February/March/April OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: February OOTS

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:16 pm
I liked Miller trying to slowly get off the ice so another Duck could sneak on and even up the bodies. Ref was having none of that!
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jesus that isn’t much of a brawl... in the old days the benches would clear and there would be a good old fashioned dustup and a half dozen scraps. Remember as a kid seeing the Canucks and Flyers going at it . Fraser and Behn Wilson fighting, Delorme and I think Cochrane and Williams , Snepsts and Smyl in the middle of it all. Glen Hanlon put a beating on the Flyers goalie I think Phil Myre if I recall correctly
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Germany !?

Well that’s it for team Canuck in Seoul ...

Germany !?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:41 am Germany !?

Well that’s it for team Canuck in Seoul ...

Germany !?
Wrong thread. It's over here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11232&start=60#p298869
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

On the bright side the Oilers and Habs finally passed the Canucks in the standings & the Sens if they win tomorrow vs Philly(lol) they could pass 604 as well.

All gravy if you part of teamtank, what all the great dynasties have done in American NHL history, well notably Penguins and Blackhawks.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

With the season all but done there are only a few things worth cheering for.

1) Brock getting points
2) Brock winning rookie of the year
3) Gaudette turning pro
4) Gaudette looking good in a Canuck uniform
5) Petersson racking up points
6) Dahlen racking up points
7) A GOOD DRAFT POSITION AND WINNING THE LOTTERY
8) The KHL exploding :mrgreen:
9) A productive TDD
10) A more productive off season in moving out the remaining vets/players wth any trade value, except the ones we want to keep of course.
The only HW the Canucks need
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:08 am With the season all but done there are only a few things worth cheering for.

1) Brock getting points
Mmmm the Calder is out of reach at this point. I thought Boeser had a more impressive first half but it was always going to be an uphill battle with the eastern bias. Since then though, Barzal has completely run away with it. What is he up now 15 points with 20 games left to play? Even if barzal got injured and Boeser went on an absolute tear, I still don't think it would be enough. It's a shame because Boeser has had a great year but I just don't see the Calder as a possibility anymore.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

rockalt wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:49 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:08 am With the season all but done there are only a few things worth cheering for.

1) Brock getting points
Mmmm the Calder is out of reach at this point. I thought Boeser had a more impressive first half but it was always going to be an uphill battle with the eastern bias. Since then though, Barzal has completely run away with it. What is he up now 15 points with 20 games left to play? Even if barzal got injured and Boeser went on an absolute tear, I still don't think it would be enough. It's a shame because Boeser has had a great year but I just don't see the Calder as a possibility anymore.
Have to agree with you there, although Boeser is far more important to the Canucks than Barzal is to NYI, the point spread is just too much at this stage.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Calgary back in the final Wild Card spot with a win today, but LA has two games in hand. Treliving must sweating bullets with that Hamonic trade in the back of his mind. Garth Snow is licking his chops.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

leaves and Bruins is a great game. leaves just tied it up. Marner the bum with his third point of the night. Forget what good hockey looks like
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:47 pm leaves and Bruins is a great game. leaves just tied it up. Marner the bum with his third point of the night. Forget what good hockey looks like
Marner 51 pts on the season if he played here some posters around here might be fawning all over themselves re ranking their drafts not mentioning any names cause were all friends here 8-) Hell Blob u can count the Canucks on one finger that have 51pts on the season, according to some thats quite the accomplishment considering that player was compared to Dan Woodley... 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

olpaddy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:17 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:47 pm leaves and Bruins is a great game. leaves just tied it up. Marner the bum with his third point of the night. Forget what good hockey looks like
Marner 51 pts on the season if he played here some posters around here might be fawning all over themselves re ranking their drafts not mentioning any names cause were all friends here 8-) Hell Blob u can count the Canucks on one finger that have 51pts on the season, according to some thats quite the accomplishment considering that player was compared to Dan Woodley... 8-)
Are you still picking Marner ahead of Boeser, Barzal?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:33 pm
olpaddy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:17 pm
Are you still picking Marner ahead of Boeser, Barzal?
Do not put words in my mouth I have Never said that get it right The point I made and continue to make goes a little somthin like this when u kept going on and fucking on about Marner wasnt a good player I didn't get u shitting over a player who scored 61 pts in his rookie season... Now I will be more than happy to bring up or re POST the post in question if u need a reminder...