we don't extend them.

We can only protect three, no offense but your 3-year-NMC-deal for Edler is one of the stupidest things ever suggested on this site.

Even worse, after said stupidity was pointed out, you continue in the same vein! Image

No need for a NMC and a two year deal will suffice, making him a UFA at the expansion draft, setting him up for a 35+ contract.

And you want to trade for another dee who would require protection lol...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well Doc we did establish we can give him a full NMC on a two year deal. That NMC might make it easier for him to re-sign just a 2 year.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol we gotsta protect Chatfield as the token black guy. Carry on a proud tradition from Claude Vilgrain, Robin Bawa, Donald Brashear, John Craighead...,

Worrying about wasting a protection spot on Edler is asinine when he’s one of the two competent d men the team has.

:mrgreen: :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:02 pm Lol we gotsta protect Chatfield as the token black guy. Carry on a proud tradition from Claude Vilgrain, Robin Bawa, Donald Brashear, John Craighead...,

Worrying about wasting a protection spot on Edler is asinine when he’s one of the two competent d men the team has.

Blob it isn't aboutasting a protection spot on Edler at all. Its about managing assets and contracts so you don't have to protect him and can protect someone else.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:00 pm Well Doc we did establish we can give him a full NMC on a two year deal. That NMC might make it easier for him to re-sign just a 2 year.
Yeah: http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 96#p325996
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:02 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:23 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:22 am
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:55 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:49 pm I like Blob's version

You simply extend him at the $16M over 3 years.
If we did that we'd be forced to use a protection spot on him in the expansion draft...
So what. As of today they don’t have a decent d man worth protecting when you factor in age, talent and durability.
It's not about "today" you silly, silly fuck, try to see beyond the end of your broomstick.

It's about 2021.

Juolevi, Tree, Edler, Tanev, Guds, Hutton, Stech, Chatfield, Brisebois, and possibly Hughes will require protection.

Well not Edler if we don't sign him to your inane 3-year-NMC-deal, and not Guds/Tanev if we don't extend them.

We can only protect three, no offense but your 3-year-NMC-deal for Edler is one of the stupidest things ever suggested on this site.

Even worse, after said stupidity was pointed out, you continue in the same vein! Image

No need for a NMC and a two year deal will suffice, making him a UFA at the expansion draft, setting him up for a 35+ contract.

And you want to trade for another dee who would require protection lol...
Lol we gotsta protect Chatfield as the token black guy. Carry on a proud tradition from Claude Vilgrain, Robin Bawa, Donald Brashear, John Craighead...,

WOW... seriously, you've got to quit drinking Blob! :wow:
____
Try to focus on someday.