World Juniors 2018

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bubbles listen, Canada is still a hockey power, just not thee. The US has arrived. Their men's team in a few years will be tough to beat. They've been pumping out high end talent the last few drafts and that isn't going to stop. What's concerning is how Canada is trending when you consider the last few drafts and the one coming. With the exception of McDavid,Barzal and Marner. There isn't much else to get excited about. Bob McKenzie says the 2017 draft could be the first draft we see where there is no Canadian drafted in the top 10. Our hope to crack the top 10 is who? Ty Smith? Dobson? Pretty awful. 2017 draft is pretty dismal. The top Canadian - Patrick looks like the 2nd coming of Mr Vanilla Sam Reinhart

What is slso alarming is the number of busts drafted in the first rounds of the last few drafts, how many of them are Canadian - Stromes, Crouse, Senyshyn, Domi etc.

I hope it's just a blip but with word that hockey registration in Canada is dwindling and it's cranking up in the states that is of concern as well

I also believe that developing skill in Canada is a problem. It's all about the coach,wins, 200 ft player, defence. In Canada if you show skill they label you an individualist, not a team player, a head case. Over coaching sucks the life out of the game in Canada. Need to get back to harnessing skill
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It is bothersome the lack of push back and attitude towards the USA from our players. Team USA loves to beat us, they really get up for those games and play with determination and a chip on their shoulders which used to be our bread and butter. Was pissed to see a few cowards emerge in yesterday's tilt like Makar and Thomas and Batherson and Raddysh. Penalties are penalties that wasn't our problem it was the no shows. It's like we are scared of the Americans now.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Six of the top 10 scorers in the NHL are Canadian. There are two Americans in there. Fifteen of the top 30 scorers are Canadian while there eight Yanks. Tavares is a top 5 player in the league and he’s what 26 ? Scheifele is 24, Huberdeau, Mackinnon , McDavid ,Monahan, Couturier, Schwartz ,Barzal, Marner, Seguin all 25 or under. I agree the US is gaining ground and have been for years. I just don’t share all your doom and gloom
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:47 am . With the exception of McDavid,Barzal and Marner. There isn't much else to get excited about.
:shock:

I thought he was nothing to get excited about
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:00 am
micky107 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:06 am It's all bullshit but it's all money. Money always wins.
It was dangerous and it cost us.
If it wasn't for the 41,000 official add-on to the attendance,
this would go down as one of the poorest N. American attended Junior tournaments.
Buffalo sucks.
It cost us? Did the USA not have to play in the same conditions? Team USA's winning streak against us is now 7 games at the WJC's. They spank us in all the other junior tournaments, wake up Mickey Canada is no longer the hockey power of the world
For crying out loud Dude. I aint that patriotic when it comes to Canuck prospects.
I meant it cost us LOCKWOOD !!!!! That's the last thing he needed after already going through shoulder surgery.
Of all people, I thought you would have understood.
I'll try and be more simplistic next time..............
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I hate the leaves UDL. Marner even though it pains has elite skill set.

Bubbles I'm talking about trending. What Canadian prospect/player do you see in the 2018, 2017 and 2016 draft classes that reeks of high end elite talent? Patrick? Dubios? Makar? Veleno? Sorry but that is as vanilla as it gets. The Calder race is between 3 Americans and one Canadian - Boeser, MacAvoy, Keller and Barzal
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

However 2019 looks good for Canadians - Bryam and Cozens to name a couple. 2018 is the dogs breakfast. Exceptional Playet Status - Veleno might drop to the 2nd round. Who are these jack ass CHL morons who hand out Exceptional Player Status? See Sean Day
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RD are you a masochist?

Do you enjoy being bitch slapped all the time when poster brings up your past comments and shows that you flip flop all the time.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

2020 Alexis Lafreniere
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Same patented tic-tac-toe powerplay as last game. Pettersson cross ice to Nylander, who sends it to the crease where Andersson tips it in. Beautiful! 8-)
Last edited by Per on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:11 am I hate the leaves UDL. Marner even though it pains has elite skill set.

Bubbles I'm talking about trending. What Canadian prospect/player do you see in the 2018, 2017 and 2016 draft classes that reeks of high end elite talent? Patrick? Dubios? Makar? Veleno? Sorry but that is as vanilla as it gets. The Calder race is between 3 Americans and one Canadian - Boeser, MacAvoy, Keller and Barzal
:lol: lose a couple shootouts and the Dude is leaking piss everywhere thinking Canadian hockey is circling the drain. :lol:

Why does the Calder matter? Boeser and Barzal are both 20. Who went first overall in their draft?

From the 2016 draft, Chychrun is pushing a 40-point pace since returning from knee surgery, while PLD has 15 points in his last 19 while playing 3:48 less per game than Keller (14 in his last 20).
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is that the same Boqvist who is ranked 2nd on scouts lists after Dahlin? If so I thought he was a defenceman? This guy is playing forward
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:39 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:11 am I hate the leaves UDL. Marner even though it pains has elite skill set.

:lol: lose a couple shootouts and the Dude is leaking piss everywhere thinking Canadian hockey is circling the drain. :lol:

Why does the Calder matter? Boeser and Barzal are both 20. Who went first overall in their draft?

From the 2016 draft, Chychrun is pushing a 40-point pace since returning from knee surgery, while PLD has 15 points in his last 19 while playing 3:48 less per game than Keller (14 in his last 20).
You still taking Dubios ahead of Keller, Tkachuk and MaCAvoy?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:22 pm Is that the same Boqvist who is ranked 2nd on scouts lists after Dahlin? If so I thought he was a defenceman? This guy is playing forward
It's his brother (Jesper). The younger Boqvist (Adam) didn't make the cut.
We've got a really good crop of young d-men coming along! 8-)

Jesper was drafted by New Jersey in the second round 2017:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=212690

And this is Adam's profile:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=265684
Last edited by Per on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:24 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:39 am

You still taking Dubios ahead of Keller, Tkachuk and MaCAvoy?
You apparently are taking Juolevi ahead of all those players