the paranoia of the canuck fanbase

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: the paranoia of the canuck fanbase

Post by Diehard1 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 pm
Diehard1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 pm Wow - where does one even start with you? You must be really fun at parties.
Actually I am lots of fun at parties. Image

It's funny you would say that because that is exactly how I see you!

We're opposites you and I.

Hand to God, I see you as a constipated preppy who flashes plastic smiles but who is inwardly miserable.

And, as is the case with most preppies, you're not half as smart as you think you are.

But we should get back to the debate at hand...

Diehard1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 pm I honestly don’t have time to respond to this right now, hopefully will get to it within the next couple of days.
Promise? 8-)

Cuz yeah, it wouldn't be the first time you bailed on a debate brah...

Diehard1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 pm Suffice it to say, I’ve never seen anybody miss the forest for the trees as much as you
That's odd considering that very idiom is constantly used by the antiblobs to describe the blobytes (folks such as yourself).

Diehard1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 pm - take one tiny detail in a phrase and make the whole phrase about that, rather than actually discussing the main point.
That's exactly the kind of lame response one expects to get from a preppy who just lost a debate.

In reality, the "main point" of your last few posts has indeed been about using your Leaves

... as an example of how extra (late) draft picks (1.6 per year in this case) are essential to a rebuild.

In reality I destroyed your "main point". Image

Diehard1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 pm Don’t worry, I’ve been doing this debating thing longer than you have
Oh really. :roll:

Ever won one? :mex:

Diehard1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 pm , and as I said you’ve yet to ever give your own, original thoughts on the team so somebody else can discuss them. Given it’s never happened I don’t see that changing now, guess you missed that part too.
Yup, you're odd alright, most would say The Great Strangelove is the most outspoken opinionated asshole is Canuck messageboard history...

Diehard1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 pm As for the whole sucking at debating comment, hard to debate somebody who keeps changing the goalposts. I realized you disliked the ‘nailing jello to the wall’ comment but it’s so fitting and given how you’ve attacked my posts since I said it I guess it really hit home. I didn’t realize you were so sensitive :wink:
^ Nice fantasy.

First of all, it's next to impossible to get under the skin of The Great Strangelove.

Secondly, it would take much more than a silly phrase to do so.

Thirdly, I've been crushing you for a lot longer than that (actually since you first came out as a whining blobyte)

Fourthly, I remember the phrase being used recently, but in my memory banks it was by Blob himself. (honestly)

Fifthly, I most certainly have not "changed the goalposts".

(looking forward to your explanation on that... "within the next couple of days") :scowl:

PRO TIP: If you're ever to have a hope of winning a debate, you're gonna hafta start dealing in facts rather than fantasy.
Alright - I have a bit of time right now - amazing to me that a moderator can do nothing but take pot shots at others yet nothing happens. No wonder this site is mostly garbage posts by you attacking others with little actual hockey content. I don't usually make personal attacks but given how far off-track you went I'll make an exception here. Don't worry, I'll respond to your prior post as well, as at least it had a little something to do with hockey.

I'm not really the type to talk about my life on a message board, but suffice to say you again couldn't have missed the mark much further. I figure you're an unemployed former hourly worker who lives with his parents and is either divorced or hasn't had a girlfriend or boyfriend (I'm not the type to judge, doesn't matter to me either way) in years because nobody can take your shit. Either way, you come across as bitter at the world, so hopefully you get some joy out of tearing down others on a message board. If that's the case feel free to keep going as it doesn't bother me. We are most definitely opposites as I'm blessed, have a great life, great job and great family, so I couldn't ask for much else.

As for walking away from 'debates' as you call them? I usually make a point of doing so when somebody starts personal attacks, because I don't have any interest in 'debating' anybody who thinks it's fun to start demeaning somebody on a message board. It just doesn't get anywhere and isn't worth the little free time I have in a day to respond to people like that. Again, I'm making a one time exception in this post because you can't seem to help yourself.

You did get one part of your post bang on though, perhaps the first time we've agreed on anything, you sir, are definitely an asshole. ;)

All this said, I'd have no problem having a beer with you one day, I'm happy to discuss hockey with those even if they are intellectually challenged.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:21 pm
Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 pm Hey Rikster,

Been a while, hope everything is good with you! I'm going to disagree with a few things you said, though I also agree with a number of them. I don't really care what word they use, rebuild, retool, re-whatever, as long as the results are there. So far the results couldn't have been much worse
The “results” one wants to see in a successful rebuild is a good crop of prospects coming in.

So yeah… the “results” have been great thus far.

Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 pm For a 7 to 10 year rebuild, has there been a successful rebuild in the post salary cap era that has taken that long? Pittsburgh, LA, Washington, Chicago, Winnipeg, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Philly, New Jersey, Colorado, Dallas all took less time than that, and most quite a bit less. SJ, Nashville, Boston, Minny, Anaheim, St. Louis, Detroit, Ottawa all haven't rebuilt yet, though Detroit and Ottawa are starting. Edmonton, Carolina, Florida, Arizona, Buffalo, all have sucked for a while and have been examples of unsuccessful rebuilds. Even the the Islanders under Milbury barely sucked enough to miss the playoffs 7 straight seasons, so my opinion if is it takes you 7 to 10 years to rebuild you're definitely doing it wrong.
7 to 10 years?

Canucks are anywhere from 1 to 4 years into a rebuild… depending on who you listen to.

(the Blobytes say 1 year)

Just some perspective, yes I get that you’re discussing how long theoretically this rebuild should/should-not take

Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 pm I agree that it's better to focus on finding elite players rather than supporting players, I just hope that the salaries of supporting players won't hinder paying those elite players in the future. I figure there's always a way to get out of the contracts so I'm not too concerned overall. A rising salary cap and player movement means it's relatively unlikely it will hurt and if it does it won't be too much.
You started that paragraph with concern about the contracts of vets

… then you went on to address those concerns to your own satisfaction.

It’s very interesting to observe you debating yourself. :lol:

Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 pm The example you gave of the leaves though - since 2012 they've drafted 5th (Morgan Rielly), 21st (Frederik Gauthier), 8th (William Nylander), 4th (Mitch Marner), 1st (Austin Matthews), 17th (Liljegren) and 29th this year (Rasmus Sandin). The Canucks over that same period have drafted 26th (Gaunce), 9th (Horvat) and 24th (Shinkaruk) in 2013, 6th (Virtanen), 23rd (Boeser), 5th (Juolevi), 5th (Pettersson) and 7th (Hughes). Overall we've had higher picks than they have had, though as you said they did get the lottery luck one season. I'm hopeful our last 3 picks turn out to be very good players, but remember it's taken 3 horrible seasons to get there so we should get something for having to watch the hockey we've had to the past few seasons.
The only reason Rikster brought up the Leaves was to show those vet contracts aren’t a problem

… and you’ve already debated yourself into believing he’s right, remember? :D

Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 pm For me though, the big difference between the Nucks and the leaves over the past 5 drafts (since Benning started) is we've drafted 34 players while the leaves have drafted 42. That's a lot more draft picks to play with, and the leaves have turned them into some good prospects and a deep system that just won them the AHL championship. They should be good for a number of years to follow - and it pains me to say that.
Yet in those “past 5 drafts” Leaves have only drafted 3 proven NHL difference-makers.

(Matthews, Nylander, Marner)

Those extra eight draft picks of which you speak of had nothing to do with those guys.

And the only players from those “past 5 drafts” who played a regular shift in that AHL championship:

Engvall, Timashov, Grundstrom, Brooks, Dermott, and Liljegren.

Liljegren was horrible and Dermott only played 14 games.

Grundstrom was the best of those forwards point-wise and he was only 5th (14 points in 20 games).

Point is: Players from those “past 5 drafts” had next to nothing to do with winning that AHL championship.

But why are we talking about players/prospects on the Leaves/Marlies again?

Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 pm Over the past 13 months or so, since Pettersson was drafted, I've become a lot more hopeful that the team is on the right track, but I do believe that they'll have another bad season this year and Benning may not be around after it. I just don't see ownership sticking with him if he has 4 out of 5 seasons in the bottom 7 of the league.
Wanna bet?

