The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:56 pm Blob how often did you stop by the Pickton farm to buy your ham hocks and pork bellies after picking up your 8-ball from Piggy’s Palace?
When I bought an 8 ball back in the day the last thing I was thinking about was food. The Picktons didn’t sell blow.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Topper wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:52 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:12 pm
rats19 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:19 am He is 6’3 and a 184 lbs and getting bigger
Is he that heavy now rats? Musta had his gear on. He is very fine boned kinda like Sutter
Hanging with the Pinkton equipment has made Baubles an expert on bone structure.
LOL, yikes..
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:03 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:56 pm Blob how often did you stop by the Pickton farm to buy your ham hocks and pork bellies after picking up your 8-ball from Piggy’s Palace?
When I bought an 8 ball back in the day the last thing I was thinking about was food. The Picktons didn’t sell blow.
Ok, when you were drunk (not coked up) and wanting to start up the BBQ in your outdoor kitchen did you walk down to Roberts farm at the end of your street to buy your ham hocks and pork bellies?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Robert didn’t run the farm, David did.

Robert could barely spell his own name.

I never bought any pork from the Picktons but I did go to a couple of the parties at Piggy’s Palace and I also stopped by the booze can run by bikers on land that the Picktons owned. I remember buying some shit one night at that booze can and there were just some nasty people there. Me and a buddy couldn’t get out of there fast enough. I was driving a different buddy’s Malibu and I got stuck in the back of the house. I practically melted his tires frantically trying to get the fuck out of there. Drove all the way to the Arms on metal and shreds of tires. He was not happy with me at all :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Arms in Marpole? Spent too much time in that dump myself. Me and a trucker friend of mine won a shit load of money on that old
pool table. Rum and cokes all night, making spectacular shots, then as soon as you stop concentrating and go outside, get about 10 steps
in the fresh air and wham! Your so drunk you can't walk. If I recall, it was a bit uphill to the bus stop.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:05 pm The Arms in Marpole? Spent too much time in that dump myself. Me and a trucker friend of mine won a shit load of money on that old
pool table. Rum and cokes all night, making spectacular shots, then as soon as you stop concentrating and go outside, get about 10 steps
in the fresh air and wham! Your so drunk you can't walk. If I recall, it was a bit uphill to the bus stop.
No the Arms in Poco on Coast Meridan Road.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

There was one in Ladner too. Nasty place. But fun..
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:05 pm The Arms in Marpole? Spent too much time in that dump myself. Me and a trucker friend of mine won a shit load of money on that old
No offence to your bender history, Mickey but Blobs were on a much more sordid Level and with no inclination of ending anytime soon
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:32 pm There was one in Ladner too. Nasty place. But fun..
Ladner Arms was a sewer!! I remember watching strippers there about 25 years ago. Harley stuffed a wine bottle in her trench :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reprobates...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:

Fuck this thread has some good ones tonight but Harley stuffing a wine bottle in her trench wins a golden scornie award
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ola
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

rockalt wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:19 am
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote: It also speaks to a great deal of patience (or in Benning's case, confidence in his job security), since it's hard to see how this kid could be ready for the NHL in less than two years. Might seem like a great pick in 2020, but doesn't really work with Doc's timeline.
Pettersson and Dahlen will join your Vacouver Canucks 1-2 years from now. :mex:
You mean that Pettersson will be on the Canucks roster for the 2018-2019 season ?

Without an aggressive supplementation program, that's asking him to put on an awful lot of muscle in just 15 months. Even with an aggressive supplementation program, he'd have to spend as much time in the gym as on the ice, and trying to bulk up that fast has messed with some players' games before.
Not to pick on you as I doubt even the most optimistic of us could have imagined Pettersson’s rapid ascent but this really sticks out! I’m always loathe to make judgements on drafts but Pettersson is making an extremely strong case that he will be the best player from the 2017 draft. Obviously still early days and there could be other gems in there but he is setting the bar pretty damn high.

Strangelove is looking pretty good with his 1-2 year prediction. Still waiting on the 3-4 years til playoffs prediction to come true but we’ll eventually get there! :lol: At least there’s hope again!
I agree, Pettersson is making a strong case that he was the best player in the 2017 draft. The NHL is also making a case that he is not yet physically ready to handle the way the game is played in that league. We'll never know for sure, but it looks like his hockey career would have been longer if he had found some other productive way to spend this season.

Strangelove's prediction called for the Canucks to make the playoffs this season (and look good once they got there !), as he has confirmed himself several times. The Canucks were 18th in the league before their best player got hurt. It's along season, and many things can still happen, but I'm glad I don't have a lot of money riding on a Canucks appearance in the 2019 playoffs.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:52 am Chef Boi RD's Best Player Available List

1. Hischier
2. Patrick
3. Makar
4. Heiskanen
5. Vilardi
6. Glass
7. Pettersen
8. Necas
9. Rasmussen
10. Tippett
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:03 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:52 am Chef Boi RD's Best Player Available List

1. Hischier
2. Patrick
3. Makar
4. Heiskanen
5. Vilardi
6. Glass
7. Pettersen
8. Necas
9. Rasmussen
10. Tippett
Genius Benning made a fool of everyone in 2017.

You should be pissed! Pettersson in all likelihood may have saved Jimbo from trigger finger Aqualini.