World Juniors 2018

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol at the Dud. He is a passive player at this point. Zero pizzaz or jam to his game. I think he will play in the league but he sure as hell doesn’t scream top pairing impact defenceman at nearly 20 years old. His coaches obviously don’t think so either.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Clague a meathead?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nice stick check, rush and snap shot by Juolevi. He's looking very solid. Blobbee likes Clagues pass to the Finn in front of Team Canada's net
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I can see why they took Makar at 4. Looks like Paul Coffey
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:I can see why they took Makar at 4. Looks like Paul Coffey
Really? Haven't been impressed with him or Heiskanen. But hey thank you to Nill and Sakic for taking them instead of Pettersen
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

He moves that puck around like silk with wheels to burn. There really is a comparison there to Karlsson
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I'd say Juolevi lost confidence somewhere after his draft day. He has speed, vision and hand skills to play in the NHL within a year or so but is missing something from then...has to be upstairs
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Makar should be converted to forward. Not liking his D-zone work, too slight and small like Heiskanen. Juolevi looks great in the D-zone. Looks like one of the bigger guys out there. Mere looks tiny. Canadas D in general look tiny
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote:He moves that puck around like silk with wheels to burn. There really is a comparison there to Karlsson
He’s a beauty. Also like the wheels on Mete who apparently was the Knights best d man last year.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mete - 5'-9" - 180 lbs

Makar - 5'-11" - 180 lbs

Juolevi - 6'-3" - 200 lbs
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dante Fabbro is an excellent young d man. Just like Tampa , Nashville has a great pipeline of players and brilliant management. Would love to have that kid on Vancouver, but we don’t have much to trade for a quality young d man like that. Tanev would be an expensive and redundant #4 d man on the Preds
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Who do you like more? Jordan Subban or Victor Mete?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:I'd say Juolevi lost confidence somewhere after his draft day. He has speed, vision and hand skills to play in the NHL within a year or so but is missing something from then...has to be upstairs
Bang on, Dan. He's got the blues.
He has to try a get that confidence back up but at the same time, nothing is going to be gifted to him, he's got to earn it.

Gads for Canada looked really good. Tremendously smart player. Very valuable but to get to the NHL sooner than later, absolutely must get some NHL pro help to improve his skating. If he can do that this summer he could see some games next year.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Juolevi - 25 minutes of ice time. Ssshhhhhh
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:I'd say Juolevi lost confidence somewhere after his draft day. He has speed, vision and hand skills to play in the NHL within a year or so but is missing something from then...has to be upstairs
Bang on, Dan. He's got the blues.
He has to try a get that confidence back up but at the same time, nothing is going to be gifted to him, he's got to earn it.

Gads for Canada looked really good. Tremendously smart player. Very valuable but to get to the NHL sooner than later, absolutely must get some NHL pro help to improve his skating. If he can do that this summer he could see some games next year.
Yeah he is a terrible skater at this point. So was Horvat and now he’s a burner so it can be fixed if he has a decent stride , which he does so there is hope