US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Again with the diversion. So Obama was straightened out by the Military. Good, advice heeded! (Also, why can't you stop talking about Obama? You're starting to sound like Dude re:Gillis.)
Again: Not a diversion, but an opportunity to point out the leftist media bias.

What better way to do that than compare the treatment of the 2 most recent Presidents? :?

It took Obama a ridiculously long time to finally heed the Pentagon's advice (as my research proves)

... and yet this was all pretty much a non-story to the MSM.

This despite the fact rebel lives were lost (al-Tanf)

... due to the enhanced intel Obama gave Russia as part of the failed ceasefire.

We both know that if Trump carried on in similar fashion the MSM would be screaming bloody murder.

So until... if ever... we know what Trump said, this conversation is automatically about media propaganda.
Island Nucklehead wrote: This is about president Trump leaking protected intel directly to Russian intelligence.
What intel?

If we don't know, what is the point in discussing it?

Oh yes, because the MSM is again screaming about... something.

This conversation therefore must be all about the MSM.

(otherwise it's a conversation about nothing and this isn't Seinfeld)
Island Nucklehead wrote: I also find it funny that you're crying about the MSM being unfair towards Trump, yet using MSM sources to attack Obama. Seems to me it was reported, and is just not as big of a story...
It is hard to find MSM sources whispering about Obama's proven blunders in regards to Russia+Syria.

It is easy to find MSM sources SCREAMING about rumours in regards to a Trump conversation with Russia.

Is any of this getting through?
Island Nucklehead wrote: Also, you assume "enhanced information sharing" meant leaking classified intelligence without any process.
I'm not "assuming" anything (that's your department).
Island Nucklehead wrote: Obama was stupid to offer any information to the Russians, what does that make Trump for giving it to them without any vetting, planning, or consideration for sources?
What information did Trump give the Russians?

Oh right, you and I don't know! :lol:

But we do know (now, thanks to my research) that Obama gave them lots!

(and wanted to give them more!)

So yeah this is about the bias of the MSM and the impact on sheeple such as yourself. 8-)

Speaking of classified info + loose lips, a few posts ago I mentioned this Obama blunder:

http://www.americanpatriotdaily.com/lat ... ans-intel/

... barely a blip on the MSM screen, and they quickly dropped it altogether.

Be honest, what do you think the media would do to Trump if he made a similar ACTUAL blunder.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

American Patriot Daily... lol ok :thumbs:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: What intel?

If we don't know, what is the point in discussing it?
We do know.

The Telegraph wrote:Mr Trump discussed the classified information about an Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant plot to hide bombs in laptop computers on planes at an Oval Office meeting on May 10 with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
Jerusalem Post wrote:REPORT: ISRAELI INTEL OFFICIALS 'FURIOUS' OVER TRUMP LEAK TO RUSSIANS
Times of Israel wrote:‘Horrified’ Israeli intel officials ‘were shouting at US counterparts’ over Trump leak
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

"We do know."

You mean to tell me that... all this time... you've been talking about terrorists putting bombs in laptops! :lol:

That's been common knowledge for months! (lemmee guess, you only scan MSM for juicy Trump gossip).

Let me ask again:

Exactly what classified information did President Trump give to the Russians?

BTW your 4 headlines sound scary on the surface but...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/worl ... yaVNc&_r=0

“according to an unnamed current and a former American official”
“Israel has full confidence in our intelligence-sharing relationship with the United States and looks forward to deepening that relationship in the years ahead under President Trump,” said RonDermer, the Israeli ambassador to the United States.
“It was nothing that you would not know from open-source reporting in terms of a source of concern. And it had all to do with operations that are already ongoing, had been made public for months.”
“American and British authorities in March barred passengers from airports in 10 predominantly Muslim countries from carrying laptop computers, iPads and other devices larger than a cellphone aboard inbound flights to the United States after intelligence analysts concluded that the Islamic State was developing a type of bomb hidden in batteries.”
“(The two unnamed) officials said they had no specific knowledge of what Mr. Trump told the two senior Russian diplomats in the Oval Office last week”
“Former officials said it was not uncommon for presidents to unintentionally say too much in meetings”
“’What the president discussed with the foreign minister was wholly appropriate to that conversation and is consistent with the routine sharing of information between the president and any leaders with whom he’s engaged’” General McMaster said.
“Russia dismissed the reports. A spokeswoman for the Russian Foreign Ministry denied that Mr. Trump had given classified information to Russian officials”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05 ... -russians/

“(Unnamed) officials told the New York Times the ally who provided the details was Israel”
“Ron Dremer, Israel's Ambassador to the US, said it had "’full confidence in our intelligence-sharing relationship with the United States’" and looked forward to "’deepening that relationship in the years ahead under President Trump’"
“H.R. McMaster, Mr Trump's national security adviser, who was at the meeting with the Russian diplomats, said it was ‘wholly appropriate for Mr Trump to share the information and it in no way compromised intelligence sources or methods, or national security. I was in the room. We have an area of cooperation with Russia on transnational terrorist organisations - Isil in particular.’"

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Politi ... ans-492290

“An American defense official in military planning allegedly told the news website”
“according to a New York Times report, two (unnamed) US officials, one current and one former”
“Some have argued that Trump committed no wrong-doing, with National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster calling Trump's disclosure "’wholly appropriate.’"
“there has yet to be confirmation on the original source of the information, with speculation flying that it could be from Israel or from Jordan.”
“To [the Israeli Officials], ‘it's horrifying’ the source said”
“the anonymous source continued”
“There's been no collaboration on this issue”

http://www.timesofisrael.com/horrified- ... rump-leak/
“The Israelis reportedly shouted at their US counterparts according to the source”
“The Israeli government has not officially confirmed”
“Washington and Jerusalem have publicly brushed aside reports of the incident”
“Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman tweeted that the allies continue to have a deep, meaningful and unprecedented security relationship”
“No one thinks the incident will derail the long-standing alliance.”

