The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Bennett still worthy of being drafted in the top 10?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:11 pm Is Bennett still worthy of being drafted in the top 10?
It’s hard to say, probably not if you look at the whole draft but I think he will be a pretty good player. A question for you : is Virtanen still a 1st rounder in that draft if you look at all 7 rounds. I think that’s debatable and if he is he is at the very bottom.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Never mind Point, Demko and Tryamkin. Are you picking Bennett ahead of the 10 below in a redraft?

Ekblad
Nylander
Ehlers
Pastrnak
Fabbri
Fiala - 14 goals 18 assists
Kempe - 15 goals 10 assists
Perlini - 14 goals 6 assists
Larkin - 8 goals 30 assists
Schmaltz - 15 goals 23 assists
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Are you still picking Ritchie and his 4 goals instead of Virtanen. Remember, you wanted Ritchie instead of Virtanen
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ekblad went first overall. I like the guys you posted and in a re draft Id probably take all of them ahead of Bennett except for Perlini. He has great tools but I’m not sure how much desire he has.

I did a quick scan of 2014 and there’s 27 guys I’d easily take over the Fake in a re draft, could be more
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:24 pm Are you still picking Ritchie and his 4 goals instead of Virtanen. Remember, you wanted Ritchie instead of Virtanen
Yes. He’s been a disappointment as well but he’s scoring at about a 27-28 point pace in the NHL. Hardly great but almost twice as high as the Fake and he is a far more physical player than the Fake. I’d also take Haydn Fleury over him in hindsight as well.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Still don't know what your fascination is for Bennett. I've watched him enough now, there's something missing. He tries, but he just isn't the dynamic player he was anticipated to be. He's not top 6 skill set that's for sure. There is now talk of the Flames shopping him

Jake is what he is, he just doesn't process the game very well. Hockey IQ will always be his problem. He's gonna have to play a simple north south game, be more physical, use his speed, and keep his typical brain farts to a minimum if he wants eke out an OK bottom 6 career. Just hoping he can become a Janik Hansen type
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I can win every argument if I take today’s information and compare it to a draft 1-4 years ago.

Never change RD, never change.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:14 pm I can win every argument if I take today’s information and compare it to a draft 1-4 years ago.
I doubt it.

But I agree with you that The Dude is killing it here...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

[MOD - off topic]
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

[MOD - let's get back on topic fellas]
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

[MOD - STOP IT... last warning]
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nuckles is a massive fan of the work Chiarelli has done rebuilding (apparently) the Oilers. Let's review;

1. Signs the Pastry Chef Lucic and his delicious turnovers to s 7 year $42 million contract - Bad

2. Signs Draisaitl to an 8 year $68 million contract - Bad

3. Trades Schultz for a 3rd round pick - Bad

4. Acquires Kassian, awful season- Bad

5. Pouliot Buyout on books until 2021 - Bad

6. Signs Russell to a 4 year $16 million contract - Awful

7. Hall for Larsson - Awful

8. Eberle for Strome - Awful

9. Trades 16th overall and 33rd overall for Reinhart - Brutal

10. Trades a 2nd, 3rd and 7th for a good back up goalie - bad

11. Trades Davidson for a rental in Desharnis. Should've kept Davidson and not signed Russell - Jusy bad!

12. Drafts the dumbest Finn on record 4th overall in Puljiarvi with Tkachuk still available - bad

This is Nuckles favourite GM, favourite rebuild
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Maybe he did and maybe he didn’t but can you provide any reference to where he said this was a preferred model?

Would be interesting to see where YOU think is the biggest weakness in the team?

I would think it is mostly in net, unless you had a crystal ball I don’t see how anyone could of pictured Talbot having such a crappy year compared to his last 2 seasons with the same team. If he was even close to Markstrom GAA the Oilers would be in the playoffs and this would all be mute.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I agree with 3,6,7,8,9. Nothing wrong with the rest of the moves