Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Linden Vey?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Fuck it I'm throwing $8Mx7 at Carlson, July 1st.

So it'll make it easier dealing Tanev, along with Baertschi for Ritchie + 1st, or Hyman + 1st something like that, so the team acquires a bigger gritty LW to play with Horvat+Boeser and acquires another 1st rounder.

If the team can't win the lotto, the team simply acquires more picks, yes I know Benning has a hard time dealing players for draft picks, but maybe one day he can do that.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Clearly NYR don't do full rebuilds.
John Shannon

Interesting that NYR GM Jeff Gorton confirmed tonight that he had been in contact with Ilya Kovalchuk’s agent Jay Grossman.
Kovalchuk is a UFA and has expressed interest in returning to the NHL.
Their current defense:
Skjei-Shattenkirk
Staal-Kampfer
O'Gara-Pionk

In my humble opinion, if they want a quick retool they could use a stabilizing dman like Tanev beside Skjei
Skjei-Tanev
Staal-Shattenkirk
O'Gara-Pionk

Putting Shatter in his preferred 2nd pairing spot.

They have 3 1st rounders this draft thanks to the Nash and McDonagh trades and some decent prospects like Sean Day, Hájek, Ronning, Lias Andersson, Howden, Chytil.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Carlson has zero interest in playing here.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:03 pm Carlson has zero interest in playing here.
If that's the case and without being able to draft Dahlin and likely Boqvist, I'd go hard at one of the available top-tier Norris trophy caliber dmen that could possibly be available via trade.

Looking over the cost at trading for a top dog dman - here's an awesome read. \/ as to why, how, cost and result of trading for an elite dman.

>> https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/goe ... an-traded/ << :thumbs:

These guys usually get dealt when there is a contract dispute or a team can't afford a potential UFA contract re-sign, even mentions age and how even if it's supposed to be past their prime years, they usually can play elite for multiple years after.

Taking in that info, I think I'd be inclined to go after Karlsson and use the Aquabro's money to re-sign him to big dollars for eight more years.

2006 - Pronger dealt for rookie Joffrey Lupul (28g-25a that season), Ladislav Smid (9th oa pick, still in AHL), two firsts and a second.

Seeing as I don't see Karlsson like Pronger who can dominate and take over a game/series easily, while Karlsson is more mr score a shitload but not defend as well, the cost for EK could be something like Boeser, Juolevi & two 1st rounders. :shock:

But that's the cost to be the boss, team could trade Tanev for multiple picks still to help ease that loss.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carlson wants nothing to do with Canada
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I digress on Carlson, but money talks!

Anyways back to Karlsson, Sens fans saying if you take Ryan as well as Karlsson the cost to acquire EK would go down a notch. :mex: So Boeser, Juolevi, Baertschi, 1st for Ryan+Karlsson?

Throw Pettersson to the wolves, sink or swim boy styles and toss him in center position #2C.

Ryan- Horvat - Vanek?
Dahlen - Pettersson - Eriksson
Goldy - Gaudette - Virtanen
Leipsic - Sutter - Gagner

Edler - Karlsson
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:25 pm I digress on Carlson, but money talks!

Anyways back to Karlsson, Sens fans saying if you take Ryan as well as Karlsson the cost to acquire EK would go down a notch. :mex: So Boeser, Juolevi, Baertschi, 1st for Ryan+Karlsson?

Throw Pettersson to the wolves, sink or swim boy styles and toss him in center position #2C.

Ryan- Horvat - Vanek?
Dahlen - Pettersson - Eriksson
Goldy - Gaudette - Virtanen
Leipsic - Sutter - Gagner

Edler - Karlsson
Whaddya got in that peace pipe, SKYO?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

SKYO wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:25 pm I digress on Carlson, but money talks!

If it takes a package like that to get Karlsson then hell no. That'll screw us for years!

Karlsson doesn't even have a contract past next season.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:59 pm Linden Vey?
Blob's taking a page from the Jim Benning playbook and doing a stealth-troll.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

haha hey if you want a 27/28 year old Paul Coffey like player, ya got pay to play, and A18 the aquabros can easily re-sign him to an 8 year extension, assuming mgmt can speak to his agent prior to trade.

Tanking is not working well here, and these types of dmen rarely get dealt, also hard to draft these types of dmen as for every mid 1st Karlsson pick there's are hundreds of Forbort's, Ceci, Alex Plante's etc.

Also imagine all Swede powerplay unit of

Dahlen-Pettersson-Eriksson

Edler-Karlsson?

Could be the top powerplay unit for many years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I don’t give up boeser for nobody.....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

SKYO wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:57 pm haha hey if you want a 27/28 year old Paul Coffey like player, ya got pay to play, and A18 the aquabros can easily re-sign him to an 8 year extension, assuming mgmt can speak to his agent prior to trade.

Tanking is not working well here, and these types of dmen rarely get dealt, also hard to draft these types of dmen as for every mid 1st Karlsson pick there's are hundreds of Forbort's, Ceci, Alex Plante's etc.

Edler-Karlsson?

There needs to be conditional picks based on him resigning.

And we're taking on Ryan's contract, that's worth something more right there. That's if we aren't on his No Trade list. With the Swedish influence here you'd think we may not be on Karlsson's list, so that's good.

I'm not disagreeing that you need to pay in order to get Karlsson but if that's the package it takes I don't know if I'd go through with it. But I guess any less and OTT doesn't make the deal either.

Moving Karlsson they'd probably really like a RD back, which is where Tanev may fit in well. And his value is definitely higher than Juolevi's. If we could avoid sending Bo, Boeser or Pettersson that's what I'd prefer.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:10 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:57 pm haha hey if you want a 27/28 year old Paul Coffey like player, ya got pay to play, and A18 the aquabros can easily re-sign him to an 8 year extension, assuming mgmt can speak to his agent prior to trade.

Edler-Karlsson?

There needs to be conditional picks based on him resigning.

And we're taking on Ryan's contract, that's worth something more right there. That's if we aren't on his No Trade list. With the Swedish influence here you'd think we may not be on Karlsson's list, so that's good.

I'm not disagreeing that you need to pay in order to get Karlsson but if that's the package it takes I don't know if I'd go through with it. But I guess any less and OTT doesn't make the deal either.

Moving Karlsson they'd probably really like a RD back, which is where Tanev may fit in well. And his value is definitely higher than Juolevi's. If we could avoid sending Bo, Boeser or Pettersson that's what I'd prefer.
Yeah too true about Ryan, not many teams can ill afford to take on Ryan and Karlsson contracts plus have the assets to move for them.

Taking Ryan's contract, we may be able to keep Boeser by swapping in Gaudette and Tanev in place of Boeser.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

What would they want for Ryan + 4th overall pick? Could the Canucks pull it off and keep their 7th?