My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: My Truck...

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Gave up on trying to buy a Toyota truck. Love them but too fucking expensive combined with shit financing, plus I need a full size truck instead of the mid size Tacoma. Come close to biting on a 4.7 litre Tundra but too much dough even for the 4.7. If I won the lotto I'd buy the 5.7 litre tundra

For work truck reasons I went with a demo model with 10K's 2015 Silverado. 4x4, crew cab, tow package for $28,000. Came with a great financing as well. Excellent deals on 2015 Silverados and Sierras right now

Wanted a Toyota real bad but no deals on toyotas and their financings
Hey dude you probably had lovers nuts for the jap rig because Sean Ellwood drives one.
You huffing scotch guard like they do on a northern Manitoba native reserve again? Cut that shit out boozer
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I picked up one of these for hauling long lumber in the low position, throw my car top boat on it in the high position.

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: After the bullshit I've dealt with from Penticton Toyota and Toyota Canada......I'm looking elsewhere when I buy again.
What are some of the issues you've had Tops?

I had tire issues and Toyotatown in Langley was great helping me out. Gave me brand new tires and rims because they couldn't balance the tires properly. Even sent them out for road force balancing and then after driving for a while the tries would come back out of balance, you would feel a shimmy at high speeds. Once they threw new tires and rims on I haven't had an issue since.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:I bought the V6 six foot box. The long box with extended cab is a bit too big, not condusive for being a van city builder. I'm not that builder who tows a utility trailer and dump trailer. Another builder on my street has the 3500 7 foot box with with extended crew cab, it's a bus. He was the one who pointed me towards the Silverado or Sierra

Smoking deals on the 2015's right now. Mine is silver, looks great. Picked it up last night at Carter GM at north shore auto mall. Put $10 grand down, I bought the extended warranty. The extended warranty actually saved me a ton of dough on my last truck on repairs
So how are you liking this truck ? I'm looking hard at grabbing a 2015 or 2016 this summer. Is the 6 enough power ? My price range is 30 k so I think I should be able to get a decent rig for that couple years old and get the dealer to slap on some extra warranty. I don't want anymore than 60 K on the truck however. Just can't buy a Dodge and I'm done with my Ford.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Looks whose got no more slopping cart, picked up a 14' Acura MDX - SH-AWD Advance, V6.

Urban slicksta styles.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

driving uber now?

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

make some extra money hey, hmmm not a bad ideal - undercover uber WeChat
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:15 am
Topper wrote: After the bullshit I've dealt with from Penticton Toyota and Toyota Canada......I'm looking elsewhere when I buy again.
What are some of the issues you've had Tops?

I had tire issues and Toyotatown in Langley was great helping me out. Gave me brand new tires and rims because they couldn't balance the tires properly. Even sent them out for road force balancing and then after driving for a while the tries would come back out of balance, you would feel a shimmy at high speeds. Once they threw new tires and rims on I haven't had an issue since.
Frame rust recall. Castlegar and Williams Lake (possibly others) take 2+ days to do the truck. 1st day clean the frame completely and leave in the shop overnight to dry, 2nd day, inspect, grind/buff out any rust spots if needed then treat the frame. Allow to cure overnight inside their shop. Late on the third day when most of the sealant has cured and the stench gone from the truck, they call the owner to pick it up.

Penticton Toyota, 4 hours, done. Got home and looked, they hadn't cleaned, inspected or ground/buffed out anything. Spray the treatment and return to customer. I sent them pictures of where they'd sprayed over clumps of mud on the frame. They took it back. washed and retreated those areas.

Obviously the frame was never inspected. If it had been the person inspecting it would have noticed the mud and dirt that needed to be removed so he could see the frame.

After the second go round and I still found mud on the frame, I had them put it on the hoist so I could inspect it. Service Manager denied it so I wiped mud on his arm. He went nuts accusing me of assault, threatening to call the cops, telling me to "get the fuck out of his shop" and tried to lower the hoist while I was under the truck taking pictures of the mud still on the frame.

Launched a complaint with Toyota Canada. Three months later I got a call from them stating they had spoken with the dealership and had been told the job was done correctly, case closed.
Last edited by Topper on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Wow. That's absolute garbage. I can't actually believe the manager took that approach. Swearing at you?

I've had indifferent to poor service from the Toyota dealer in Victoria, so I tend not to give them my business, but with recall stuff you don't have much choice.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fucking assholes. I had a toyota prematurely rust out years ago and the lougheed hwy BBY dealership said that at 200 k they dont give a fuck about it or you. I have been tempted but never bought one since.

The one i have now is ugly as fuck but such a pleasure to drive on hwy... i have to shamefully admit. The honda service has been excellent as well. (2017 chinese recreation vehicle)

I load on about 50-60 k a year so flip vehicles often. Next one I'll try the ugly ass ridgeline i think
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I've had great service from the dealership in Williams Lake. This came down to Penticton Toyota and Toyota Canada. Penticton is used to seeing trucks used for hauling golf clubs not trucks that are used as trucks. Toyota Canada didn't even consider the customer.

But they gave me a crappy flashlight that broke the first time I used it.

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Damn, I knew the GM at Toyota in Langley and always got good service! Still like the 2016 Taco, versatile truck that was all I needed.

Finding now I want something bigger that can tow. Have a small trailer and even that taxes the Taco on the Coq and other interior Hwys. Likely pick up a diesel next go round, like that the F150s have that option now. Not sure which brand to try next time, pretty much found I'm not brand loyal at all - just go with what work best for what I'm doing at the time.

More Hwy travel now and hauling things around, plus not in the lower mainland anymore so a full size would be nice. Actually have a garage that'll fit one now!
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

The Ram Ecodiesel is all you’d need AaronP.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I have a 2018 Toyota Coralla, can I join the group?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Only if you jack it up.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!