The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:29 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:18 am I’m not a huge fan of the second line either, but if they play Sutter and Eriksson more on the PK and play Pettersson more on the PP and the whole line less 5 on 5 unless they really click, it might be sufficient. I think that third line would be great 5 on 5, just nasty, but not so much for specialty teams. Fourth line would be strictly a shutdown and PK line.

Just have to stick to my plan, sign Hughes and stay injury free and they are:

Definitely a playoff team

:mrgreen:
The dark horse for 2C is Dahlen/Pettersson sharing the middle. Or even if Lind comes to camp after a cycle of roids.

I still think Sutter gets moved before october
Nope Sutter is staying put this year, next year however his NTC becomes a MNTC where he submits a 15 team no trade list.

I'd 'Anisimov' Sutter, where Anisimov was put in between Panarin and Kane.

Sutter can be in-between the two hot shots Dahlen and Pettersson, and be the stable 200ft center taking the faceoffs and just give the puck to the two Swedish amigos.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

It's looking like it will be 2C by committee with Sutter,Gaudette,Gagner,Beagle maybe even Petterson getting chances .
Unless Genius Jim can pull off a trade.
Could work out,at least they have the depth/options to.
The other position that concerns me is RHD.
Again a trade could happen,lots of time yet
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

dangler wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:02 am It's looking like it will be 2C by committee with Sutter,Gaudette,Gagner,Beagle maybe even Petterson getting chances .
Unless Genius Jim can pull off a trade.
Could work out,at least they have the depth/options to.

The other position that concerns me is RHD.
Again a trade could happen,lots of time yet
Where toronto and edmonton fail is where the Canucks should become elite and that's on defense, the team has it's future QB now in Hughes, plus 2nd pairing dmen in Juolevi and Woo.

But right now Vancouver should be strategizing a plan to acquire a bigger right side dman who can get points to complete the top 4 defense.

example: Parayko, Weber, Dumba and the likely guy imo is Justin Faulk, as the Canes are ready to shake and bake and make a lot of moves.

HUGHES - ____
JUOLEVI - WOO

But for now Tanev, Stecher and Guddy as the right side dmen is a capable right side crew in these rebuilding years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:00 am

Consisting of a professional asshole and two apprentice assholes.

Roussel Gaudette Virtanen

Eriksson Sutterson (Pettersson and Sutter sharing C and RW)

Like the RGV line - they should skate well and hit.

the second line - having 2 players who have yet to put up the points with a young guy, will it work? Is Sutter the guy who will dish of the pass to the others or will the play die on his stick? If they do put a line like this together TG needs to give them time to gel, not 1 - 2 games but give them 10, different talent levels with a rookie.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

That RGV line would not be fun to play against that's for sure, remnants of the ol' Torres-Malhotra-Hansen line or Hansen-Kesler-Burrows line when they were young and fearless back in 2008ish.

lol cherry - 'Sutterson' name is lit.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:39 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:29 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:18 am I’m not a huge fan of the second line either, but if they play Sutter and Eriksson more on the PK and play Pettersson more on the PP and the whole line less 5 on 5 unless they really click, it might be sufficient. I think that third line would be great 5 on 5, just nasty, but not so much for specialty teams. Fourth line would be strictly a shutdown and PK line.

Just have to stick to my plan, sign Hughes and stay injury free and they are:

Definitely a playoff team

:mrgreen:
The dark horse for 2C is Dahlen/Pettersson sharing the middle. Or even if Lind comes to camp after a cycle of roids.

I still think Sutter gets moved before october
Nope Sutter is staying put this year, next year however his NTC becomes a MNTC where he submits a 15 team no trade list.

I'd 'Anisimov' Sutter, where Anisimov was put in between Panarin and Kane.

Sutter can be in-between the two hot shots Dahlen and Pettersson, and be the stable 200ft center taking the faceoffs and just give the puck to the two Swedish amigos.
Sutter does have a good shot, and I think he does a decent job of getting open, so if he’s able to take face offs and play the more 200ft game then defer to petterson in the offensive zone and get into open ice the line might be a decent 2nd line
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Why hasn't anyone taken Kole Lind?

