Canucks at LA spn 7.30 pst

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Canucks at LA spn 7.30 pst

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

For the first 1/2 of the game, 5 on 5, the Kings with last change matched the Kopitar line vs the Sedins. A match up they lost and latter allowed Green to match the Sutter line ve the Kopitar line.

As I've noted before, there is something Granlund about Gaunce and freeing Granlund to play centre on another line may be optimal. I'd have Gagne and Bermitsov riding pine, Jake back with the twins and Granlund centering Louie and Vanek.

Hutton still needs baby sitting. I don't know how you can afford to baby sit he and the lil'trojan.

Barchia's goal was all Vanek with a good play by Pouliot. The kings had to respect Vanek's shot and stayed with that while Pouliot drove the net taking defenders with him. hard fast accurate pass for the one timer meant the Kings couldn't be quick enough. There is a bit of Hossa in Vanek's game.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

What does one have to do with the other?

Eventually players like Virtanen, and Goldobin for that matter, will have to be given a roster spot, or traded.

I'd rather see Both Virtanen and Goldobin frankly but there isn't room without sitting a vet, who we may or may not want to trade at the TDD.

I don't like Vanek, I respect what he brings but wrong player at the wrong time. I don't mind Burmistrov or Gagne but we only need one of them.

Oh wait, we aren't rushing the kids so they are placeholders. I keep forgetting that.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Barchia's goal was all Vanek with a good play by Pouliot. The kings had to respect Vanek's shot and stayed with that while Pouliot drove the net taking defenders with him. hard fast accurate pass for the one timer meant the Kings couldn't be quick enough. There is a bit of Hossa in Vanek's game.
That was a one timer? :look:
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Hockey Widow wrote:What does one have to do with the other?

Eventually players like Virtanen, and Goldobin for that matter, will have to be given a roster spot, or traded.

I'd rather see Both Virtanen and Goldobin frankly but there isn't room without sitting a vet, who we may or may not want to trade at the TDD.

I don't like Vanek, I respect what he brings but wrong player at the wrong time. I don't mind Burmistrov or Gagne but we only need one of them.

Oh wait, we aren't rushing the kids so they are placeholders. I keep forgetting that.
I don't mind the depth at all, anything that keeps Megna and Chaput off the team is fine with me. The signings provide good depth that can win the Canucks some games against more depleted rosters. The health at forward has been pretty good so far, but the odds of that continuing for long are not high. Virtanen needs to do more the next opportunity he gets. He hasn't contributed much lately. Sitting out some games to think about how to play better won't hurt him. If there is any regression to the mean, the Canucks are going to see some more injuries soon and Jake will get another chance to show he's a player. It's much better to have Jake on the bench ready to come in than having to use Megna after a few injuries.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Good points CP.

Some posters like to think if we didn't have Vanek and or Burmistrov and or Gange that would automatically mean a Virtanen and perhaps Goldobin would be regulars. But if the coach doesn't think they are ready we'll ya we always have Chaput and Megna and Rodin and Boucher.....
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Cherry Picker wrote: I don't mind the depth at all, anything that keeps Megna and Chaput off the team is fine with me. The signings provide good depth that can win the Canucks some games against more depleted rosters.
We beat some pretty good teams so far with the help of those signings though (ie: Oil, Pens, Caps, Kings, etc). We did not see this the past couple seasons.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote:A few comments;

As I've noted before, there is something Granlund about Gaunce and freeing Granlund to play centre on another line may be optimal. I'd have Gagne and Bermitsov riding pine, Jake back with the twins and Granlund centering Louie and Vanek.

Hutton still needs baby sitting. I don't know how you can afford to baby sit he and the lil'trojan.

Barchia's goal was all Vanek with a good play by Pouliot. The kings had to respect Vanek's shot and stayed with that while Pouliot drove the net taking defenders with him. hard fast accurate pass for the one timer meant the Kings couldn't be quick enough. There is a bit of Hossa in Vanek's game.
Yeah Burmistrov has been the epitome of a perimeter guy, Gagner has improved, but it's good to see they try Granlund back at center again with some skilled linemates.

I hope to see Vanek more on the powerplay dude has the blaster shot.

Gonna be some tough choices when Stecher & Tanev return & if everyone can remain healthy as Pouliot is just too good of a dman to sit out now, Stecher could get the ol' conditioning assignment in Utica to buy some time.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:Gonna be some tough choices when Stecher & Tanev return & if everyone can remain healthy as Pouliot is just too good of a dman to sit out now, Stecher could get the ol' conditioning assignment in Utica to buy some time.
Pouliot has been a reliable 3rd pairing guy, maybe a bit more offensive skill than Biega but that is borderline. Biega is more physical. Both are better than the 'lil trojan.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:
SKYO wrote:Gonna be some tough choices when Stecher & Tanev return & if everyone can remain healthy as Pouliot is just too good of a dman to sit out now, Stecher could get the ol' conditioning assignment in Utica to buy some time.
Pouliot has been a reliable 3rd pairing guy, maybe a bit more offensive skill than Biega but that is borderline. Biega is more physical. Both are better than the 'lil trojan.

if we play the handness game either Del Zotto, Edler, Hutton or Pouliot will come out when Stetcher is healthy. So Green will either have to stick to that plan or say WTF and sit Biega.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doubt if anyone feels too good about a stint in Utica right now.
Just looked. They are stinking to high heavens.
Not saying they should be the best but something is wrong there.
"evolution"
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Topper wrote:

if we play the handness game either Del Zotto, Edler, Hutton or Pouliot will come out when Stetcher is healthy. So Green will either have to stick to that plan or say WTF and sit Biega.
Just took a look at the+/- of our Dmen. Del Zotto has the worst with -8.. The rest aren't even close to this level of incompetence. Biggest surprise to me was Hutton at +4
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice