Time to Change the Oil.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hmm the Canucks with Matthews vs the Oilers with Strome. Hmmm who's future do you put your money on.

"But, But, But the Oilers are master rebuilders!" You go IN, you go Blotto
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Damn, is Blotto McKenzie permanently Blottoed from years upon years of getting blottoed. "The Oilers are miles better than the Canucks had they drafted one of Strome or Marner"...yeah...right...whatever Otis.

Yes.... yes they are. Go huff scotchguard with Doc and Berry Picker cuz as usual you are way out to lunch. Marner, Poolparty and Big Leon are way better than any Canucks young guy/ prospect.

SHARP AS A MARBLE!!
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:You guys act like if the Canucks had gotten Laine or Mathews that the rebuild would be miles ahead of where it is now.And you'd be totally wrong
I'm sorry Blobbo, you probably want a mulligan on that comment, because that was truly one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this here board.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:You guys act like if the Canucks had gotten Laine or Mathews that the rebuild would be miles ahead of where it is now.And you'd be totally wrong
I'm sorry Blobbo, you probably want a mulligan on that comment, because that was truly one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this here board.
So the fact that they'd have one ,and ONLY ONE top line forward prospect instead of an alleged top line d prospect would propel the rebuild way, way further ahead. Wow, now I've heard it all. Maybe if they'd have made better picks with the actual picks they had they would also be in less of a mess.

Tkachuk and Nylander >>>>>>>> Virtanen and Juolevi.

But yeah let's just chalk it up to bad luck. LOL
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Holy cow .Bubbles, rest up, take 5, you're embarrassing yourself.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Holy cow .Bubbles, rest up, take 5, you're embarrassing me and all the other Elmer ballickers
Fixed
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Holy cow .Bubbles, rest up, take 5, you're embarrassing me and all the other Elmer ballickers
Fixed
Winnn!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Thank you !
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
ESQ wrote:
So the fact that they'd have one ,and ONLY ONE top line forward prospect instead of an alleged top line d prospect would propel the rebuild further ahead.
Matthews yes, imagine Toronto without Matthews? Nylander wouldn't be as awesome without the superstar Matthews leading the way.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Trying to figure that one out too.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Trying to figure that one out too.
Meaning it would be great to have Mathews/ Laine for sure. Then I guess Subban would be the teams best prospect on defence because Juolevi wouldn't be here. I thought Mathews was garbage anyways seeing as how he is constantly crapped on by Dude and Doc .

I don't deny the team would have been better with one of Mathews or Laine. I have a hard time believing that they'd be way better off. It's still a very thin system in terms of young guys who can make an impact right now or in the very near future.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

And the hole Bubbles is digging for himself is getting, deeper, deeper, deeper...

McDavid - Generational Player. Oilers with 3rd best odds win the lotto and draft him. IN sings the Oilers praises for a good rebuild

Matthews - Generational Player. Canucks with the 3rd best odds lose the lotto and don't get to draft Matthews. IN slams the Canucks rebuild

Turn the tables, Oilers lose lotto draft Hanafin, Canucks win the lotto draft Matthews, oh, just oh, how things would be different around here. The long and short of it? Luck baby luck!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah there's no hole ..... either way the depth of young impact players and prospects in Toronto and Edmonton is greater than Vancouver by a good margin. I'm done here. I'd have better luck trying to get a 3 year old to recite the Gettysburg Address than getting you to talk a modicum of common sense.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah there's no hole ..... either way the depth of young impact players and prospects in Toronto and Edmonton is greater than Vancouver by a good margin. I'm done here. I'd have better luck trying to get a 3 year old to recite the Gettysburg Address than getting you to talk a modicum of common sense.
I'll help you out a bit in saying that none of the above mentioned young stars would have done anywhere near as well
on the Canucks with the atrocious, deplorable on ice coaching and development system, or lack there of, that this team has had the last 2 years. Almost the worst I've ever seen!
Bo got good all on his own through his own will power and desire, not coaching or, ha, ha, mentoring!
Tryamkin gave up, simple as that.
My problem with the BenLinden duo is that they either didn't recognize "Houston We Have A Problem", or someone was stubborn and didn't do anything about it when clearly, it was real bad.
Green hasn't even coached a game yet and I at least have the solace in knowing, IT CAN'T GET WORSE !!
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I thought Mathews was garbage anyways seeing as how he is constantly crapped on by Dude and Doc .
Simply not true.

I've said dozens of times that the Leaves lucked-out in winning the lottery.

And that Matthews might end up with $14M-per if he keeps it up.

Sure I've pointed out a few times that he's a pigman...
____
Try to focus on someday.