Kole Lind practice highlights

Damn! Sniper. :mex:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

so, a couple of us were chatting in the office about Karlson, and how Ottawa wanted to get rid of Ryan's contract at the same time. In all honesty, we don't want Ryan right now ( no roster space), so 2 questions:

Can a team trade salary? (Could Ottawa trade us Karlson and 3 million of Ryan's Salary?)

Or, would the league approve a Karlson and Ryan trade for say (example) Tanev, Hutton and Gagne, then we trade Ryan back to Ottawa for like a 3rd and retain some of Ryan's salary?

I am pretty sure you can't add salary to a trade (example 1), but would the second option be approved by the league, or considered some kind of circumvention?

In this example (and it's an example for question purposes, not a proposal) in the end, we get Karlson, 3 million of Ryan's salary and a 3rd, they get Gagne, Tanev, and Hutton. Is that kind of transaction legal if it's a 2 step process?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

You can retain salary to a limit in percentage and number of contracts. I think up to 50% and 2 contracts, but I don’t want to look up the exact rule.
Ottawa could retain some of Ryan’s salary when he is traded.
I don’t think there is a rule against flipping him back and the Canucks retaining salary, but I wouldn’t do it for the salary cap circumvention that you mentioned. Just because Bettman and the owners don’t have a rule, doesn’t mean they couldn’t come up with one after the fact. They screwed Vancouver after the fact on the Luongo contract. I’m sure they would enjoy screwing the Canucks again if given half a chance.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:55 am Just because Bettman and the owners don’t have a rule, doesn’t mean they couldn’t come up with one after the fact. They screwed Vancouver after the fact on the Luongo contract. I’m sure they would enjoy screwing the Canucks again if given half a chance.
I am pinning some hope on the idea that they enjoyed screwing Gillis, but Jim "Good ol' Boy" Benning and Trevor "I ended the lockout" Linden would be exempt from such treatment.

I am even going so far as to hope that when the Luongo recapture comes up, these favoured sons will be told all is forgiven.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Wouldn’t bet on it. Aquilini is the owner. If Bettman liked him, we would have had a cup in 2011. He really likes Jacobs though.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

In case you are unaware of his dirty little secret, Bettman is a vampire that the Count on Sesame Street was designed after. He has been alive for hundreds of years. He fought against the Canadians in the war of 1812. He’s the guy who shot Isaac Brock at the battle of Queenston Heights and he killed Tecumseh at the battle of Moraviantown. He’s not a guy who will willingly do the Canucks a favour.

Oh, he also helped burned down York, but one good thing doesn’t make up for all the bad.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

I hear lots of talk about having EP in the line-up to start the year and some talk about Hughes, but there seems to be very little talk about the prospect of having Gaudette in the line up. Here we have the Hobey Baker winner who's a center who has a reputation/history for scoring goals (no small deal). So why not have Gaudette play along with EP on the second line along with Erickson? As much as I would really like to see them play together, i kinda doubt that Green will go for it, he appears to prefer a more established 2-way defensively responsible system, which isnt bad if youre trying to win games, but personally i would prefer him take some risks and support the creative potential that exists in the offensive development of the up-an-comers. Another piece that supports taking a risk like this is the fact that the canucks desperately need to find a way to generate offence. Having Sutter as the second line ctr is not going to cut it, and the new acquisitions are not goal scorers either, but Gaudette is. They owe it to EP to provide him with a an offensive 'gamer' like Gaudette!

If the hockey gods are willing, maybe we'll acquire some injuries that will necessitate Green putting Gaudette with EP. I heard that last year Green was set on sending Boeser down to the farm before an injury made it necessary to put him in the line-up - an the rest is history (it wasn't Green's preference). So im just hopeful that Gaudette can be the darkhorse next season that becomes the catalyst for a second line generating much needed goals. So what do u guys think, am i going too far out on a limb here? Worth a try?
cc oldtimer
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Gaudette had a so/so run last season offensively and until he can convert some of those moves hes got into goals he'll have to earn a spot like 2C.

Thats not a knock on the kid btw before you guys jump me its more that his tea is still too weak and need a few more minutes in the pot.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Green wanted to start Boeser in the minors?
fuck green
"evolution"