The Great Jim Benning Debate! (And personal insult thread)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: The Great Jim Benning Debate!

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:34 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm Hopefully a couple of posters who’ve been bombing the board with bird shit Benning propaganda for the last few years just read that well written post by HW.
Interesting.

What effect do you feel HW's well written post should have had on these alleged spreaders of propaganda?
It probably will have no effect. People will still lick windows in the short bus. It happens. Carry on
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:19 pm We hit our home run once. We drafted 2nd and 3rd overall in the same draft. I'd say that turned out pretty ok for us.
lol are you that naïve? Burke had that in the bag and the GM's let him have his day so long as Stephan? went 1st overall to the home crowd, it was meant to be.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:42 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:19 pm We hit our home run once. We drafted 2nd and 3rd overall in the same draft. I'd say that turned out pretty ok for us.
lol are you that naïve? Burke had that in the bag and the GM's let him have his day so long as Stephan? went 1st overall to the home crowd, it was meant to be.

My point was that he hockey gawds were kind once. Maybe that’s all we get.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Not that kind - like alot of teams this team has had no luck, while some teams have had some good luck lately.

ikd feels like this team is due.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Don't listen to guys like Doug Maclean. They know just about zero.
He's lucky to even have a TV job. I highly doubt any current GMs or Presidents or owners would be sharing anything with him.
Most of our long time local sports media seem to have fallen out of the loop too.
There are a few good sources for credible info, most of us know who they are, but sometimes it's a matter of when they can get to the Canucks.
We get more attention when Brock is doing his thing or Elias is lighting it up somewhere.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chef Boi RD's musings: is Sam Pollock a candidate to replace Jim Benning?

I say yes! Why stop at Ken Holland? Let's go deeper into past glories! Let's raise the dead!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:04 am Not that kind - like alot of teams this team has had no luck, while some teams have had some good luck lately.

isn't that what HW said?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:04 am Not that kind - like alot of teams this team has had no luck, while some teams have had some good luck lately.

I know what you mean. Drafting Boeser, Gaudette, Demko, Tryamkin outside the lotto zone is genius not luck. I guess we were lucky that no drafted Pettersen ahead of us.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:54 am

I know what you mean. Drafting Boeser, Gaudette, Demko, Tryamkin outside the lotto zone is genius not luck. I guess we were lucky that no drafted Pettersen ahead of us.
do you ever say anything else or is this all you got?

give it a rest for a week or 2 please.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 am

RoyalDude is a must read at this site.

You could learn a lot from him.

You constantly ask him to "give it a rest".

Yeah, perhaps you should give that a rest. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:55 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm Hopefully a couple of posters who’ve been bombing the board with bird shit Benning propaganda for the last few years just read that well written post by HW.
Interesting.

What effect do you feel HW's well written post should have had on these alleged spreaders of propaganda?
It probably will have no effect. People will still lick windows in the short bus. It happens. Carry on
Speaking of short bus riders...

it appears you saw the word "will" where the word "should" was written.

Try again good buddy? :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:53 am
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 am

RoyalDude is a must read at this site.

You could learn a lot from him.

You constantly ask him to "give it a rest".

Yeah, perhaps you should give that a rest. :D
Make you a deal, I will “give it a rest” for a week if you do as well?

No?

Didn’t think so.

Also not surprised you jumped to his defence.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

- Matthew 7:5

:D

NOW: Please stop taking us off topic with your personal attacks on poster RoyalDude.

Your cooperation in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 am
Interesting.

Meh..... ok ? Go back to your seat and apply your tongue to the window Clark Parker.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:43 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 am
Interesting.

Meh..... ok ? Go back to your seat and apply your tongue to the window Clark Parker.
Blob are you saying you'd rather not answer the question:

"What effect do you feel HW's well written post should have had on these alleged spreaders of propaganda?"

If so, I completely understand... but it makes your original post completely irrelevant I'm afraid. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.