The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:12 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:24 am olpaddy drops the mic and walks off the stage.

RD once again left with whatever on his face.....
Why are you always picking on people...
Gone to long without any Dori action.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:05 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:43 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:39 pm
Topper wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:55 am
SKYO wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:24 pm Image
interesting, Bouchard scores from where he takes most of his shots, Dobson does not except for one side of the point.
...and it looks like he isnt afraid to pinch down and bang in loose pucks. This prospect looks damn good to a fan who's team is desperate for emerging talent on the D
Soft and slow - the next Jason Garrison. With his mollases skating coaches in the NHL won’t allow him anywhere near the opposing crease. Not fast enough to recover - way to slow

Time to drop bombs on em...

"Evan Bouchard vs Noah Dobson 30m with puck.
Stats collected from the Top Prospect On-ice testing. Dobson was 3rd in this category behind Liam Foudy (2nd) and Ty Smith (1st). Only 0.02 second were separating the first three.
-Andy Lehoux "

Bouchard skating isn't a concern bruh, power skating drills will only improve him, he's a workhorse, probably a top pairing guy within a few years.
Craig Button when asked “who would you compare Bouchard to in the NHL?” He said, after thinking awhile - “Larry Murphy”. My response to that was, like a lot of Leaf fans - “ew, I couldn’t stand Larry Murphy”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Dude, please answer my questions at the top of the page.

You're my number one draft guru good buddy! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Strangelove wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:17 pm If Tkachuk falls to us we take him right?

If it ends up a choice between Hughes and Wahlstrom, which do you prefer?

I'm interested in what some of you think.
If Tkachuk falls to Benning at #7, it becomes a question of Tkachuk vs Wahlstrom. Who has the higher ceiling? Problem with Tkachuk is we look at him and see his brother's development arc, and he may follow an arc like Virtanen's - slow but still promising. If Benning and Linden are comfortable in the size in their forward pipeline with Virtanen and Gadjovich, I'd say they go with Wahlstrom. The kid just has one hell of a shot and I think his ceiling is just as high if not higher than Tkachuk's.

As for Wahlstrom vs Dobson... oy. I think Wahlstrom's offence will translate to the NHL better than Dobson's but potential top-4 D don't grow on trees. Coin flip but I'd give the edge to Dobson just because of positional need.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

olpaddy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:11 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:38 am He played on a very offensive London team and is a below average skater and plays with no edge to his game. His stats flatter him. Dobson whose stats are not far off from Bouchards will be a better NHL’er because he plays a modern NHL game, is grittier and an excellent skater.
The London Knights team in which u speak of as an offensive Juggernaut, the one in the same I have season tickets unless there is a different London Knights franchise out west was not as offensive this season as you think ... Militec,Jones,Pu all played less than 40 games and were moved....U are selling this kid short just like u sold Mathew Tkachuk short and Mitch Marner short...Never underestimate a kid coming out of that program kinda amazed u always do...
Exactly, London sold their 'vets' for picks & just kept Bouchard - assuming he'd stick around at least one more year with London, anyways Bouchard just kept piling up the points on a weaker team. He was named captain after the vets left and was given and handled crazy minutes.
RoyalDude wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:35 pm Craig Button when asked “who would you compare Bouchard to in the NHL?” He said, after thinking awhile - “Larry Murphy”. My response to that was, like a lot of Leaf fans - “ew, I couldn’t stand Larry Murphy”
Leaf fans, the team with the horrendous defense? That got owned once again in the playoffs?

Meanwhile hall of famer Larry Murphy's laughing with his 4 Stanley Cup rings.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:26 pm
Meanwhile hall of famer Larry Murphy's laughing with his 4 Stanley Cup rings.
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Whatever happens we cant have Benning draft Hughes. That would be a catastrophic failure
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:26 pm Whatever happens we cant have Benning draft Hughes. That would be a catastrophic failure
Jesus yudel that’s like predicting a shutout... stop it now!
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

rats19 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:49 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:26 pm Whatever happens we cant have Benning draft Hughes. That would be a catastrophic failure
Jesus yudel that’s like predicting a shutout... stop it now!
Come on Ratster wasting a 7OA on a 5'6" dman would be a fuck up of magnanimous proportions. You burn 3rd rounders on the shrimps.

Imagine a defenseman the same size of JOHNNY_HOCKEY???
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Brothers 7

Bernie Pascal
Dennis Kearns
Ian Turnbull
Elliot Carlin from the Bob Newhart show
Tony Parsons
Larry Murphy
Evan Bouchard
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Puck wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:24 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:08 pm
Interesting info about Juolevi. Why is his fitness being questioned?
Just a guess here, but the British use the term fit in a more literal sense than we do in North America. Since Europeans often learn British English, the quote may be a misleading translation of the concept. Fit is used to describe game-readiness. Questioning Juolevi's fitness might simply mean he's slightly injured, and "not fit to play", not a general comment on his conditioning.

One can hope, anyway...
Lol grasping for straws here! I love your optimism!

The British definitely use fit in more situations, true, but by far most often used as an equivalent to our "hot", as in "she's fucking fit!!!" I guess it's possible.... Juolevi is a bit of an odd looking dude I guess! :lol:
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:18 am Nobody clears the crease anymore. This isn’t 1984 with Harold Snepsts cross checking a guy in the numbers

It's evident you're not watching the playoffs. ?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:45 pm Dude, please answer my questions at the top of the page.

Yes to Tkachuk

Yes to Wahlstrom

RDs May Rankings

1. Dahlin
2. Tkachuk
3. Svechnikov
4. Dobson
5. Zadina
6. Kotnienemi
7. Wahlstrom
8. Boqvist
9. Hughes
10. Veleno
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tiger wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:19 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:18 am Nobody clears the crease anymore. This isn’t 1984 with Harold Snepsts cross checking a guy in the numbers

It's evident you're not watching the playoffs. ?
Never mind Bub, he’s been hitting the Sterno down by the railroad tracks under the coast meridian overpass
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:27 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:45 pm Dude, please answer my questions at the top of the page.

Yes to Tkachuk

Yes to Wahlstrom
Thanks Dude, I get a Strange feeling we're going to end up with one of Wahlstrom/Tkachuk

... then take a dman with our next pick.
____
Try to focus on someday.