World Juniors 2018

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I have no man love . Your blind defence of everything Benning is a nauseating . You still think Juolevi is a better pick than Macevoy, Sergachev and Tkachuk . Therefore you’ve proven yourself an idiot
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I have no man love .t
Liar

Excellent skating by Jonah on that last shift
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I like Jonah. I just said his skating can improve. You then trash the Tkachuks one of whom is better than the vanilla guy the Canucks took before him. The other is a consensus top 10 pick yet in your world he’s is a 2nd rounder. I’m surprised you like Gadjovich considering he plays tough. You HATE that style of play.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:If Brady Tkachuk is a top 10 pick then this is a shitty draft class. Quinton Hughes is ranked around 5th, that guy is so tiny he makes Victor Mete look like Andre the Giant. Dahlin looks real slick and poised with the puck, looks like the real deal. Was impressed with Zadina in the Czech Russkie game. All in all the 2018 class ain't looking so good.
Another weak post. It’s pretty well known that the 2018 draft class is far superior to the 2017 group

Who do you post this drivel for ?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:If Brady Tkachuk is a top 10 pick then this is a shitty draft class. Quinton Hughes is ranked around 5th, that guy is so tiny he makes Victor Mete look like Andre the Giant. Dahlin looks real slick and poised with the puck, looks like the real deal. Was impressed with Zadina in the Czech Russkie game. All in all the 2018 class ain't looking so good.
Another weak post. It’s pretty well known that the 2018 draft class is far superior to the 2017 group

Who do you post this drivel for ?
No it's not, what a crock of shit
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yes... yes it is . Go do another rail
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Give it a rest Bibbles, outside of Dahlin it's a lame draft class. BTW Svechnikov was invisible in his game. Hughes was good but he makes Mete look like Big Country Reeves he's that small. To be honest, Zadina has impressed me and Tkachuk so does not deserve his ranking, in fact he's starting to slip on a few lists due to his very unimpressive season he is having, terrible skater.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Gees, Juolevi just not getting enough ice time on this Finnish team to show much.
Frustrating.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote:Gees, Juolevi just not getting enough ice time on this Finnish team to show much.
Frustrating.
He had over 20 minutes of ice time against Canada. What did he get against the Danes?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Juolevi is the 4th or 5th best d man on his team right now :(
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Give it a rest Bibbles, outside of Dahlin it's a lame draft class. BTW Svechnikov was invisible in his game. Hughes was good but he makes Mete look like Big Country Reeves he's that small. To be honest, Zadina has impressed me and Tkachuk so does not deserve his ranking, in fact he's starting to slip on a few lists due to his very unimpressive season he is having, terrible skater.
It’s not as good as 2015 or 2016 but it’s better than 2014 or 2017. Everyone knows this. It’s a deep draft
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Juolevi is the 4th or 5th best d man on his team right now :(
That's how much RD
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Another powerplay goal by Elias Pettersson! What a shot! 8-)

Sweden ahead 2-0 against the Czechs after the first period.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I don't understand how they call goalie interference anymore. :(

According to IIHF rules a goal should be disallowed because of goaltender interference if...
4. If an attacking player stands or holds his stick in the goal crease when the puck enters the goal net, unless he has been physically interfered with, by the action of any defending player so as to cause him to be in the goal crease when the puck enters the goal net, unless if in the opinion of the Referee, he had sufficient time to get out of the crease.

6. If an attacking player initiates contact with the goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goaltender is in his goal crease and a goal is scored.

7. If an attacking player initiates any contact with the goalkeeper, other than incidental contact, while goalkeeper is outside his goal crease and a goal is scored.

8. Where an attacking player enters or takes a position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper's vision and impair his ability to defend his goal net and a goal is scored.
Canada's first goal against Finland is an obvious case in point. Tkachuk clearly crashed into the goaltender before the puck crossed the line. No goal.

Sweden's first goal against the Czechs was almost as bad. A Swedish player was going hard to the crease and clearly had both skates inside the blue area when the goal was scored. He also made slight contact with the goalie; not really enough to throw him off the game, but still. Clearly a violation of point 4, possibly of point 6.
No goal.

And yet both goals stand! And both times the refs even made a phone call before making the wrong call. WTF?

I'm one of many who considers the goalie sacred in hockey. I'm all for going hard to the crease, but I find it essential that the refs uphold the special status a goaltender has. If an opposing player makes contact with the goalie, except if being pushed into the crease by an opponent, the play stops, and any goal that eas scored after contact eas initiated should be disallowed.

If the refs don't make the correct calls, goalies will end up being run all the time, which will result in lots of injuries, and an injury to a goalie is usually far more devastating for a team than an injury to a skater. You have twenty plus skaters on a team, but only two or three goalies, and there is often a huge difference between the starter and the backup. This would be horrible for hockey!

So, really, the refs need to reed the frigging rule book and start making the correct calls! :evil:
Last edited by Per on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Top shelf where momma keeps the cookies.

Other than set up on the power play, I'm not seeing him going into traffic or in pick battles. I want to see more.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.