Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by mr perfect »

Update on the forgotten 1st rounder, Olli Juolevi. First series that OJ's team is playing is TPS (2nd place) vs SaiPa (7th place). TPS leads series 3-1. OJ scored TPS's first goal in the series which was a 4-3 OT win for his team. Juolevi was also a +2 and logged 27 minutes in the game. Second game he didn't score and was a -1 in a TPS 6-5 win. Game three was a 7-0 wipeout of SaiPa with Juolevi getting a PP goal. Today SaiPa won 3-1. OJ didn't get any points but was a +1 and played 21:17 of ice time. He was third in overall time on the ice for TPS with one D-man playing 21:18 and the most ice time for D-man Henrik Tallinder playing 21:34. So in four playoff games he's 2 goals 0 assists 2 points and a +2.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Topper wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:40 am Lipstick has shown why he has yet to earn a steady NHL role. The first couple of game we a mirage.

Expect wild level of competition at the rookie camp and early on at training camp, but also expect cuts to be fast and furious. The abundance of kids and tweeners will make things interesting. Several of the tweeners are at the put up or shut up stage.
In the brief time I have watched Leipsic play for the Canucks, he appears to have the same affliction that Bobby Lalonde, Gary Lupul, Brian Bradley and Brandon Reid had: On every play they think they can take the puck and go coast to coast with it. These players were able to do it in minor hockey, in juniors and in the minors. In NHL history though, there has only been one player who could do that and his name was Robert Gordon Orr and even he passed the puck to his teammates more than the other five players I mentioned. Leipsic is now with his fourth NHL team in four pro seasons and wasn't one of the players that made the jump from the 2015-2016 Marlies to the 2016-2017 leaves. Justin Bourne commented on twitter that in the minors Leipsic either made great offensive plays or great giveaways. I hope I'm wrong but Leipsic comes across as one dimensional and a puck hog who won't give and go, utilizing teammates by passing the puck. We'll soon see.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

mr perfect wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:09 pm I hope I'm wrong but Leipsic comes across as one dimensional and a puck hog who won't give and go, utilizing teammates by passing the puck. We'll soon see.
I dunno, I like his passing ability. I thought [mod edit: Toad, we don't want vulgar names for our players, final warning] showed very good play-making ability for a winger, but I think I'd say Lipstick is better. He sees the ice well and serves up some nice dishes.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

[mod edit: Toad, we don't want vulgar names for our players, final warning]
Who's this?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lipstick is another dinky little forward on a team of dinky little forwards
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Gaudette's cap is $925,000 per, same as Boeser. Of course all the rookie bonuses would be available to him as well.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I don't think people realize how competitive Gaudette is, he's an in your face, cocky, gritty player, this city will love that about him. Jimbro has been quietly drafting those types of late, Lind plays with a similar edge to Gaudette. Lockwood if he can just ease off the pedal a little is a firecracker hitter like Mike Peca was. Gadjovich will drop the mitts and muck it up and isn't afraid of playing a hard game. Also, Pettersson is a very confident, cocky kid, it's real nice to see that element coming up in the system. Just need to get Trymynapkin back and keep on keeping on with the drafting of more assholes.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:08 pm
[mod edit: Toad, we don't want vulgar names for our players, final warning]
Who's this?
[it's a mod - and if a mod asks tells you stop something, it's usually best that you stop. You were giving some not subtle clues not to use this name (and versions of), yet you wanted to test us.]
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Sounds like the right direction hey dude
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hasn't Benning been talking about character since he got here? I hope that with the glut of character players, we have a hard time handing out the C and A when it comes time.

Everyone's been annointing Horvat, so does he get just due to age? Or does another placeholder vet get it?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:11 pm Hasn't Benning been talking about character since he got here? I hope that with the glut of character players, we have a hard time handing out the C and A when it comes time.

Everyone's been annointing Horvat, so does he get just due to age? Or does another placeholder vet get it?
watch he gives it to Sam Gagner or Del Zotto lol

if that happens i think a riot is on
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:11 pm Hasn't Benning been talking about character since he got here? I hope that with the glut of character players, we have a hard time handing out the C and A when it comes time.

I could see a groundswell of support on this board for Brandon Sutter or Erik Gudbranson
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

So the Hockey_Gaud gets #88.

Not going to see a Russian Bear back anytime soon?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gaudette will get his #8 back when we trade Mr. Glass - Tanev :shock:

Gaudette is just temporarily holding it for Trymynapkin
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:56 pm
[it's a mod - and if a mod asks tells you stop something, it's usually best that you stop. You were giving some not subtle clues not to use this name (and versions of), yet you wanted to test us.]
Why not just send a guy a PM? And why be rude with unclear subtle clues? If u think something is inappropriate just clearly send a guy a private msg and politely ask him to plz stop. I think the direct approach is much more appropriate and clear. If u have an issue with a guy, tell him straight up to his face. Don't hide behind a computer where the guy has no idea who it is. Be a man about it.

And what's wrong with the Golden-Show**? He's going to shower your Vancouver Canucks with goals. Let it rain baby! :D
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.