2018 NHL DRAFT - Who does JB take.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who will the Canucks draft first on Friday...

Poll ended at Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:57 am

Noah Dobson
33%
Evan Bouchard
18%
Quinn Hughes
10%
Oliver Whalstrom
10%
Brady Tchacuk
10%
Filip Zadina
5%
Ty Smith
No votes
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
No votes
Other
13%

Total votes: 39

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: 2018 NHL DRAFT - Who does JB take.

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think a lot of people didn’t vote for Hughes because they didn’t think he’d be available.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:39 pm I think a lot of people didn’t vote for Hughes because they didn’t think he’d be available.
I didn’t vote for him because of his size and some of the comments about his style of play. Don’t hate the just don’t like it.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:41 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:39 pm I think a lot of people didn’t vote for Hughes because they didn’t think he’d be available.
I didn’t vote for him because of his size and some of the comments about his style of play. Don’t hate the just don’t like it.
But you love the Lil trojan.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:44 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:41 pm
But you love the Lil trojan.
No, didn’t say that.

And Trojan was not selected 7th overall.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:12 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:17 pm I'd guess the canucks draft list is something like this:

dahlin
svechnikov
hughes
tkachuk
dobson
zadina
bouchard
wahlstrom
boqvist
smith
kotkaniemi
You may very well have been spot on with that list Skyo! :thumbs:
Takes a bow, thank you everyone, no autographs please.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Canucks at #37 tomorrow could pick one of these guys:

Big power forward 6'5 Serron Noel

Physical 2way center Ryan McLeod.

6'2 200lbs two-way right side dman Bode Wilde.

Hard working rightshot center Akil Thomas.

6'0 200lbs RD two-way Jett Woo.

6'4-218lbs physical LD Mattias Samuelsson.

6'1 LD physical two-way defenseman Jared McIssac
:thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lots of excellent prospects will be available at our 2nd pick. Awesome!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Half of the D-men selected in the 1st round are sub-6ft. Ranging from 168lbs to 184lbs.

Guys like Boqvist, Smith, Merkely are all about the same size as Hughes (as listed anyways).

Remember, our smallest D-men Biega & Stecher (tries to) play the biggest.

The biggest ones, Guddy & Bhutt are our worst. Nothing at all on offence and not very good defensively. Smiley Ben is also the softest and lowest IQ of the bunch... but hey, those analytics!

Just saying, Canuck fanz. Take a breath before you start crying all summer. The year hasn't begun yet ;)
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

Yes I think most thought Hughes would be gone and you could see the surprise at the Canucks table when Hayton got picked they got the d man they ranked 2nd overall at the 7th hole - SHOCKING.

It’s official the Canucks have drafted the highest skilled d in franchise history.

Amazing pick that took a bit of balls, kids skill and hockey mind and skating are over the top. Such a fantastic pick that hit in Canucks eyes BPA and Team need, that’s a home run pick, hats off to JB.

Damn Pettetson Hughes Boeser and Gaudette in front of the net on the PP
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:59 pm Canucks at #37 tomorrow could pick one of these guys:

Big power forward 6'5 Serron Noel

Physical 2way center Ryan McLeod.

6'2 200lbs two-way right side dman Bode Wilde.

Hard working rightshot center Akil Thomas.

6'0 200lbs RD two-way Jett Woo.

6'4-218lbs physical LD Mattias Samuelsson.

6'1 LD physical two-way defenseman Jared McIssac
:thumbs:
Jett fuckin Woo man. To woo in all the asians
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hank wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:06 pm Half of the D-men selected in the 1st round are sub-6ft. Ranging from 168lbs to 184lbs.

Guys like Boqvist, Smith, Merkely are all about the same size as Hughes (as listed anyways).

The biggest ones, Guddy & Bhutt are our worst. Nothing at all on offence and not very good defensively. Smiley Ben is also the softest and lowest IQ of the bunch... but hey, those analytics!

Just saying, Canuck fanz. Take a breath before you start crying all summer. The year hasn't begun yet ;)
Your right ! It'a already over !
I see a lot of folks spraying Lysol on the garbage.
But; Go ahead.
For me, it is a complete waste of a high first round pick an I refuse to sugar coat it.
Yuk.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:17 pm
Hank wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:06 pm Half of the D-men selected in the 1st round are sub-6ft. Ranging from 168lbs to 184lbs.

Your right ! It'a already over !
I see a lot of folks spraying Lysol on the garbage.
But; Go ahead.
For me, it is a complete waste of a high first round pick an I refuse to sugar coat it.
Yuk.
You can add slow developing beef after the first round.

High game IQ and natural talent cannot be developed the way physical strength, speed, and method, can be coached over a period of a few years.

You have to chance that high end talent and smarts with smaller physique can be built up.

Besides, who should they have taken at 7 that is more of a lock to be a top pairing NHL defenseman than Hughes? Dobson, Bouchard, or Boqvist?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Micky i was down on this kids size bad but watch some video man. There are very very few 17 yr olds who can control a game like this kid can. Hes not just a good skater, hes going to be one of the best skaters in the league. He runs a powerplay and distributes pucks like chris letang. There are comparisons to Bobby Orrs wheels as well.
I predict he makes the team in 3 months and makes some noise as a rookie...instead of adding a future top 4 guy they added a future superstar dman.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doc said Gudbranson is a top 4 d man
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:52 am Micky i was down on this kids size bad but watch some video man. There are very very few 17 yr olds who can control a game like this kid can. Hes not just a good skater, hes going to be one of the best skaters in the league. He runs a powerplay and distributes pucks like chris letang. There are comparisons to Bobby Orrs wheels as well.
I predict he makes the team in 3 months and makes some noise as a rookie...instead of adding a future top 4 guy they added a future superstar dman.
I thought it was gonna be Dobson, mainly cause i figured Detroit would take Hughes. Hughes is a great pick, while Dobson and Bouchard looked good playing against kids, Hughes has dominated NCAA (pretty much a men’s league). He’s got the ability to be a number 1 guy, smart active and long stick, and can pivot and move like few others in the league.