World Juniors 2018

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If bubbles thinks Gads is a terrible skater then that makes Matthew Tkachuk the new Dana Murzyn
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:If bubbles thinks Gads is a terrible skater then that makes Matthew Tkachuk the new Dana Murzyn
Cool story ...
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Nice opening win by Canada. They are deep and are playing as a coherent unit already. Using their speed and size to lean on the Finnish D, which did not come as advertised.

Another tune-up tonight before the novelty game on Friday.

The US throttled Denmark (shocking) and have the Slovaks next before us. They won't have their first test of the tourney until they play outdoors. Not an easy schedule for them.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If Brady Tkachuk is a top 10 pick then this is a shitty draft class. Quinton Hughes is ranked around 5th, that guy is so tiny he makes Victor Mete look like Andre the Giant. Dahlin looks real slick and poised with the puck, looks like the real deal. Was impressed with Zadina in the Czech Russkie game. All in all the 2018 class ain't looking so good.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Nice opening win by Canada. They are deep and are playing as a coherent unit already. Using their speed and size to lean on the Finnish D, which did not come as advertised.

Another tune-up tonight before the novelty game on Friday.

The US throttled Denmark (shocking) and have the Slovaks next before us. They won't have their first test of the tourney until they play outdoors. Not an easy schedule for them.
Canada beat a team that had to play their way into the tournament via the relegation round last year. Canada did NOT look at all dominant in this one. They didn't have much edge or energy, and they didn't control the game shift to shift. They scored a couple of lucky ones, that were the result of some good individual efforts after stupid mistakes by Finland. I did not find myself getting overly excited about this team in this opening game.

From what I've seen so far team USA and Sweden will be the teams to beat, and Canada will have to work awfully hard to upset either of them to steal a silver or gold.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I agree Mëds, was not that impress with Team Canada. Everyone talks how great our D is, they are not great at all. No real high end elite skill set at forward on the top two lines. The Americans skill at forward puts ours to shame. Middlestadt looked like freakin McDavid yesterday.

Juolevi played over 20 minutes, Mr Reliable when the game gets tight
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:I agree Mëds, was not that impress with Team Canada. Everyone talks how great our D is, they are not great at all. No real high end elite skill set at forward on the top two lines. The Americans skill at forward puts ours to shame. Middlestadt looked like freakin McDavid yesterday.

Juolevi played over 20 minutes, Mr Reliable when the game gets tight
This guy?

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yes that dude, Topper. You not watch the beat down team USA handed Denmark? Mittlestadt was generational like in the game, very impressed. Tkachuk on the other hand, should not be there, just awful. Was Keith as bad as a skater as his two sons are? I don't recall
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I see a very excellent bottom 6 line in LW - Lockwood, C- Gaunce, RW Gadjovich

Lockwood looks excellent on the penalty kill and man can the kid hit,as witnessed with that vicious hit he laid out yesterday, this city is going to love the kid. Also, really impressed with Gadjovich defense work. See him being the big bad bear coming in after Lockwood has pissed somebody off with a viscious hit. Gaunce will be the calm, cool voice of reason on that line. Really liking Gaunce's game now.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gadjovich the Beast with a goal
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Yes that dude, Topper. You not watch the beat down team USA handed Denmark? Mittlestadt was generational like in the game, very impressed. Tkachuk on the other hand, should not be there, just awful. Was Keith as bad as a skater as his two sons are? I don't recall
If you end every post with a I don’t recall, a lot more people will take you somewhat seriously. Mm

THINK ABOUT IT
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Because what happened last year matters at this tournament? Hey dude, didn’t your boy Button have Finland beating Canada for gold?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bubbles and his wingman Nuckles^^^
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The funny thing is North Van Ann Drennan boy thinks the the Tkachuks ar horrible skaters but Jonah is Paul Coffey on the blades. Troll is a troll
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bubbles has a weird man love for the Tkachuk clan.

Gadjovich was drafted in the 2nd. Brady too should be drafted in the 2nd round. But Bubbles would pick him in the top 5 of the 1st round