GDT: Golden Knights @ Canucks Nov16/17 7:00 pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Golden Knights @ Canucks Nov16/17 7:00 pm

Post by olpaddy »

Strangelove wrote:
olpaddy wrote:extra attacker Derek Dorsett... nuff said
So much for "gut instinct".

BTW you drew the short stick, sorry ya gotta say 'Happy Birthday' to Reef big guy.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY REEF 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) blow out the candles wish for a season that can make u all happy cause we are all not getting any younger and Lord Knows I would like to see one before I go
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Hockey Widow wrote:That's how you put a game away! Now I wonder if Jake will be back?
C'mon wutchya talkin about. Lets put Gaunce with the Sedins now! :eh: Green says that Virt being out is about what's best for the team, not Virts. So you know, it's best to leave Gagner in there and Erikson... and the Sedin's are apt to score again over the next 10 games again so u don't want to mess up that kind of magic. (Sigh) The emphasis on developing the youth seems a little empty sometimes. Mind u, Pouliot is part of our youth. :eh: Frick, never mind.
Last edited by nuckster on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cc oldtimer
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Hockey Widow wrote:Wow, Pouliot. Two give always in a row and just like that. Feel sorry for him as he has played well.
I felt the forwards, the sedins I believe, kind of abandoned him there - took off not leaving him options. If I'm not mistaken he had the other nucks defender behind him, but was basically staring four knights in the face closing in from the neutral zone. Second giveaway, just brutal. Edler-esque.
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

olpaddy wrote:extra attacker Derek Dorsett... nuff said
Definitely a Willie d flashback. The new megna. Why do nuck coaches always fall in love with plugs? Coach V and glass. Willie d and vey/megna. Green and wat appears to be dorsett. Sutter vanek gagner dorsett to try to get back in the game? Not my first choice.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

About the only little thing you can change is taking Gaunce out and bringing in Virtanen.

And is it sacrilege to split the Sedins up or what, is it in their contracts stipulation that they can never be separated...christ.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote:About the only little thing you can change is taking Gaunce out and bringing in Virtanen.

And is it sacrilege to split the Sedins up or what, is it in their contracts stipulation that they can never be separated...christ.
Gagner, Sutter, Dorsette, so many options to sit someone out.

But but but Dorsette kills penalties, who will do that on out 24th ranked pk. :roll:
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Rocky Dennis wrote: The new megna. Why do nuck coaches always fall in love with plugs? Coach V and glass. Willie d and vey/megna. Green and wat appears to be dorsett.
Just a guess, but I suspect that it's because coaches are more often drawn from the ranks of former plugs than former gifted players. (It makes sense that plugs would wind up coaches more often because they have to really work at all the little details and understanding the game in order to stay in the lineup. Gretzky was not a successful coach.) They then see a little of their former selves in their chosen plug.

Another (not necessarily mutually exclusive) possibility is that plugs are the ones who work hard in practice and do everything the coach asks (again, their only hope of getting into the lineup), and the coaches want to show that that sort of behaviour and attitude will be rewarded.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Rocky Dennis wrote: The new megna. Why do nuck coaches always fall in love with plugs? Coach V and glass. Willie d and vey/megna. Green and wat appears to be dorsett.
Just a guess, but I suspect that it's because coaches are more often drawn from the ranks of former plugs than former gifted players. (It makes sense that plugs would wind up coaches more often because they have to really work at all the little details and understanding the game in order to stay in the lineup. Gretzky was not a successful coach.) They then see a little of their former selves in their chosen plug.

Another (not necessarily mutually exclusive) possibility is that plugs are the ones who work hard in practice and do everything the coach asks (again, their only hope of getting into the lineup), and the coaches want to show that that sort of behaviour and attitude will be rewarded.
Yet it doesn’t win hockey games.

Green needs to learn or he will be another short term Canuck/NHL coach.

