Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Mickey107 »

https://world.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/r ... defenseman

Well; No reason to think there isn't something to this.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:42 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:51 pm
ESQ wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:45 pm Trouba gets 1-year, $5.5 million in arbitration. After a "marathon" arbitration arson session, they just literally split the difference! :lol:

I had thought there was a rule that a player isn't tradeable after the team accepts the arbitration ruling, but I must have had that mixed up with matching an offer sheet.

You may also be thinking of walk away rights if the award exceeds 3.5 million.
I remember a lot of posting at the time of the Weber offer sheet, about whether there was some way for the Canucks to trade for him, but I think a team can't match an offer sheet then trade the guy.
IF only the Canucks had some fucking WHL scouts back then...or any decent scouts overall instead of that micky mouse operation back in all the Canucks existence before Jimmy came aboard.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Bo, Gaunce and Hutton are the only players left that were drafted by the last regime. If you include the entire league, Connauton and Schroeder round out the abysmal era that was Gillis & co.

37 draft picks over six entry drafts and only one single legitimate player. :shock:

Absolutely appalling.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

BladesofSteel wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:57 am Bo, Gaunce and Hutton are the only players left that were drafted by the last regime. If you include the entire league, Connauton and Schroeder round out the abysmal era that was Gillis & co.

37 draft picks over six entry drafts and only one single legitimate player. :shock:

Absolutely appalling.
Yet 1 win away from a Stanley Cup.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:28 pm
BladesofSteel wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:57 am Bo, Gaunce and Hutton are the only players left that were drafted by the last regime. If you include the entire league, Connauton and Schroeder round out the abysmal era that was Gillis & co.

Absolutely appalling.
Just imagine if they drafted well though, they could have won a cup.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Absolutely appalling.
Nobody they would have drafted from 08-10 would have helped win a cup in 2011.

Don’t say Karlsson because he was a big reach for Ottawa
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Absolutely appalling.
You’ll have better luck reasoning with with a picnic table
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Absolutely appalling.
wouldn't have won a cup, but perhaps made the Twinsition a little less painful
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Absolutely appalling.
Nobody they would have drafted from 08-10 would have helped win a cup in 2011.

Don’t say Karlsson because he was a big reach for Ottawa
Must be why those 2nd and 3rd rounders are so important to stockpile.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That’s what smart GMs do when rebuilding. More lottery tickets= more chances to draft a good player.

Point is nobody drafted two seasons earlier was likely going to make much of an impact on a cup run.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 am That’s what smart GMs do when rebuilding. More lottery tickets= more chances to draft a good player.

Point is nobody drafted two seasons earlier was likely going to make much of an impact on a cup run.
All players easily squeezed on to a payroll in a cap system, the same can’t be said about a Norris Trophy Dman looking to sign his $10 million per retirement contract
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:50 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 am That’s what smart GMs do when rebuilding. More lottery tickets= more chances to draft a good player.

All players easily squeezed on to a payroll in a cap system, the same can’t be said about a Norris Trophy Dman looking to sign his $10 million per retirement contract
Sure
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 am Point is nobody drafted two seasons earlier was likely going to make much of an impact on a cup run.
That's interesting, I thought that as a rule every recent Cup winner had key players on ELCs on their roster.

Pens 2009 - Letang and Staal
Hawks 2010 - Craword, Kane and Toews
Bruins 2011 - Seguin was a minor player, Marchand was on ELC
Kings 2012 - they had no rookies
Hawks 2013 - Shaw and Saad
Kings 2014 - Pearson and Toffoli
Hawks 2015 - Saad and Teravainen
Penguins 2016 - Sheary, Murray, Maatta, Rust
Penguins 2017 - Murray, Sheary, Guentzel
Caps 2018 - no rookies

I suppose most of these players were more than draft +2 by the time they made an impact, but I think as a rule, Cup winners have ELC players in key roles on their championship runs.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You’d be better off to mention the players Vancouver had a chance at drafting in 08-10 that would have had an impact in the 11 playoffs. As said already Karlsson was rated in the late 20s and obviously was a great gamble. Using him is a bit disingenuous.

Who are the guys the Canucks could have legitimately drafted from 08-10 that would have sealed that cup?
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:17 pm You’d be better off to mention the players Vancouver had a chance at drafting in 08-10 that would have had an impact in the 11 playoffs. As said already Karlsson was rated in the late 20s and obviously was a great gamble. Using him is a bit disingenuous.

Who are the guys the Canucks could have legitimately drafted from 08-10 that would have sealed that cup?
Only possible ones would be: Eberle, Josi and Ryan O'Rielly. We traded our 2010 pick.