I’m pretty sure that, unlike you, the owners judge the rebuild on the new core Jimmy is assembling.

What on Earth does winning games have to do with the rebuilding process? (that comes later)

Guess what Diehard, teams that win a lot of games aren’t "rebuilding"

… yeahno, a team like dat dere? ... they are "retooling" buddy! :mex:
Alright, again hard to know where to start but I will give it a try:

- Again, I said nothing about taking 7 to 10 years, that wasn't my idea (you should know how that works given how you never have your own ideas). That was a response to somebody else, I did not say, insinuate, or discuss anything about a rebuild taking that long, in fact my point was the opposite, that it shouldn't take anywhere near that long to get results.

- You said 'the Canucks are anywhere from 1 to 4 years into a rebuild' then wonder where I go the 1 to 2 years from (trying to slip away from your comments yet again). I'm sorry, you didn't actually take a position on this (as per usual) then act like you never said it, that there's no way you could have meant the lower portion of that range. Tell me, pick a position for once, how long into the rebuild are we in your opinion?

- Regarding the salaries, yes I said it worries me that we're signing lower end players to long term contracts with no-trade clauses. It should worry all of us because it's a continuing trend - Sutter is overpaid, Eriksson is massively overpaid (even you can't disagree with this, can you?), now Beagle is overpaid. If this continues then the salary cap will become a problem even if it isn't now, given new deals for younger players coming up. I then said it might be mitigated by a rising salary cap and perhaps some trades. How is that hard to understand?

- For the leaves, I didn't realize you were being so specific to make sure nobody could disagree with your points. Yes I said that the leaves in the past 5 drafts have drafted players that helped them win a recent championship, but that doesn't mean I was talking about their contributions in the playoffs only. Not sure how you got that specific - you do realize you have to have a good regular season to qualify for the playoffs right? The Marlies were the best team in the AHL in the regular season, helping them to the #1 seed, helping them to get favourable matchups in the playoffs. Regular season and playoff success is closely linked, really not sure why I have to spell this out for you but there it is. The players you mentioned had good to very good regular seasons and were either very good in the playoffs or contributed in them some way - all played regular shifts on a championship team. If you took my comment about the AHL don't tell me what I meant and then tell me you decided it only meant the playoffs, because that's not what I said - find where I said 'in the playoffs only' and we can talk

- Thank you for mentioning Johnsson - again a player the leaves drafted and developed, though I guess it was 6 drafts ago - I guess he doesn't count though in your mind. Seemed to do ok didn't he? I guess we don't need more picks to get guys like him though right? It was BB (before Benning) which in your mind is when the Big Bang happened, so let's not count that (yes I realize I'm getting off the very specific track you want to stay on to prove your specific point here)

- Sigh - regarding the draft picks, I don't know how many damn times I have to say how much I've liked what Benning has done there in the past few years. It's painful to keep explaining this to you, but here goes - yes I like the draft picks assembled, yes I think it's the best pool in Canucks history so far (just ahead of 1999 when we had the Sedins, Bryan Allen, Ruutu, etc.), yes I'm excited to see where it goes. No, I don't think Benning has done a good job getting extra picks and no, I don't think he's made good trades to put the rebuild as far along as he could have and no, I don't think he's done a good job signing free agents. It gets lost somehow that we've had to endure 3 horrible seasons in a row to get those picks, everyone gives Benning credit for the picks without pointing out that he's given us 3 straight terrible teams to get them. Get it? Not that difficult to follow so hopefully you won't ask me about it yet another time in a few weeks

Now, the questions for you, maybe you'll actually answer them this time instead of just going after my thoughts:

- how long has the rebuild been going on? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years?
- from the date you think they started, what has been their strategy?
- which free agent signings has Benning made that you've liked? Didn't like?
- did you watch any Marlies games this year? Highlights even?
- how many games have you seen Elias Pettersson play? Quinn Hughes? Juolevi? Lind? Gadjovich? It's definitely the best prospect pool in history as you keep pointing out so surely you've seen these guys play in order to keep saying it

