World Juniors 2018

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:39 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:11 am I hate the leaves UDL. Marner even though it pains has elite skill set.

Bubbles I'm talking about trending. What Canadian prospect/player do you see in the 2018, 2017 and 2016 draft classes that reeks of high end elite talent? Patrick? Dubios? Makar? Veleno? Sorry but that is as vanilla as it gets. The Calder race is between 3 Americans and one Canadian - Boeser, MacAvoy, Keller and Barzal
:lol: lose a couple shootouts and the Dude is leaking piss everywhere thinking Canadian hockey is circling the drain. :lol:

Why does the Calder matter? Boeser and Barzal are both 20. Who went first overall in their draft?

From the 2016 draft, Chychrun is pushing a 40-point pace since returning from knee surgery, while PLD has 15 points in his last 19 while playing 3:48 less per game than Keller (14 in his last 20).
You still taking Dubios ahead of Keller, Tkachuk and MaCAvoy?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:22 pm Is that the same Boqvist who is ranked 2nd on scouts lists after Dahlin? If so I thought he was a defenceman? This guy is playing forward
It's his brother (Jesper). The younger Boqvist (Adam) didn't make the cut.
We've got a really good crop of young d-men coming along! 8-)

Jesper was drafted by New Jersey in the second round 2017:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=212690

And this is Adam's profile:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=265684
Last edited by Per on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:24 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:39 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:11 am I hate the leaves UDL. Marner even though it pains has elite skill set.

Bubbles I'm talking about trending. What Canadian prospect/player do you see in the 2018, 2017 and 2016 draft classes that reeks of high end elite talent? Patrick? Dubios? Makar? Veleno? Sorry but that is as vanilla as it gets. The Calder race is between 3 Americans and one Canadian - Boeser, MacAvoy, Keller and Barzal
:lol: lose a couple shootouts and the Dude is leaking piss everywhere thinking Canadian hockey is circling the drain. :lol:

Why does the Calder matter? Boeser and Barzal are both 20. Who went first overall in their draft?

From the 2016 draft, Chychrun is pushing a 40-point pace since returning from knee surgery, while PLD has 15 points in his last 19 while playing 3:48 less per game than Keller (14 in his last 20).
You still taking Dubios ahead of Keller, Tkachuk and MaCAvoy?
You apparently are taking Juolevi ahead of all those players
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Goal by Pettersson!

It was really supposed to be an assist to a goal by Andersson, but a Swiss player intercepted the pass into his own goal... :lol:
Pettersson thus got the credit.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’m happy he’s putting up a few points and am anxious to see how he does in the next round when the competition amps up a bit
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

God-damned! :o :D :lol:

Sweden's seventh goal is just b-e-a-u-t-i-ful!

Elias Pettersson!

What a guy! :D
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:18 pm God-damned! :o :D :lol:

Elias Pettersson!

Even threw in the swan dive ! :rockin:
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The Swiss did a good job of containing Sweden for two periods, and the score, going into the third period, was just 3-2 in Sweden's favour. But eventually the Swiss ran out of gas, and Sweden won the third period 4-0 (shots 19-6) for a comfortable 7-2 victory.

Also, in the third period the coach moved Lias Andersson permanently to the first line. He had been playing with Pettersson and Nylander on the first powerplay formation, but in five on five they were originally centered by Zetterlund, who is more of a two way centre who was meant to be more defensively responsible.

Andersson, Pettersson and Nylander really seem to have fun together on the ice and their tape to tape passes at times are reminiscent of the old Soviet tic-tac-toeing. It's great fun to watch! :D
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:42 pm
Per wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:18 pm God-damned! :o :D :lol:

Elias Pettersson!

Even threw in the swan dive ! :rockin:
People have been saying "sure, he is getting some points on the powerplay, but we want to see more!"

That goal was more. :thumbs:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

SCORING LEADERS:
R Name............... Team Pos GP G A PTS PIM +/-

1 PETTERSSON Elias.... SWE F 3 4 2 6 0 2
2 MITTELSTADT Casey.. USA F 3 3 3 6 2 4
3 DAHLIN Rasmus....... SWE D 3 0 6 6 2 4
4 ANDERSSON Lias...... SWE F 3 4 1 5 0 5
5 KAYUMOV Artur........ RUS F 3 3 2 5 0 5
5 KOSTIN Klim........... RUS F 3 3 2 5 0 5
7 NYLANDER Alexander SWE F 3 1 4 5 2 3
8 BELLOWS Kieffer...... USA F 3 4 0 4 0 2
9 ZADINA Filip........... CZE F 3 3 1 4 0 0
10 CHYTIL Filip.......... CZE F 3 2 2 4 0 3
10 STEEL Sam............ CAN F 3 2 2 4 0 0
10 SYOMIN Vladislav..... RUS F 3 2 2 4 0 0
Considering that he hasn't been feeling well, I think Pettersson has done fairly well so far.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

And here it is:

:o :look: :thumbs: :drink:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Holy shit thats a filthy dangle.

We're gonna need to add some knuckle draggers to the roster when he throws on the stinky whale...teams are gonna be finishing checks hard on him and we'll be needing him in one piece...i reckon
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

As impressive as it looked, he deked a dead tired SWISS defender, used Anderson's pick, then fooled an atrocious SWISS goaltender. I will say he was more physical this game and did a couple of things along the boards. For the most part though, he was loosing one on one puck battles. Hopefully it is still the flu taking it's toll.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:52 am As impressive as it looked, he deked a dead tired SWISS defender, used Anderson's pick, then fooled an atrocious SWISS goaltender. I will say he was more physical this game and did a couple of things along the boards. For the most part though, he was loosing one on one puck battles. Hopefully it is still the flu taking it's toll.
Yeah that pick was pretty greasy, almost Sedin like. Still the kid has filthy hands and a great shot to go along with that reach. Still like to see him a bit more engaged in the high traffic areas. The next round should be a good test and so should the game against the Russians for that matter
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks neeeeeeed elite skillset in the system for when the Sedins bust loose. Elias is that guy. I could care less if he isn't Ryan Clowe along the boards, we have others for that but the mere fact that he's dominating and was leading the Swedish men's league in scoring tells you he's no wuss
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau