Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Petterson has played very little centre the past two seasons. When had Dahlen played there? MacEwan played the wing in Utica.

I was talking prospects. Gaunce will turn 25 next year.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

Lancer wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:16 pm Can we stop with the Karlsson trade ideas? Given the state of the team, this is the last kind of deal Benning should make. The net benefit he would provide considering what Benning would have to give up would possibly get the team to the playoffs, but he wouldn’t make them a contender. By the time the team gets to that point, he’ll be in the same phase of his career as the Sedins the last couple of years. In the meantime, those playoff appearances will guarantee that Benning is picking in the bottom half of any draft round - not really conducive to building contenders.

A Karlsson trade would be more suitable for a team like Toronto, Winnipeg, or even Las Vegas (if they think this year wasn’t a fluke) - teams that feel they need that one big piece to push them over the top and have the assets to part with or feel it’s worth it to mortgage the future to contend for the next three years a-la Gillis.

Vancouver is nowhere close to that neighborhood. Better to engineer a trade for a younger defenseman with less established value but whom management is betting will reach a higher ceiling in a new organization. Maybe somebody like Dumba or Ristolainen. That said, I would hope that management would have scouted the snot out of them to get a good read on just what they’re getting because even then they wouldn’t come cheap.

Wonder if Winnipeg gets into a situation where they don’t have cap room for Trouba? Another possible target.
Agreend. Karlsson would rob us of our youth and prospects. idiotic idea.

Also, why the fuck would we want to deal Loui for Humpback Lucic?! Loui can still be useful even if he drastically overpaid. WTF can Lucic do?! Fight middleweights and middleweights +?! Whoopee! Move on. Sign Reaves and send Archi back to Utica.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:28 pm Petterson has played very little centre the past two seasons.
Everyone and his dog is projecting Pettersson to eventually be a top-6 NHL centre, don't play dumb...
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:28 pm When had Dahlen played there?
Okay you caught me, I was reaching by tacking Dahlen in at the end there.

It's been 3 years since he was a full-time centre.

But hey, I said "possibly" one day... and anything is possible. :)
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:28 pm MacEwan played the wing in Utica.
Yes well he's still a natural centre and he qualifies as a centre prospect for your Vancouver Canucks.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:28 pm I was talking prospects. Gaunce will turn 25 next year.
Wut da foick? :crazy: The kid just turned 24! :lol:

He and/or MacEwan could easily become 4th line centres at some point in the future.

(oh and I forgot about Cassels, still a possibility for dat dere)

Anyway, top 3 centres for the next decade+ are Petterson, Horvat, Gaudette, I don't see a problem/need here...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

We don’t know what position Petterson will end up playing. We hope Gaudette turns into a player. It’s not as razor thin as defence but it isn’t an organization strong point
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:36 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:10 am Lucic for Eriksson! Bad deal for bad deal...

Why not...
That is like so exactly right, LOL
Tiger would like it though ;)
No way would I like it ! Erickson is a top defensive forward with the ability to score a few goals . Lucic has turned out to be not that good. ( by the way Tiger Williams was not only a fighter but a good checker and also the top goalscorer in 83 )
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Loui has been far from elite at anything in canucks colors Tiger. Hes pretty well the worst contract in the NHL right now....along with Lucic.

When your team is looking at adding a 160lb kid to the top line you better have an answer for teams that will exploit that weakness. Loui isnt going to be that answer and having him hanging his muppet head on the bench after doing perimeter fly-bys every shift is actually going to hurt the kids development.
If you need air...call it in
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:35 am Loui has been far from elite at anything in canucks colors Tiger. Hes pretty well the worst contract in the NHL right now....along with Lucic.

When your team is looking at adding a 160lb kid to the top line you better have an answer for teams that will exploit that weakness. Loui isnt going to be that answer and having him hanging his muppet head on the bench after doing perimeter fly-bys every shift is actually going to hurt the kids development.
You're absolutely delusional if you think Loui has the worst contract. It certainly does suck but it's not the worst. Loui is still an effective defensive forward and can skate. He may rebound a bit on a better team in the scoring area too. Hopefully he gets moved this summer.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

https://thehockeywriters.com/worst-nhl-contracts-2018/
Well hes definitely our worst contract and is right there with all the other shitty contracts so its a bit of a stretch to call it delusional.
Where is all this love for LE coming from? Hes been a total failure in his time in van...what the hell has he done to deserve this much respect?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:22 am https://thehockeywriters.com/worst-nhl-contracts-2018/
Well hes definitely our worst contract and is right there with all the other shitty contracts so its a bit of a stretch to call it delusional.
Where is all this love for LE coming from? Hes been a total failure in his time in van...what the hell has he done to deserve this much respect?
Because he plays well on the PK.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

LE registered 7 hits. All fuckin season.

All fucking season!

Hes been fan-fuckin-tastic. The bar really has been set low in vancouver when we defend a guy with zero game winning goals and 7 hits all season
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:43 am LE registered 7 hits. All fuckin season.

All fucking season!

Hes been fan-fuckin-tastic. The bar really has been set low in vancouver when we defend a guy with zero game winning goals and 7 hits all season
Could not agree more! I mean this guy really has virtually no excuse, none.
http://www.espn.com/nhl/player/stats/_/ ... i-eriksson
Look at the shooting percentage. What? Did he just forget how?
Game winners are just fu--ing impressive too.
I'll say one thing though. makes sure he takes all the time he needs for those nasty boo-boos, ya. {insert puking smiley}
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Number like that tell me the guy is milking cheques out of the eye-ties and loving his summers off
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:28 pm Petterson has played very little centre the past two seasons. When had Dahlen played there? MacEwan played the wing in Utica.

This team doesn't make the playoffs if Gaunce is on it.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:29 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:28 pm Petterson has played very little centre the past two seasons. When had Dahlen played there? MacEwan played the wing in Utica.

This team doesn't make the playoffs if Gaunce is on it.
I think the problems for this team run a lot deeper than who is the 12th/13th forward. Like is there an actual 2nd line? Is Elmer going to add a couple of top 4 d men? This team constructed as is, is a garbage fire. It has a few nice young pieces at forward but gaping holes throughout the system. Pinning the playoffs on Brendan Gaunce’s role on the team seems a bit disingenuous
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:29 am This team doesn't make the playoffs if Gaunce is on it.
____
Try to focus on someday.