Again, I'm happy to keep debating, perhaps at some point we'll even agree on something, but given we've both said our parts about how we don't like each other (at least on the internet) let's keep the conversation to hockey, shall we? If there's another personal attack post responding then I just don't have the patience for it anymore and yes, I will walk away from this conversation. :D
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Atta boy Diehard... don’t let the bully zealots push you around
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - Sigh - regarding the draft picks, I don't know how many damn times I have to say how much I've liked what Benning has done there in the past few years. It's painful to keep explaining this to you, but here goes - yes I like the draft picks assembled, yes I think it's the best pool in Canucks history so far (just ahead of 1999 when we had the Sedins, Bryan Allen, Ruutu, etc.), yes I'm excited to see where it goes. No, I don't think Benning has done a good job getting extra picks and no, I don't think he's made good trades to put the rebuild as far along as he could have and no, I don't think he's done a good job signing free agents. It gets lost somehow that we've had to endure 3 horrible seasons in a row to get those picks, everyone gives Benning credit for the picks without pointing out that he's given us 3 straight terrible teams to get them. Get it? Not that difficult to follow so hopefully you won't ask me about it yet another time in a few weeks
I think this paragraph eloquently sums up how many Canucks fans feel about the current management group.

It's sad that this line of thinking will get you tagged as a Benning hater.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

*Lol at blobytes saying blobyte things...
Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm Alright, again hard to know where to start but I will give it a try:

- Again, I said nothing about taking 7 to 10 years, that wasn't my idea (you should know how that works given how you never have your own ideas). That was a response to somebody else, I did not say, insinuate, or discuss anything about a rebuild taking that long, in fact my point was the opposite, that it shouldn't take anywhere near that long to get results.
Clearly (to everyone but you) I got that from the beginning.

I've already supplied proof of that, you must be blind….

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - You said 'the Canucks are anywhere from 1 to 4 years into a rebuild' then wonder where I go the 1 to 2 years from (trying to slip away from your comments yet again).
AGAIN: I never stated I think we are “anywhere from 1 to 4 years into a rebuild”. :crazy:

(you need to work on your reading comprehension)

In fact I’ve stated my precise position on this matter literally dozens of times.

You need to ask yourself why you are the only one who is blind to this.

And how on Earth did you miss me saying (twice) in this conversation the blobytes say 1 year and I am the Antiblob. :?

(PRO TIP: Blindness + low-level reading comprehension = poor debating skills)

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - Regarding the salaries, yes I said it worries me that we're signing lower end players to long term contracts with no-trade clauses. It should worry all of us because it's a continuing trend - Sutter is overpaid, Eriksson is massively overpaid (even you can't disagree with this, can you?), now Beagle is overpaid. If this continues then the salary cap will become a problem even if it isn't now, given new deals for younger players coming up. I then said it might be mitigated by a rising salary cap and perhaps some trades. How is that hard to understand?
Ummmm… I completely understood. :eh:

I merely laughed because you raised a concern and then alleviated that concern 2 sentences later.

You were effectively “debating with yourself".

How is laughing at dat dere hard to understand?

"you must be a lot of fun at parties" :D

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - For the leaves, I didn't realize you were being so specific to make sure nobody could disagree with your points. Yes I said that the leaves in the past 5 drafts have drafted players that helped them win a recent championship, but that doesn't mean I was talking about their contributions in the playoffs only
… find where I said 'in the playoffs only' and we can talk
Your original statement referred to the playoffs, I highlighted it in green remember:
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:27 pm
Diehard1 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 pm For me though, the big difference between the Nucks and the leaves over the past 5 drafts (since Benning started) is we've drafted 34 players while the leaves have drafted 42. That's a lot more draft picks to play with, and the leaves have turned them into some good prospects and a deep system that just won them the AHL championship.
You’ve since referred to that AHL championship a few times.

Amazing how you backpedal and move goalposts at the same time... you should be in the circus! :lol:

If you had previously said anything about the regular season

... I’d have pointed out how little those guys contributed in the regular season.

