Time to Change the Oil.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Time to get over it my good man. :mex:
Try to focus on 1-2 years from now. ;)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Oilers had 3rd best odds at drafting McDavid and won. Are they the brilliant rebuilders as IN states had they not won the lottery and instead drafted that bum Strome?

The Canucks had the 3rd best odds at drafting Matthews, but ended picking 5th.
Had they won the lottery like the Oilers did the previous year, drafted Matthews, are the Canucks brilliant re-toolers on the fly?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:The Oilers had 3rd best odds at drafting McDavid and won. Are they the brilliant rebuilders as IN states had they not won the lottery and instead drafted that bum Strome?

Had they won the lottery like the Oilers did the previous year, drafted Matthews, are the Canucks brilliant re-toolers on the fly?

Just imagine if they had the 2nd overall pick and drafted Laine and followed that up with Matthews the next year. I'd venture the re-tool on the fly would have been heralded as brilliance.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:The Oilers had 3rd best odds at drafting McDavid and won. Are they the brilliant rebuilders as IN states had they not won the lottery and instead drafted that bum Strome?

The Oilers with Strome/ Marner are still MILES ahead of the Canucks. Wake the fuck up
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Just imagine if they had the 2nd overall pick and drafted Laine and followed that up with Matthews the next year. I'd venture the re-tool on the fly would have been heralded as brilliance.
But they didn't.... and nobody held a gun to Elmers dome and forced him to hang onto assets( Hamhuis ,Vrbata )or sell them for pennies on the dollar or to sign shitty players to long term contracts. You guys act like if the Canucks had gotten Laine or Mathews that the rebuild would be miles ahead of where it is now.And you'd be totally wrong
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:You guys act like if the Canucks had gotten Laine or Mathews that the rebuild would be miles ahead of where it is now.And you'd be totally wrong
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Damn, is Blotto McKenzie permanently Blottoed from years upon years of getting blottoed. "The Oilers are miles better than the Canucks had they drafted one of Strome or Marner"...yeah...right...whatever Otis.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Ya think?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hmm the Canucks with Matthews vs the Oilers with Strome. Hmmm who's future do you put your money on.

"But, But, But the Oilers are master rebuilders!" You go IN, you go Blotto
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Damn, is Blotto McKenzie permanently Blottoed from years upon years of getting blottoed. "The Oilers are miles better than the Canucks had they drafted one of Strome or Marner"...yeah...right...whatever Otis.

Yes.... yes they are. Go huff scotchguard with Doc and Berry Picker cuz as usual you are way out to lunch. Marner, Poolparty and Big Leon are way better than any Canucks young guy/ prospect.

SHARP AS A MARBLE!!
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:You guys act like if the Canucks had gotten Laine or Mathews that the rebuild would be miles ahead of where it is now.And you'd be totally wrong
I'm sorry Blobbo, you probably want a mulligan on that comment, because that was truly one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this here board.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote:
I'm sorry Blobbo, you probably want a mulligan on that comment, because that was truly one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this here board.
So the fact that they'd have one ,and ONLY ONE top line forward prospect instead of an alleged top line d prospect would propel the rebuild way, way further ahead. Wow, now I've heard it all. Maybe if they'd have made better picks with the actual picks they had they would also be in less of a mess.

Tkachuk and Nylander >>>>>>>> Virtanen and Juolevi.

But yeah let's just chalk it up to bad luck. LOL
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Holy cow .Bubbles, rest up, take 5, you're embarrassing yourself.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Holy cow .Bubbles, rest up, take 5, you're embarrassing me and all the other Elmer ballickers
Fixed
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Holy cow .Bubbles, rest up, take 5, you're embarrassing me and all the other Elmer ballickers
Fixed
Winnn!