Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

nuckster
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by nuckster »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:30 pm An interesting article in Toronto Sports Network.

https://www.tsn.ca/ten-points-to-ponder ... -1.1171957
How, exactly, will the same group of blueliners produce more offence than last season? One way to address the issue would have been to change personnel in the off-season. That did not happen. Not even a little. Quite remarkably, the team returns the same eight defencemen that underwhelmed a year ago and now the challenge is clearly to squeeze more out of the group.
What happened to the secondary-trade market Canucks general manager Jim Benning talked about after the draft in Dallas in June? There was much speculation (and I think plenty of hope) that the Canucks may work a deal or two on the draft floor in Big D. But the Canucks go into camp in Whistler without having made a dent in the trade market since last year’s deadline. Does that indicate the players they’d be inclined to move have little or no value?
Ugh. Not a feel good experience reading that.... unfortunately, there's a lot of truth to it. I think im going to just committ suicide! 😃
cc oldtimer
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Benning and Boeser’s agent have agreed to put off contract talks until the end of the season. Both parties agree last years shortened season shows he is a legit top six but the sense is they are not seeing things the same. Both say a deal will get done and it’s up to Boeser to have a great 2nd year.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

He'll throw up 90.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Roussel out with a concussion before preseason starts already.
ben kuzma:

Roussel was blind-sided while skating three weeks ago in Montreal and suffered a concussion.

Still has some symptoms. Plan is to sit winger out for a couple of days.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:03 am Roussel out with a concussion before preseason starts already.
ben kuzma:

Roussel was blind-sided while skating three weeks ago in Montreal and suffered a concussion.

He just wanted to miss the Green bag skate.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

How long til Roussel pounds Blobbees Boi - Zach Coke-assian to Bolivia in oblivion again?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:42 am How long til Roussel pounds Blobbees Boi - Zach Coke-assian to Bolivia in oblivion again?
Lol have you seen the fight?

It looked like you and Rosie Rottencrotch wrasslin outside the Astoria for a flap of bump.

Kassian punched the piss out of Roussel (our new heavyweight)
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Seeing Kassian fight reminds Blob of him and his pasty faced bender running mates scrapping it out over coke crumb discoveries during the chicken scratch phase of the wee mornings in a room at the Astoria
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Nobody said he was good at it, just willing.
That;s at least better than what we've seen lately.
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:42 am How long til Roussel pounds Blobbees Boi - Zach Coke-assian to Bolivia in oblivion again?
With a soft spot on the melon I doubt Roussel is chuckin' knuckles anytime soon.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:51 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:03 am Roussel out with a concussion before preseason starts already.
ben kuzma:

He just wanted to miss the Green bag skate.
Seems you are onto something. :-p
Coach Green said Roussel skated again this morning. “He skated hard, did a skating test and I’m expecting to see him on the ice sooner than later.”
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ Must not have been a severe concussion if Roussel is "skating hard" three weeks later..
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:01 am
Lol have you seen the fight?

It looked like you and Rosie Rottencrotch wrasslin outside the Astoria for a flap of bump.

Kassian punched the piss out of Roussel (our new heavyweight)
Roussel doesn’t have to fight the kassian’s in the league, we got our own heavyweight in guddy who’s dummied kass and Wilson. Roussel can take the non big guy fights or fight the big guys and hang on.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:58 pm Roussel can take the non big guy fights or fight the big guys and hang on.
... and rough-up the other teams' stars when they go after ours. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:02 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:58 pm Roussel can take the non big guy fights or fight the big guys and hang on.
... and rough-up the other teams' stars when they go after ours. Image
Right there! "when they go after ours" That's the ticket.

Hitting back is a deterrent but taking someone out of the equation for 5 minutes or more is the magic.
He does seem to have an aptitude for selecting key players. 8-)
"evolution"