The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Carl Yagro »

It is a bit crazy how the Oil can still manage this with a generational player. The odds of them being lower in the final standings and picking higher than us seem pretty good. Another generational talent? Fuck me.

Hockey Gods, what have we ever done to deserve this? (asides from the riot)

And here people are crying about 3 straight bottom-3 seasons and overpaying for free-agents that can't possibly live up to their contracts. That's the fucking secret sauce, folks!
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:39 am It's simply a marvel that the Oilers are in the running for their 5th 1st overall draft pick in the last 8 drafts. In those 8 years there was also a 3rd overall pick and a 7th overall pick. Just disgusting. The league needs to use all its might to stop the Coil from walking out of this draft with a Dahlin, Tkachuk, Svechnikov or a Zadina
You forgot the 4th overall in 2016.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

vic wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:17 am
RoyalDude wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:39 am It's simply a marvel that the Oilers are in the running for their 5th 1st overall draft pick in the last 8 drafts. In those 8 years there was also a 3rd overall pick and a 7th overall pick. Just disgusting. The league needs to use all its might to stop the Coil from walking out of this draft with a Dahlin, Tkachuk, Svechnikov or a Zadina
You forgot the 4th overall in 2016.
LOL, forgot Puljiarvi! They have had so many top lottery picks in the last 9 years it's easy to leave some out
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hall - 1st overall - 2010
RNH - 1st overall - 2011
Yakupov - 1st overall - 2012
Nurse - 7th overall - 2013
Draisaitl - 3rd overall - 2014
McDavid - 1st overall - 2015
Puljiarvi - 4th overall - 2016
Yamamoto - 22nd overall
2018 Draft - currently tied for 4th worst record in the league

And don't forget about the rebuild prior to Hall! Gagner, Cogliano, Pajiaarvi, Eberle
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Darnell Nurse was 7th overall.

But that doesn't change your argument.

EDIT: looks like you've updated it
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:30 am Darnell Nurse was 7th overall.

But that doesn't change your argument.

EDIT: looks like you've updated it
How bad are the Oilers had they not won the McDavid lottery, moving up 3 spots to draft him? Imagine if they drafted Strome instead? McJesus isnt even enough to save that sorry ass team

However, really glad Chiarelli traded Barzal and Beauvellier for Reinhart. A McDavid Barzal combo centres on the first two lines would' have been insanely good for that team
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Oiler fans are fucking choked right now, they want everyone gone except McDavid.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:53 am Oiler fans are fucking choked right now, they want everyone gone except McDavid.
Milan the Pastry Chef Lucic and his delicious Turnovers ain't going anywhere.

How's Ryan Strome
How's Kris Russell
How's Puljiarvi
How's Talbot
How's Larsson
What they get for Yakupov?
How's Reinhart?
Where's Schultz? Where's Davidson?

Chiarelli - genius!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Athletic is talking about moving Draisaitl to improve the chances of the Oilers contending asap.
Could trading Leon Draisaitl move the #Oilers closer to a Stanley Cup?

https://theathletic.com/237771/2018/02/ ... anley-cup/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Almost as good as if the Flames sucked this bad. :D :lol:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:48 pm Almost as good as if the Flames sucked this bad. :D :lol:
The Flames sold the farm for Hamonic and Hamilton. They better be better.

Speaking of the Flames, Virtanen is now tied in goals with fellow draft class mate (4th overall pick) - Sam Bennett.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:48 pm Almost as good as if the Flames sucked this bad. :D :lol:
Nah, I prefer the flames juuuust missing the playoffs than being a lottery team :sly:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:21 pm
Nah, I prefer the flames juuuust missing the playoffs than being a lottery team :sly:
Islanders hold Calgary's 1st this year (and their 2nd) from the Hamonic trade.

:D :thumbs: :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:09 pm
Islanders hold Calgary's 1st this year (and their 2nd) from the Hamonic trade.

:D :thumbs: :D

Beautiful, Doc. Beautiful! They also own Calgarys 2nd from the same trade in either the 2019 or 2020 draft. This after giving up the 15th overall pick in a crazy strong draft class - 2015, plus two 2nd round picks in the same class for Dougy Hamilton.

It would be sweet to see that 1st given up for Hamonic being a lottery pick
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

True. If the Flames end up a few points out of a playoff spot, the doors will be open for some truly stupid, long term decisions!!

I am comfortable with this :)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.