Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 am

Umm.... so u would pay an inconsistent aging veteran $6M X $6 years to be a "two way" mentor? :hmmm:

And u r wrong btw, rebuilding teams don't hand out 6X6 contracts to guys like Loui.
Detroit - Frans Nielsen
Boston - David Backes
Islanders - Ladd
Edmonton - Lucic
Flames - Brouwer
Vancouver - Eriksson

None of those teams are/were/kinda/sorta rebuilding? All those big UFA signings were signed the same summer as Eriksson.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Lol, what a dumb argument. Because other GMs did a bad contract it is ok for our genius to do a bad contract.

It was a bad contract done at the wrong time for the wrong amount and for the wrong length. No matter how you spin it we have the twit for 4 more years.

Who does he mentor and what does he mentor them about?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Adam Gaudette leads NCAA in scoring....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:56 am Adam Gaudette leads NCAA in scoring....
It would seem to be a good move to give him the Boeser treatment and sign him when his college season is done. It gets a good prospect in the system faster, gives the kid some cash up front and burns a year off his elc. Win win for everyone. I can’t imagaine he would want to return for his senior year when he sees the opportunities in this organization to play centre. Even if Henrik Sedin comes back there’s no reason the kid couldn’t make next years roster with a good camp.
Horvat
Henrik
Gaudette
Sutter

They’d finally have some depth up the middle, Sutter could play 4th line min and kill penalties and play 13-14 min which is about where he should be. He’s likely to break another bird bone anyways so it could be a moot point.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:35 am Lol, what a dumb argument. Because other GMs did a bad contract it is ok for our genius to do a bad contract.

It was a bad contract done at the wrong time for the wrong amount and for the wrong length. No matter how you spin it we have the twit for 4 more years.

Read much? By all accounts, no you don't.

He said "U r wrong, rebuilding teams don't hand out 6x6 contracts"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:11 am
rats19 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:56 am Adam Gaudette leads NCAA in scoring....
It would seem to be a good move to give him the Boeser treatment and sign him when his college season is done. It gets a good prospect in the system faster, gives the kid some cash up front and burns a year off his elc. Win win for everyone. I can’t imagaine he would want to return for his senior year when he sees the opportunities in this organization to play centre. Even if Henrik Sedin comes back there’s no reason the kid couldn’t make next years roster with a good camp.
Horvat
Henrik
Gaudette
Sutter

They’d finally have some depth up the middle, Sutter could play 4th line min and kill penalties and play 13-14 min which is about where he should be. He’s likely to break another bird bone anyways so it could be a moot point.
Brilliant steal of a pick in the 5th round, brilliant! This kid is a stud. Just wait til 3rd round pick stud - Tryamkin returns!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:16 am
Reefer2 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:35 am Lol, what a dumb argument. Because other GMs did a bad contract it is ok for our genius to do a bad contract.

Maybe he’s in shock that you actually answer a question instead of skirting it and turning the debate on it’s ear. Its very likely you could have said “ wahhh Gillis, or Blob loves Sweeney” but you chose the proper path and actually engaged in meaningful discussion. Colour me impressed Pacific Blue. There may be hope for you yet and you may yet break out of the shackles placed on you by higher powers. Do the Sutter and walk on your own little bird bones and be counted!! :thumbs:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:28 am

Maybe he’s in shock that you actually answer a question instead of skirting it and turning the debate on it’s ear. Its very likely you could have said “ wahhh Gillis, or Blob loves Sweeney” but you chose the proper path and actually engaged in meaningful discussion. Colour me impressed Pacific Blue. There may be hope for you yet and you may yet break out of the shackles placed on you by higher powers. Do the Sutter and walk on your own little bird bones and be counted!! :thumbs:
Yeah no, we all know that your no. 2 wingman - Ruffles, don't read much.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I wasn’t pointing out to him, will not explain more because it will not get through to you.

The signing was bad, no other way to say it. It was bad when it was signed and it will continue to be bad for 4 more years.

The Canucks WILL HAVE TO GIVE UP AN ASSET to have another team take him off the books.

How can anyone justify that.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:41 am

I wasn’t pointing out to him, will not explain more because it will not get through to you.

The signing was bad, no other way to say it. It was bad when it was signed and it will continue to be bad for 4 more years.

The Canucks WILL HAVE TO GIVE UP AN ASSET to have another team take him off the books.

How can anyone justify that.
I responded to his post - "U R wrong, rebuilding teams don't hand out 6x6 contracts", was merely pointing out to him that he is wrong and then provided examples.

You my friend, turned it into something else. LOL. Excercise that noodle in the cranium, Ruffles.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I am not getting into any pissing matches with you as well RD. You have proven to everyone the type of poster you are.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 pm I am not getting into any pissing matches with you as well RD. You have proven to everyone the type of poster you are.
Yes he has, and so too have you.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

With Sutter back Goldobin has been returned to Utica.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 am
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:54 pm This is key.

By the time Pettersson and company are lining up to sign their 2nd contracts, Eriksson is off the books.

Sutter too for that matter.

These are the kind of forwards you want around your younguns during a rebuild.

Solid TWO WAY mentors....
Umm.... so u would pay an inconsistent aging veteran $6M X $6 years to be a "two way" mentor? :hmmm:
I already explained the rebuild-capspace logic, so sorry you missed it my dear friend...

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 am And u r wrong btw, rebuilding teams don't hand out 6X6 contracts to guys like Loui.
Well your rebuilding Vancouver Canucks did just that!

Along with other rebuilding teams, some of which were pointed out by my good buddy the Dude.

Who's "wrong" Todd? :wink:

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:01 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:28 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:01 pm He's a decent player I guess, but the term is definitely too long. I wouldn't mind a 2-3 year deal, maybe 4
I think we'll get decent years out of him maybe 3 out of the 6 years.
Seeing as how you're bragging about that post, one can only assume you feel Loui has been worth every penny thus far
I was wrong on that one. I was hoping that maybe we get 3 good years out of Loui, but his play has been even worse. At this rate, we'd be lucky to get ONE good year out him.
In the first highlighted sentence you clearly stated "maybe 4 years".

I'm wondering why you deleted those first two sentences in this response.

I'm racking my brain trying to figure that out, "WHY" I'm asking myself, "WHY".

But anyway...

Hey, it's great that you can admit you were wrong old chum!

But it's kind of odd you were BRAGGING about your original statement no?

I mean you dug it up, said you were right, and went "WOOOOOOOOOOOO".

Wuttup widdat Toddster?

BRAGGING about being right about something... and then saying you were actually WRONG about dat dere? :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:35 pm With Sutter back Goldobin has been returned to Utica.
Is Chaput still here?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.