The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:19 am What is learned from all of this? Chef Boi RD can adjust, Bubbles cannot, he's a stubborn old fool. Genius the calm cool and collected made the right decision, that's all that matters.
Yeah you were just so far ahead of the curve. You’re almost as crafty as Mr Cunt
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:59 am
Yeah you were just so far ahead of the curve. You’re almost as crafty as Mr Cunt
:lol:

Tavares is the next heatley

McKinnon is a bust

Makar shouldnt have cracked the top 20

And thats just the past few weeks
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Stay with me UDL
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s as clear as mud
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:17 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:59 am
:lol:

Tavares is the next heatley

McKinnon is a bust

Makar shouldnt have cracked the top 20

And thats just the past few weeks
Sutter is as good as Couturier

Yeah the Makar hate is just weird too. Probably screams at the tv all lit up on Colt 45s
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If Benning had drafted Makar over Ethiopias Pettersson we would be hearing all about how generational Cale is after his success at these wjcs instead
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:11 pm If Benning had drafted Makar over Ethiopias Pettersson we would be hearing all about how generational Cale is after his success at these wjcs instead
Combined with the Gillis gang pissing their Tkachuk pants for drafting Makar instead of Pettersen
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:13 pmCombined with the Gillis gang [emphasis added] pissing their Tkachuk pants for drafting Makar instead of Pettersen
Now I think I see the disconnect in our discussion: you would appear to be holding to some sort of false polarity. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, about criticizing any elements of Benning's work (or, to be careful, the work attribute to Benning by the ownership/management group) that implies that Gillis did better in the past, or would be doing better in the same circumstance.

The actual comparison, set up by Benning's own supporters on this board, is to what a hockey management genius would do.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:40 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 pm His list was a week before the draft
Perhaps the list was in no particular order?

Dude was "sold" on Pettersson 17 days before the draft but wutevs...

Main thing is that The Virtuoso was sold on Elias Pettersson.

Never bet against The Virtuoso my friend!
Who was the one doing the selling exactly??? YOU ARE WELCOME
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:11 pm If Benning had drafted Makar over Ethiopias Pettersson we would be hearing all about how generational Cale is after his success at these wjcs instead
why Toronto SHOULD trade for TANEV+
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

olpaddy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:30 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 pm His list was a week before the draft

THANK YOU PADDY

You sold the Dude and I on Mr Pettersson.

You're not in The Virtuoso's league... but hey, you're a pretty bright guy. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:05 pm
olpaddy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:30 pm

THANK YOU PADDY

You sold the Dude and I on Mr Pettersson.

You're not in The Virtuoso's league... but hey, you're a pretty bright guy. 8-)
Nobody is in the Virtuoso's league 8-)
Re: 2015 Draft Class watch

Post by olpaddy » Sun May 10, 2015 5:46 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
olpaddy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Keep reading that this Denis Guryanov could be the sleeper steal of the draft. If it weren't for the Russian factor he'd go top 10. Was Russia's best forward at the U18's with 6 goals in 5 games. 6'-2" 200 lbs plays a gritty game, likes to crash the net, super skilled and smooth and has a wicked shot. Plays RW. Should the Nucks take the gamble?
I hate to interrupt your luv for European Teenage Boys as you're obviously locked into Craig Button Draft mode looking at tape of some Blonde Hair Blue eyed Beauty from Djursgarden who no doubt brings it in the Post Season...

But tonight a North American prospect by the name of Cole Cassels shut down Connor Mc Gretzky AGAIN... Oshawa up 2-0 while Scoring a goal himself in a 5-1 victory... Don't want to take up much more of your time I'M SURE THAT 5'9 179 pound Right Winger from AIK has gotten your ATTENTION as u break his game down heading into the Spengler Cup.... Three cheers for Vastra FrolundaIF....
This is the pile of good ole North American scraps we will be pickinv from at 23

Jansen Harkens - Nathan Smith
Carlo - Mike Wilson
Jake Debrusk - Josh Holden
Nick Merkely - Cody Hodgson
Bracco - Jordan Schroeder
Greenway - Rob Woodward
Jeremy Roy - Yanik Weber
Nic Roy - Patrick White
Daniel Sprong - Niklas Jensen
Interesting I didn't see Brock Boeser's name on that list i guess you are to busy breaking down KHL game footage to notice the USJHL... Sidenote Pacific Blue your luv for the "Detroit Red Wing Model" intrigues me.... I see young Red Wing Player's Like Tomas Tartar, Gustav Nyquist and Tomas Jurco all contribute to that teams regular season success... Strangely enough between the 3 of them they have combined to score 7 goals in the post season in 52 games, when you break it down further Nyquist has 3 goals in 30 post season games Tartar has 3 in 12... I find it fascinating that 3 Euros who light it up in the regular season with the TSN Highlight of the night goals when the post season arrives and the street lights come on for real and the big kids in the neighborhood come out to play,they have combined for 7 more post season goals than me.... I find that ironic considering I don't get top 6 minutes or get off my couch when the playoffs start... Seems to me the Detroit Model you love so much isn't that much different than that which runs here past game 82 of the regular season... But I digress, I will let you get back to breaking down The Dynamo Minsk of the KHL as you wax nostalgic over the Booming Shot of Kirill Koltsov.... 3 cheers for CSKA Moscow...
User avatarRoyalDude
CC Legend
Re: 2015 Draft Class watch
Report this post
Post by RoyalDude » Sun May 10, 2015 6:38 pm

Yeah forgot about Boeser,

Brock Boeser - Dan Woodley

I'm trying to find Jason Herter, Harold Druken, Alex Stojanov, Shawn Antoski,Yann Suave, Alexandre Mallet and Brad Ference the junkyard dog comparables in this draft, you got any suggests?

Like I said Doc NOBODY is in the Virtuoso's league 8-) There are some of us tho check out the Date by the way who just keep on keeping on 8-) Calling Boeser on the 10th of May YOU R WELCOME AGAIN than having Pacific Blue responding to me actually getting the player we picked right a MONTH and a HALF before the draft by calling him a Dan Woodley Clone is priceless...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ouch PAC B is your puppeteer Doc gonna save you from this beating lol ?
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:21 pm Ouch PAC B is your puppeteer Doc gonna save you from this beating lol ?
No Beating were all friends here I'm sure my good buddy Doc Strangelove whom I might add has a Strange Love for the MAPLE LEAF 8-) understands its all in good fun... Sorta like the time Doc thought that Brendan Guance was an Elite third line winger AND SAID AS MUCH BUT I DIGRESS... 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:21 pm Ouch PAC B is your puppeteer Doc gonna save you from this beating lol ?
Lol The Dude got on-board the Pettersson train before the draft and that's all that matters.

THANK YOU PADDY
____
Try to focus on someday.