I’d also have reminded you of when YOU SAID:

“Hard to play for the Marlies when you are playing 37 games for the big club” :wink:

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - Thank you for mentioning Johnsson - again a player the leaves drafted and developed, though I guess it was 6 drafts ago - I guess he doesn't count though in your mind.
AGAIN: I was responding to YOUR statement in the highlighted green.

The reason you said "past 5 drafts" and not “past 6 drafts” is because Benning wasn’t here 6 drafts ago. (context buddy context)

More proof of you trying to move the goalposts after losing the debate…

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - Sigh - regarding the draft picks, I don't know how many damn times I have to say how much I've liked what Benning has done there in the past few years. It's painful to keep explaining this to you, but here goes - yes I like the draft picks assembled, yes I think it's the best pool in Canucks history so far (just ahead of 1999 when we had the Sedins, Bryan Allen, Ruutu, etc.), yes I'm excited to see where it goes. No, I don't think Benning has done a good job getting extra picks and no, I don't think he's made good trades to put the rebuild as far along as he could have and no, I don't think he's done a good job signing free agents. It gets lost somehow that we've had to endure 3 horrible seasons in a row to get those picks, everyone gives Benning credit for the picks without pointing out that he's given us 3 straight terrible teams to get them. Get it? Not that difficult to follow so hopefully you won't ask me about it yet another time in a few weeks
Yeahno, you’re fucked-up buddy, drowning in a puddle of your own secretions.

You should change your handle from "Diehard" to "Dead Inside". :mrgreen:

Suck it up Buttercup, you’ve gotta expect “horrible seasons” in a rebuild.

You just finally admitted we have “the best pool in Canucks history”

…. yet throughout this debate you have repeatedly stated:

“The results couldn't have been much worse”

And I should remind you here that in the past I’ve handed you your ass in debates about those FA signings/trades.

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm Now, the questions for you, maybe you'll actually answer them this time instead of just going after my thoughts:

- how long has the rebuild been going on? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years?
- from the date you think they started, what has been their strategy?
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 33#p296033

(kindly read all 5 consecutive posts)

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - which free agent signings has Benning made that you've liked? Didn't like?
The last time you and I discussed FAs and trades you bailed, here was my last post in that debate:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 91#p298891

So ironic that YOU accuse ME of not debating these things. :lol:

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - did you watch any Marlies games this year? Highlights even?
Yes... but this is just you trying to move the goalposts amirite?

If you doubt my knowledge of all things Leaves, you should check out the Leaves thread.

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm - how many games have you seen Elias Pettersson play? Quinn Hughes? Juolevi? Lind? Gadjovich? It's definitely the best prospect pool in history as you keep pointing out so surely you've seen these guys play in order to keep saying it
Since we both now agree that it’s “the best prospect pool in history” how is this relevant to our discussion?

(you little goalpost-mover you!) :)
Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm Again, I'm happy to keep debating, perhaps at some point we'll even agree on something, but given we've both said our parts about how we don't like each other (at least on the internet) let's keep the conversation to hockey, shall we? If there's another personal attack post responding then I just don't have the patience for it anymore and yes, I will walk away from this conversation.
Lol, did someone hack your account and post that lengthy lame-ass personal attack above?

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 56#p310356

Hmmmm... posted just 33 minutes before this particular post of yours...

(you little hypocrite you!) :drink:

"You are unemployed and living with your parents" - Diehard1

OMG wot a lame-o! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW what was your excuse for “walking away” from the FAs and trades debate linked above? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 pm
Diehard1 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 pm Suffice it to say, I’ve never seen anybody miss the forest for the trees as much as you
That's odd considering that very idiom is constantly used by the antiblobs to describe the blobytes (folks such as yourself).
If you are as much in the mood to illustrate as debate, could you please expand on this idea ? What larger forest are we Blobytes missing ? I lack RoyalDude's foresight and cannot see the outline of the Masterpiece being constructed. What style of play will this team embrace, based on what strength(s) ?

For example, (and forgive me if this is too much like asking about individual trees) how many of the players who will be on the Stanley Cup Dynasty Edition of the Canucks are already in the system ? What other players (positions, roles, styles of play) remain to be acquired, and how will Benning acquire them ?

