Canucks @ Panthers 7:00 PM ET SN1, FS-F

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Panthers 7:00 PM ET SN1, FS-F

Post by 2Fingers »

olpaddy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:23 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:10 pm I thought we picked some grit from FA?
If this situation is presented to u and u don't give a response this will happen again in the future that's why this is so disappointing after this fanbase was told this is a situation that would be frowned upon given the type of player we brought in via FA and nobody does anything? Words cannot describe how this has consequences going forward U have essentially told the league u can take liberties with this player and our better players...
Agreed, it was shades of Sedin hockey.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:20 pm Matheson, a real rough guy move there getting tough on a slight Swedish rookie, real tough. Hell even Gudbranson said sorry to Dube for the hit he put on him but where the fuck was our response like Hamonic’s response? Very disappointing. You know Dorsett would have responded

Yay we won, yippee Kay yay
Matheson was pissed when Pettersson made him look like a fool. No doubt Rousell should go after Matheson.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

From Rousell to Murph

Roussel just told me that (paraphrasing) “absolutely” the score should be settled with Matheson. But that will come at RA, team wanted two points tonight
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

rats19 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:47 pm From Rousell to Murph

Roussel just told me that (paraphrasing) “absolutely” the score should be settled with Matheson. But that will come at RA, team wanted two points tonight
So to make matters even worse this team is putting out there if its a close game not only can u take liberties with our best player we won't address in the same game... This club never ceases to amaze me on the PUSSY meter of having no balls...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

olpaddy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:00 pm

So to make matters even worse this team is putting out there if its a close game not only can u take liberties with our best player we won't address in the same game... This club never ceases to amaze me on the PUSSY meter of having no balls...
NHL expected to take some kind of action on the dirty play... know more tomorrow
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

In the postgame, Green looked pretty pissed about the hit and called it "absolutely dirty". He also bit his tongue and said he didn't want to talk about retribution.

Now, I don't know if he mandated the team to not retaliate and win the game but if they don't respond in the rematch, then fuck, this team definitely needs a testicle transplant.

He did say that he thought they played their most complete game and he was very happy about that.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I would have been ok with payback but I love the win more. There will be a time and place, it wasn’t tonight in a game we could win.
The only HW the Canucks need
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Hopefully virt and roussel run the shit out of ekblad and barkov next game. Who cares about matheson, make their stars pay that’s the new nhl.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

No. Go after Trochek. That fuckin' little weasel.

Yes, HW. Time and place.

Next time. There better be a place. :evil:

That's all I have to say.

The league needs to look at that WWE choke-slam. Ah, who are we kidding?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

No flyby NO words No attempt at a hit there was ZERO response if that is the best u can do in the 5th game of the NHL season I fear people are setting themselves up for a disappointment down the road...
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:21 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:14 pm Petty you should have shoooot
Yup, just don't be another Henrik. :mrgreen:
Have you seen him shoot? He's definitely no Henrik. :lol:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:05 pm I don’t like Brock on the point on the PP
When Hughes gets here hopefully he gives us that missing QB we've been searching for. Having a Left/Right of Pettersson and Boeser with Bo circling and a guy like Loui as a net presence......ouch. That'll be a scary PP.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

olpaddy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:30 pm No flyby NO words No attempt at a hit there was ZERO response if that is the best u can do in the 5th game of the NHL season I fear people are setting themselves up for a disappointment down the road...
No response? Bo scored a beauty of a goal. That’s a response.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:18 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:10 pm I thought we picked some grit from FA?
Apparently not..... that body slam really pissed me off. No response whatsofuckingever
It's gonna take some time to change that culture again and get back to the days when Momesso, Gino, and Brash patrolled the rink for us. The AV/Sedin era neutered us big time, and Bertuzzi's treatment of Moore did a number on how we could go about policing.....it was like we were under a microscope.

I'm loving Pettersson's skill and think he's gonna be a fantastic player for us, maybe even a franchise forward, but I absolutely do not want him to be our next captain. I know I'm gonna get called out for being "anti-Euro" here, and with all due respect to Per, the pussification of culture is the result of way too many Swedish players in key leadership positions. When that shit happens there is just a tucked tail mentality that we seem to see from so many of them, and that goes for plenty of other European players too. In the NHL player leadership and culture needs to be handled by North Americans.

Scoring a goal on an ensuing PP is not enough of a response, that goal doesn't offset the loss of a player for the rest of the game, or even longer in some cases. The whole point of some on-ice player-to-player retribution is deterrence in the first place.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

olpaddy wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Fuck ya paddy. They should be running matheson shift after shift and trying everything to fuck him up.
Screw the measely win and points. Stepping up there would be waaaay more inportant for a team than a win like that
If you need air...call it in