Linden and the Genius needs to do there job as well.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

I know some of you take losses very hard, but remember that wins this season have little to do with the long term goal of the Canucks winning the Cup within 1 or 2 seasons after the 2 or 3 seasons Doc said we should wait for.

All that matters this season is developing the young players and pumping the value of the veteran free agents that Benning will (may it please the Hockey Gawds) flip at the deadline for picks and young prospects. Boeser, Horvat, Vanek, and Gagner ticked those boxes quite nicely. In the big picture, it was a successful night.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reefer2 wrote:
SKYO wrote:About the only little thing you can change is taking Gaunce out and bringing in Virtanen.

Gagner, Sutter, Dorsette, so many options to sit someone out.

But but but Dorsette kills penalties, who will do that on out 24th ranked pk. :roll:
Dorsett Kills penalties, is the top hitter for Canucks forwards and oh yeah has more goals than both Sedins combined lol.

At this point I'd rather have Gagner than Henrik on the team, I mean you're going to get the same amount points from each - but Gagner is basically 50% cheaper.

meh just frustrated.

Gaunce simply needs to sit out whose basically done nothing in 3 games, JV has more intangibles to bring to the table to help the team win than Gaunce, from scoring to hitting, def' more energy.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:You have to think, as a little birdie told me, there was an off ice incident. Minor, nothing to get excited about but enough for Green to get upset with a young guy like Virtanen. Really all I am hearing is a night on the road, a little too much alcohol, a little late back to the hotel and to bed, and got caught. Didn't miss practice or wasn't late for anything. Just a little late night. Perhaps a reminder of the take it for granted attitude Green tried to beat out of Jake in Utica?

I think with the attitude he and McCann had their rookie year the Canucks don't want to take any chances. Other than that people are mystified about what Jake did or did not do to earn the wrath of Green and Green is upset with him. I heard the talk about a week and a half ago that he was one foot in Utica.
Was just talking about this with the old man today when we heard he was sitting again. Neither of us quite understood why and then I added, unless of course something happened off-ice, perhaps a repeat of his supposed rookie season shenanigans. So not surprised to hear this...it definitely has the same feel as the phantom Kassian "injuries" and absences...although I suspect not quite as severe. Also Green actually alluded to lessons not being learned today while word was completely mum with Kassian situation.
OMG. Doesn't this just crop up when a coach needs an excuse to get rid of someone he doesn't like.
Maybe you should go with him Travis. Might learn something.
Just way too convenient.

Now the WD style player shuffling really begins. Pressure behind the big bench is starting to show.
As of yet, still no self blame in post game interviews. :evil:

Isn't much positive to say about this game.
Hope the fan is OK.
"evolution"
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Bingo ! and it must be illegal to bench a Sedin :mrgreen:
Guance isn't pulling his weight on the Sutter line. Jake would be an ideal replacement .

Pretty sad defence tonight. Hoping Tanev gets back in the lineup soon.
Of course the Canucks have been better on the road than at home for a few years.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Bettman is a real cunt
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Wow, Pouliot. Two give always in a row and just like that. Feel sorry for him as he has played well.
I felt the forwards, the sedins I believe, kind of abandoned him there - took off not leaving him options. If I'm not mistaken he had the other nucks defender behind him, but was basically staring four knights in the face closing in from the neutral zone. Second giveaway, just brutal. Edler-esque.
On the 1st give away, forwards abandoned him and his partner went to the bench, second giveaway, everyone abandoned him. His real option was to turn and head back behind the net.
Last edited by Topper on Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yes we all would love to see Jake in the line-up but let's face it, he's the second coming of David Booth. Nothing but chickadees flying around in his head

What happened to Pouliot was a reflection of the team that showed up tonight, t'was not a team, they all abandoned ship, except Pouliot, the lone survivor.

Classic Edler tonight

The Sedins, gawd love em, need to leave town at seasons end so the team can properly move on.

Are Juolevi and Puljiarvi cut from the sam Fin?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau