LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:52 pm Just when we are seeing some offensive elite skills, FROM FOUR OR FIVE GUYS, only; And there is talk of dumping
one of them for a defense man? No thanks.
FFS; I wouldn't trade Boeser for Karlsson, Letang, Subban or any other, even if he played for free.

The best defense is a good offense. We are just barely starting to see the offense. Do not fuck with it.
Seth Jones, Charlie McCavoy, Zack Werenski.

Mick any of those 3 would have a far greater impact on our team than Brock now or once hes healthy. You cant have superstars up front with the rubbish we currently dress failing to even get pucks out of the D zone...never mind feeding your talented forwards with breakout passes.

Nobody ever mentioned Karlsson PJ or Letwng but you buds.
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:28 pm I mentioned those THREE YOUNG guys. I’m glad SOMEONE actually read the three names I mentioned. One retard above thought I wanted to trade Boeser for a Larson type D man
Eeeeeeewwwwwww.... that was about a 9 on the ole tension scale there Blob. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:37 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:28 pm I mentioned those THREE YOUNG guys. I’m glad SOMEONE actually read the three names I mentioned. One retard above thought I wanted to trade Boeser for a Larson type D man
Eeeeeeewwwwwww.... that was about a 9 on the ole tension scale there Blob. :mex:
Blob is all good. It does get tiresome when people actually don’t read what was posted and instead make shit up. Now you got Mickey doing it good times... :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:36 pm
micky107 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:52 pm Just when we are seeing some offensive elite skills, FROM FOUR OR FIVE GUYS, only; And there is talk of dumping
FFS; I wouldn't trade Boeser for Karlsson, Letang, Subban or any other, even if he played for free.

The best defense is a good offense. We are just barely starting to see the offense. Do not fuck with it.

Mick any of those 3 would have a far greater impact on our team than Brock now or once hes healthy. You cant have superstars up front with the rubbish we currently dress failing to even get pucks out of the D zone...never mind feeding your talented forwards with breakout passes.

If we had more up front, maybe Seth. Expiring contract 20/21, then wham!
No-way, the other two you mention.
Charlie for Brock? Na, can't see the light.

There is also the thing about Brock being an extremely important part of the new, young, team chemistry that you can see trying to emerge.

Actually, Jones may well be, or close to, best D-man in the league.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

micky107 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:54 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:36 pm

If we had more up front, maybe Seth. Expiring contract 20/21, then wham!
No-way, the other two you mention.
Charlie for Brock? Na, can't see the light.

There is also the thing about Brock being an extremely important part of the new, young, team chemistry that you can see trying to emerge.

Actually, Jones may well be, or close to, best D-man in the league.
You cant see CM having a greater positive impact on his team than BB? Or Werenski?
Theyre both all star offensive defenseman the same age or younger than Boeser. They both have fantastic passing vision. Young guys like EP would have so many more outnumbered rush scenarios than now where theyre constantly coming all the way back into their zone to bail out the fumblers we currently dress.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Don't tear down the front because we don't play well defensively. We only have just started to enjoy some offense.
I personally don't think the some of the defense men we have are as bad as they seem.
I see a system problem just as much as a lack of talent problem.
That gets to the point of asking, "which is the bigger problem".
If we trade an arm and a leg for a bona fide defense man, would he fall into the same pattern of play?
See, I can't answer that.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:27 pm Don't tear down the front because we don't play well defensively. We only have just started to enjoy some offense.
I personally don't think the some of the defense men we have are as bad as they seem.
I see a system problem just as much as a lack of talent problem.
That gets to the point of asking, "which is the bigger problem".
If we trade an arm and a leg for a bona fide defense man, would he fall into the same pattern of play?
See, I can't answer that.
I don’t disagree that maybe Baumer isn’t the best guy to coach the D group, but they are a bottom 5 d even with Larry Robinson coaching. The personnel back there is trash
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:37 am Ms is now saying we should trade boeser
Hard No.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:31 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:37 am Ms is now saying we should trade boeser
Hard No.
You wouldn’t trade him for Seth Jones, Werenski?
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Friday Night
- Surprised by the vapourizers an shit my step-son has... when i was younger I was lucky to have a roach clip
The LOL goes out to me for being such an intense shit "well heads should roll because of the long hard dreadful losing streak... an blah blah blah bury Benning." and...well, .....fuck that.

Something happened yesterday for me when watching our new first line (goldobin, virtanen, horvath), and then seeing our second line with boeser, pettersson, and leivo, and many of you may have already seen it too. 'Chemistry'. (sizzle).Markstrom played superbly last game - saved a few point blank shots. we obviously need good goaltending going forward into the future. Anyways, we saw a sampling of when the team plays to the team's strengths - speed and scoring off the rush, and you bet, Boeser is going to start lighting it up again too. So i think were in for a really fun ride... i believe it so much that i believe that we will compete for a playoff spot this year yet. Lets see.
cc oldtimer
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Another LOL to the dude who gets drunk and then believes he has something profound to say on a canuck blog-board - just beautiful!
cc oldtimer
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:36 pm
Hard No.
lets see how he does with quinn hughes, more attack power.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

nuckster wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:22 am Another LOL to the dude who gets drunk and then believes he has something profound to say on a canuck blog-board - just beautiful!
I was smokin what you were rollin
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:28 am
Hard No.
Eureka!

Now that’s a good idea!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:28 am
Hard No.

I’m in no screaming rush to deal Boeser. I merely pointed out that if you could obtain a young top pairing guy like one of the three I mentioned, you’d have to take a long look at that. Those guys are all horses who play in all situations. The Canucks don’t have a guy like that on the current roster or in the system. Hughes while he may end up being a dynamic offensive player who drives this team from the back end he is not going to be the guy protecting the lead, killing penalties and shutting down the other teams top offensive players. He projects as a Gostisbehere or Barrie type player which is awesome and definitely an organizational need.

Is it that people struggle with reading comprehension or is it their mission to purposely derail a thread for no good reason? I never once mentioned trading Boeser for Subban, Letang, Karlsson or Larsen yet a couple of mouth breathers claim that was my intention.

I’m all for keeping Brock long term and trying to get a d man a different way. I merely suggested that you’d have to look long and hard if one of the aforementioned guys was available you’d have to be be interested and make a strong to pitch to acquire such a player.

Dante Fabbro would be a guy I’d want to try and acquire. I’m curious as to the price tag.