At the very least, it is reasonable to ask a forester when a commercial forest will be ready for timber harvesting. In what year does the Dynasty Edition team win it's first Cup with Benning at the helm ?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

We've been through this before Cliffy, Eriksson is a tree, the growing/developing prospect pool if the forest...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If Eriksson is a tree he’s black on top and covered with about 90 trillion pine beatles and soaked in gas
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

(Sigh). Crappy time of year for the hockey (Canuck) enthusiast. Pissing contests aren't particularly entertaining either. Heading back east on the 16th to visit my sister in north bay, ont. for a couple of weeks. Gawd help me when it comes to swilling the ipa and conversing with the maple leaf fanatics out there. Can just imagine how many times im going to hear about the tandem of mathews-tavares...gawd. im thinking of designing some ear muffs/plugs to put on for dramatic effect and call them the 'leaf-noise-deflectors'. In any case, lets not take this all too seriously (said the burning pot to the kettle), or the guy in the canucks t-shirt to the leaf fanatics. Cheers.
cc oldtimer
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Well, I guess this place is back to normal...
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Well, at least the thread has an appropriate title.

I always skipped out of science class when they were gonna dissect something.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm Again, I'm happy to keep debating, perhaps at some point we'll even agree on something, but given we've both said our parts about how we don't like each other (at least on the internet) let's keep the conversation to hockey, shall we? If there's another personal attack post responding then I just don't have the patience for it anymore and yes, I will walk away from this conversation. :D
He's full of himself and luvs to belittle ppl. It seems to make him feel good and/or he thinks it gives him the upper hand in the debate. He's a major reason why this site always has the same cast of characters. Most newbies are scared away by him, so when a new guy comes on to praise him, u know something's up.

What can u do? If u think everything is honky dory with the team, then u are generally fine by him. If u have some have some criticisms of the team, then expect some personal jabs. Just ask anyone here who has debated with him in the past. Maybe he's on the payroll to battle all dissent on public forums to keep the team/mgmt in a good light; maybe he was good budz with Aqua-man back in the day or maybe he just luvs his Kool-Aid. Who knows.

Anyways, do speak your mind on what u think abt the team & mgmt, but don't waste too much time on it if the dog comes around sniffing your butt, hounding you, trying to drag you into an endless drivel. For the most part, it will be a waste of time. As you said, just close the door and walk away. :)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:59 am
Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm Again, I'm happy to keep debating, perhaps at some point we'll even agree on something, but given we've both said our parts about how we don't like each other (at least on the internet) let's keep the conversation to hockey, shall we? If there's another personal attack post responding then I just don't have the patience for it anymore and yes, I will walk away from this conversation. :D
He's full of himself and luvs to belittle ppl. It seems to make him feel good and/or he thinks it gives him the upper hand in the debate. He's a major reason why this site always has the same cast of characters. Most newbies are scared away by him, so when a new guy comes on to praise him, u know something's up.

What can u do? If u think everything is honky dory with the team, then u are generally fine by him. If u have some have some criticisms of the team, then expect some personal jabs. Just ask anyone here who has debated with him in the past. Maybe he's on the payroll to battle all dissent on public forums to keep the team/mgmt in a good light; maybe he was good budz with Aqua-man back in the day or maybe he just luvs his Kool-Aid. Who knows.

Anyways, do speak your mind on what u think abt the team & mgmt, but don't waste too much time on it if the dog comes around sniffing your butt, hounding you, trying to drag you into an endless drivel. For the most part, it will be a waste of time. As you said, just close the door and walk away. :)
It’s “hunky “ not “honky”
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:59 am

Lol, more paid shill talk, what a joke. Diehard bitches and whines that “we’ve sucked the last 3 years, everything done was horrible”, then admits its the best prospect pool assembled, he then gets thoroughly embarrassed in a debate and its the typical well pro management are paid shills. I’m glad doc is able to set you guys right. Again look at the big picture and be patient, it’s a rebuild they suck. Also we’re finally getting to a point where we’ll have valued tradeable assets, so all the whining about “where are my picks!!” Can hopefully settle down. I’d rather have extra picks when we’re on the upswing anyway cause it gives more flexibility in trades and at the draft.