Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

theman wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:03 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:17 pm You’d be better off to mention the players Vancouver had a chance at drafting in 08-10 that would have had an impact in the 11 playoffs. As said already Karlsson was rated in the late 20s and obviously was a great gamble. Using him is a bit disingenuous.

Who are the guys the Canucks could have legitimately drafted from 08-10 that would have sealed that cup?
Only possible ones would be: Eberle, Josi and Ryan O'Rielly. We traded our 2010 pick.
I’m fully in agreement that Eye Bags and his staff were garbage drafters. I’m just calling out the Dude who will bring up Karlsson when he was nowhere near rated at the 9Th pick. I’ll listen to drafting Myers. He may have picked Myers who was rated in there and could have made a difference. The defence did get obliterated after all.

Point is we know Gillis shit the bed drafting. That isn’t a secret. Elmer has coiled the bed with trades and signings, but the drafting has been good. It would be nice to have a GM who can nail 2/3
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If youre gonna be good at only 1...at least elmer is nailing the most important
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:35 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:28 pm
BladesofSteel wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:57 am Bo, Gaunce and Hutton are the only players left that were drafted by the last regime. If you include the entire league, Connauton and Schroeder round out the abysmal era that was Gillis & co.

37 draft picks over six entry drafts and only one single legitimate player. :shock:

Absolutely appalling.
Yet 1 win away from a Stanley Cup.
Just imagine if they drafted well though, they could have won a cup.
It was more about injuries plus the refs swallowing their whistles in the series against Boston.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Lou says hi. Or was it oops.
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:49 pm If youre gonna be good at only 1...at least elmer is nailing the most important
True dat, but one could argue that the last two times we went to the Cup Final wouldn't have happened without some astute trading - Burke, getting the #2/3 picks, and Quinn with the St. Louis trade. So just being good at drafting ain't gonna cut it.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:25 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:49 pm If youre gonna be good at only 1...at least elmer is nailing the most important
True dat, but one could argue that the last two times we went to the Cup Final wouldn't have happened without some astute trading - Burke, getting the #2/3 picks, and Quinn with the St. Louis trade. So just being good at drafting ain't gonna cut it.
Now that we have some value in the system, we’ll see some proper trades from jim.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:58 pm
Now that we have some value in the system, we’ll see some proper trades from jim.
Lol that makes no sense. There was value on the parent team when Elmer got here even though the cupboards were barren. Why did he hemorrhage value in the Sutter and Gudbranson trades?

I’m not going to bother mentioning the Vey and Pedan trades because management was inexplicably chasing an age gap.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:42 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:58 pm
Lol that makes no sense. There was value on the parent team when Elmer got here even though the cupboards were barren. Why did he hemorrhage value in the Sutter and Gudbranson trades?
Yimmy got great value in the Sutter and Gudbranson trades, but we've covered this ground a few times now.

GMJB checks all three boxes in my humble and unbiased opinion...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If he got great value he gave up spectacular value.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fuck ya. Quinn and the StL trade was a franchise changing moment but...if they had just drafted Jagr over Nedved would that change your mind?

This franchise has gone so long on bad drafting we dont even know what the hell that means really lol
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:03 pm If he got great value he gave up spectacular value.
McCann is garbage and so is bonino, bonino disliked having to play as a second line center and wanted out, McCann is an average 3rd liner and we got a crap ton of guys similar to him that aren’t dicks in the lockerroom. The Canucks had no young talent worth anything other than horvat. It was a miracle we got talent as good as granlund for shinkaruk. He turned lack an ahler into a couple of picks, burrows and Hansen(both out of the league) into first round picks, bieksa and garrison into a couple of second round picks. All these players were old with ntc and basically on their way out of the league, getting what he got for them is highway robbery. He now has top 6 talented youth galore with no trade protection that can be used to get better value.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol if McCann is garbage, Gudbranson is an AHL player. I’ll take a guy who can score 30 points on the 3rd line making a million over a slug who is bottom pairing on a playoff team scores 8 points a year and makes top 4 money. But he has three or four fights a year I guess.

Bonino wanted less ice time. Now I’ve heard it all. I had no problem with them trading Bonino, just not for Sutter. It is what it is. Those trades have been panned everywhere but here. Water under a bridge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:06 pm Lol if McCann is garbage, Gudbranson is an AHL player.
Sure. :roll:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:06 pm I’ll take a guy who can score 30 points on the 3rd line making a million over a slug who is bottom pairing on a playoff team scores 8 points a year and makes top 4 money.
McCann has 19 goals + 34 assists = 53 points in 166 games.

That's just 26 points per 82-game season... and just 9 goals per 82-game season.

So far he's a complete and utter failure as the "offensive forward" he's supposed to be.

And allegedly he has a poor attitude to go along with that... nice.

I've proven a couple of times that The Guds is a #4 (and hey he is paid like a number 4).

"bottom pairing on a playoff team"?? :scowl:

The last time he played in the playoffs he averaged 27 minutes per game (I've pointed that out before).

He was 11th in minutes per game in the league that year.

"bottom pairing on a playoff team"?? Image

Let's face it, the only reason you B L I N D L Y criticize this trade is because of that agenda of yours...
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:06 pm But he has three or four fights a year I guess.
OH EM GEE you were SCREAMING for a guy who could/would scrap before that trade! :lol:

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/FightC ... P=46234&L=

Averages 5 fights per year...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol Gudbranson averaged 20 min a game that year. In 2/7 seasons he has played top 4 minutes in the NHL. Hockey Reference is your friend. His icetime shot up in the playoffs to 27 min due to a couple long ot games. He has been a massive disappointment here. I thought he was more like Dave Manson or Scott Stevens but he looks like a hybrid of Andrew Alberts and Dave Richter.

McCann put up 27 ES points in 68 games last year getting a shade over 13 min a game as a 22 year old. He more than held his own.

I want to like Gudbranson but at this stage he has been a major league clown since arriving here and looks like a #6 d man who handles the puck like a grenade and turns like a bus.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:55 pm Lol Gudbranson averaged 20 min a game that year.
Quite right, he's a top-4 guy. :D
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:55 pm In 2/7 seasons he has played top 4 minutes in the NHL. Hockey Reference is your friend.
I've crushed this argument a few times and you've offered no response...
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:55 pm His icetime shot up in the playoffs to 27 min due to a couple long ot games.
The Cats averaged just 6.5 minutes of overtime play per game that year.

And how do you explain the fact The Guds led his team in minutes by a huge margin?

"bottom pairing on a playoff team"?? Image
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:55 pm McCann put up 27 ES points in 68 games last year getting a shade over 13 min a game as a 22 year old. He more than held his own.
Lol his numbers are Leipsic-like, a young player you mock = A G E N D A
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:55 pm I want to like Gudbranson but...
Yes but sadly you are owned and operated by your agenda...
____
Try to focus on someday.