Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Post by Topper »

I may move to Victoria just the shit and flush Seatlle's way.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:17 pm With the announcement official teams can start planning asset management. Don’t sign Hughes until July, forget him getting games this season and keep him exempt. My two cents :evil:
Saying Excellent point would be an understatement.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:04 pm It would be worth a pick if they promised to take Eriksson and left everyone else alone. Depending upon who we had to expose I’d give them a 2nd rounder.
Nope, never give up any picks, didn't ya learn from Vegas fiasco where they robbed everyone? just expose who you gotta expose and let the chips fall as they may.

As it stands currently the Canucks only have 3 players under contract for the 2021-22 season.
Years left:
Eriksson 1yr (exposed)
Roussel 1yr (exposed)
Horvat 2yr (protected)

Petey, Jake, Boeser, Dahlen, Gaud
Hughes, OJ

Demko

And who knows what players are traded or signed within these next 2-3 years, it's mind boggling trying to predict what the team will look like in a few years.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:17 pm With the announcement official teams can start planning asset management. Don’t sign Hughes until July, forget him getting games this season and keep him exempt. My two cents :evil:
Much like the last expansion draft I don’t think the Canucks will be losing a good player
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:51 pm Much like the last expansion draft I don’t think the Canucks will be losing a good player
Wrong.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:53 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:51 pm Much like the last expansion draft I don’t think the Canucks will be losing a good player
Wrong.
They lost a replacement slug last expansion draft who had to try out for the garbage Islanders before he got a contract. He was junk
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:05 pm
Tciso wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:53 pm And, if they promise to claim Eriksson in the expansion draft, I'll promise to buy season tickets.
Wow - I didn't realize you such an Eriksson fan! :D
I like Eriksson, but I don't like his contract for the last 2 years. Well, I don't like his contract right now either, but it isn't hurting the Canucks. In 2 years, it will be hurting us once we get our new core on long term contracts.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:58 pm
Wrong.
They lost a replacement slug last expansion draft who had to try out for the garbage Islanders before he got a contract. He was junk
Let's try this again.

You are wrong in saying your Vancouver Canucks will not be losing a good player in the Seattle expansion draft.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:31 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:58 pm
Wrong.
Let's try this again.

You are wrong in saying your Vancouver Canucks will not be losing a good player in the Seattle expansion draft.
They might be. But people were lighting their hair on fire and pissing their pants about losing Markus Granlund in the Vegas draft. We put the hair fires out with the piss soaked jeans and the team lost Sbisa. The Canucks have zero depth now and have had zero depth for five years. You think all of a sudden they will have this amazing depth. LOL
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:38 pm people were lighting their hair on fire and pissing their pants about losing Markus Granlund
Links?

Strawman builder grasping at straws...

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:38 pm The Canucks have zero depth now and have had zero depth for five years. You think all of a sudden they will have this amazing depth. LOL
Canucks will lose one of the fine young prospects that YOU love.

Is it too much to ask that you do a little research before your post Mr McKenzie?

Thank you and have a good evening.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

And if they do ... who gives a fuck? One prospect, big fucking deal. They haven’t lost one yet so why panic?

Should they stop accumulating good young players and trade picks away to avoid losing someone decent?

Oh yeah they already tried that strategy. :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:49 pm And if they do ... who gives a fuck?
YOU will.

And he will likely be more than a prospect by then...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:49 pm And if they do ... who gives a fuck? One prospect, big fucking deal. They haven’t lost one yet so why panic?

Should they stop accumulating good young players and trade picks away to avoid losing someone decent?

Oh yeah they already tried that strategy. :lol:

Right. But if Benning has an opportunity to manage assets he should do so or, heaven forbid, he will be crucified for not doing so and we lose a good prospect we could have otherwise protected. Keeping Hughes off the books for 10-15 games to allow us flexibility is a sound plan. However, it could piss off the Hughes camp that they don’t get to burn a year this season. It’s not like Hughes will lead us to a Cup this season anyway.

My main point is GMs need to be somewhat forward thinking.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

It's too bad the expansion draft wasn't in 2020 (as originally forecast).

We would've been fine, but now?

Gonna lose a good one...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Who cares?

The guy has hemorrhaged draft picks and you guys didn’t give a shit but now you do?

And Wids he has never managed assets before, why would he start now?