The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Lancer »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:20 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:07 pm Projects? So you know the endgame already?
If you know something about the grand Master Plan that explains how the players Benning drafted in 2018 are not part of the palette for the Masterpiece, but are just valuable trade assets to be flipped for something else as the plan comes to fruition, please share.
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:07 pm Woo at 6’-0 200 lbs is small? Yeah/k
Not small, just not significantly or imposingly big. Just a little bit smaller than an average NHL player in 2004.

https://hockey-graphs.com/2015/02/19/nh ... rief-look/

Certainly not big enough to bring the Canucks 2018 draft class up to the 2014 average.
Jocelyn Lemieux was 5’11” and 220 lbs back in the day and was one of the most feared hitters in his prime. Height isn’t everything.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:50 pm Well, well that’s the million dollar question where the game is going, am I the only in hockey earth that says the game is changing to a more high tempo, speed, skill, quick transitional game where there is no room for errors like consistently getting penalties from poor positional play, poor gap control having a poor stick, chasing hits, consistently being on the wrong side of the puck etc.
No your not the only one. Pretty much everyone that watched the playoffs this year would agree with you.

Skating RG,skating.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Do i detect some swagger in this kids interviews? QH that is...he has a pretty good chip on his shoulder and it might be nice to shake a bit of that wholesome image that has taken over the canucks of late
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:20 pm Tough day for Strangelove, I suppose. The management team he loves drafted a roster he hates that will only succeed in the kind of league he hates. I know he can handle a rebuild, but will this be too much ?
Not sure why you would say that, unless you're referring to my love of nasty players.

But even then, we got a nasty player in Mr Woo, so.... :eh:

I never said they all have to be assholes, you need skill guys as well.

This is why I was dancing all over this forum yesterday when we snagged Mr Hughes.

The assholes protect the skilled guys, and if a skill guy is also an asshole: Bonus.

VERY satisfied with the draft...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:48 pm It is a tough day for Strangelove. His gout is flared up again and his size six earth pads are swollen up like a balloon, just like his belly. This is what happens when you live on a diet of homemade beer, oysters and crayfish. Hopefully Ol’ Strands will roll out of the rack later today and give us some input on how the draft went for Vancouver
Actually I despise beer and seafood.

Also I have perfect hair, a 32-inch waistline, and no gout.

(shoe size = 11)

But other than that... solid roasting! :lol:

I good friend of mine had gout, he had to give up drinking and was put on an extremely restricted diet.

He got more and more miserable with each passing day, lost some limbs, eventually died.

I think if I were ever diagnosed with gout I would blow my brains out.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:42 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:39 pm Did you know that Blob once bragged about his “beer shelf”?

A beer shelf is when a big beer bellied red neck, 5’-11” 235 lbs like Blob sits down in his lawn chair and where his belly meets his rib cage a level shelf is formed by his belly
Hmmm ribs.

I’m hungry.
Salivating for the Blob again?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:53 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:48 pm It is a tough day for Strangelove. His gout is flared up again and his size six earth pads are swollen up like a balloon, just like his belly. This is what happens when you live on a diet of homemade beer, oysters and crayfish. Hopefully Ol’ Strands will roll out of the rack later today and give us some input on how the draft went for Vancouver
Actually I despise beer and seafood.

Also I have perfect hair, a 32-inch waistline, and no gout.

(shoe size = 11)

But other than that... solid roasting! :lol:

I good friend of mine had gout, he had to give up drinking and was put on an extremely restricted diet.

He got more and more miserable with each passing day, lost some limbs, eventually died.

I think if I were ever diagnosed with gout I would blow my brains out.
Lol

My uncle used to get it. It’s a sonofabitch. He couldn’t walk for days but he wasn’t a boozer. His body produced too much uric acid and he only had one kidney so his body couldn’t flush quickly enough. He did eat a ton of red meat though.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I do tend to get kidney stones though, but who knows what causes them...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:05 pm I do tend to get kidney stones though, but who knows what causes them...
I hear they are like pissing razor blades. I’m still a couple years shy of 50 but it scares the hell out of me - shit like kidney stones, gall stones etc. Lots of ailments already. Both knees and right shoulder are riddled with arthritis. Having Diverticulitis is no picnic either. Have to hammer the fibre or I can’t shit.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

For the kidney stones I keep lots of mega pain Mëds around the house.

Going to the hospital for something like that is fucking horrible!

In the old days, it wasn't so bad, the nurse would immediately hit you up with what you need.

Nowadays NO Mëds FOR YOU... until the doc can see you (hours sometimes).

The first time I got one I thought I was dying, I was literally rolling around on the floor in agony.

Now I recognize it immediately and like I say, I'm covered.

I get as high as Danny on New Years Eve!

Oh and Hot baths!

Gotta be super hot, but it helps a lot!

*looks around*

We may have strayed a tad off-topic here...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Well, this is a little closer to what I was looking for. (before the medical stuff)

Here at the largest concentration of Benning-Backers in cyberspace, I was hoping to read about how the Genius drafter, now in full mastery of his powers in his fourth NHL draft as the main man, had put together the greatest draft class in the history of the franchise -- if not the League.

Even after these latest few posts, things seem a tad tepid. Daniel Wagner of Pass it to Bulis, usually a Benning skeptic, actually sounded more pumped.

But I'll work with what we've got.

So, as of this draft, are all the pigments on the palette for the Masterpiece (not counting free agent acquisitions) ? Or will next year's Canucks draft picks still have roles to play in the Canucks first Stanley Cup ? Which, as of this amazing draft, will mostly like be in....what, 2020 ?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:36 pm Here at the largest concentration of Benning-Backers in cyberspace, I was hoping to read about how the Genius drafter, now in full mastery of his powers in his fourth NHL draft as the main man, had put together the greatest draft class in the history of the franchise -- if not the League.
He has very obviously done exactly that Cliffy, no point in stating the obvious to the oblivious...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:47 pm
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:36 pm Here at the largest concentration of Benning-Backers in cyberspace, I was hoping to read about how the Genius drafter, now in full mastery of his powers in his fourth NHL draft as the main man, had put together the greatest draft class in the history of the franchise -- if not the League.
He has very obviously done exactly that Cliffy, no point in stating the obvious to the oblivious...
How...how...as in, "this is exactly why Tyler Madden was better than every player still available at this point in the draft."

I figured at the very least you would want to be congratulating each other by reviewing the stellar qualities of each pick. Shouldn't the Canucks actually win the Cup first, before you become blase about it ?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:55 pm Shouldn't the Canucks actually win the Cup first, before you become blase about it ?
Yawn, if it's not obvious to you by now that this is inevitable I pity you...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:02 pm
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:55 pm Shouldn't the Canucks actually win the Cup first, before you become blase about it ?
Yawn, if it's not obvious to you by now that this is inevitable I pity you...
:lol:

Well, maybe take pity on the oblivious and at least tell me in what year they win the first one?