LOL @ morons screaming impeachment based on rampant speculation based on unconfirmed unnamed sources
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:American Patriot Daily... lol ok :thumbs:
Well the other night I posted this version...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 31ef72234b

... but you completely ignored it.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: LOL @ morons screaming impeachment based on rampant speculation based on unconfirmed unnamed sources
You could do your same breakdown of the articles you posted.

"Senior American and Russian defense officials..."
"what one administration official called “enhanced information sharing”"
"Senior administration officials declined to discuss details of the proposal"
"Opponents to such coordination sense a Russian trap. Two U.S. defense officials explained to The Daily Beast.."

The media will continue to (rightly) hammer Trump for being an incompetent goof, and Doc will continue to cry "FAKE NEWS" about it.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Which brings us full circle.

Are you happy in the reality you have chosen Nucklehead, cuz hey that's the main thing amirite. :drink:

Okay, in that case, don't click on the following rarely talked about link...

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/20 ... embers-say
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I'm happier in fantasy than reality.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote:Which brings us full circle.

Are you happy in the reality you have chosen Nucklehead, cuz hey that's the main thing amirite. :drink:

Okay, in that case, don't click on the following rarely talked about link...

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/20 ... embers-say
Yeah, kinda like how the father of the Navy Seal killed in Trumps first botched raid laid the blame at POTUS' feet. It's unfortunate that you (and the news) politicize their pain. I'm not sure what bringing that into the discussion achieves, except to continue to try and make Trump look better because Obama wasn't perfect, either. Except in Trumps case, he showed incredible leadership by blaming the Generals.

Enjoy the thread, Doc. That's enough thinking on a thin-skinned, lying, wannabe-fascist strongman for me.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: I'm not sure what bringing that into the discussion achieves, except to continue to try and make Trump look better because Obama wasn't perfect, either.
I told you NOT TO CLICK ON THAT LINK!! :twisted:

Oh well.

Hopefully I have convinced you the reader that that the Trump-hating leftist media is heavy into propaganda.

And that most people have been brainwashed to some degree.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: I'm not sure what bringing that into the discussion achieves, except to continue to try and make Trump look better because Obama wasn't perfect, either.
I told you NOT TO CLICK ON THAT LINK!! :twisted:

Oh well.

Hopefully I have convinced you the reader that that the Trump-hating leftist media is heavy into propaganda.

And that most people have been brainwashed to some degree.
Fact: The media is full of propaganda and slant - always has been, always will be.

Fact: trump is ignorant, petty, childish piece of shit that has no business running a country.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Fact: The media is full of propaganda and slant - always has been, always will be.
Right as rain!
Cornuck wrote: Fact: trump is ignorant, petty, childish piece of shit that has no business running a country.
Wrong as MSM.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/woodw ... le/2623582

Bob (Watergate) Woodward, one of the most respected journalists in American history:

Veteran journalist Bob Woodward called on the national media Friday to keep focused on reporting straight news, after many reporters have revealed a bias against President Trump. Friday on MSNBC, Woodward said he knows of too many reporters who have strayed from objectivity and shown an excessive hostility toward the White House.

"Stick to the reporting," he said. "Stick to the reporting. … One of the realities we have here is we have a good, old newspaper war going, the New York Times and the Washington Post and some very powerful stories. At the same time, I think it's time to dial back a little bit about because there are people around ... who are kind of binge drinking the anti-Trump Kool-Aid. And that is not going to work in journalism. Let the politicians have that binge drinking."

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former White House Press Secretary Jay Carney.

ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama’s Deputy Press Secretary.

ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama’s Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood.

NBC General Counsel Kimberley D. Harris served as White House Deputy Counsel and Deputy Assistant to President Hussein Obama...

ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, Obama's National Security Adviser.
Susan Rice is the one who went on the Five Sunday talk shows blaming Benghazi on a video... A talking point put forth by Ben Rhodes Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.... See next:
Ben Rhodes is the guy responsible for floating out the video lie/narrative regarding Benghazi... No wonder CBS and the rest of the MSM didn't cover the story... Couldn't make Hussein Obama look incompetent, or worse, now could we. Oh, and by the way,

CBS News President David Rhodes just happens to be Ben Rhodes' brother.

Both CBS News President David Rhodes and ABC News President Ben Sherwood, have siblings that not only worked at the White House for President Obama, but they worked at the NSC on foreign policy issues directly related to Benghazi." The same agency from which General Flynn was just fired. Immagine that...Wonder who leaked the information?

CNBC vice president of communications Brian Steel worked in the Bill Clinton White House for Vice President Al Gore and held three different positions in the Clinton administration, including two in Clinton’s Department of Justice.

ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos donated $75,000 to the Clintons personal “charity” was a top operative in Bill Clinton’s 1992 presidential campaign and then served as communications director of his White House.

ABC News Reporter Martha Raddatz, Obama at her wedding. She also took it upon herself to debate Trump instead of sticking to her roll as moderator during the Presidential debate. She should have recused herself as a "moderator".

CNN Vice President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.

I can't confirm all of the above right now, but I see it posted a lot around the net...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
ABC ... yada yada ... XYZ.
I can't confirm all of the above right now, but I see it posted a lot around the net...
And you are happy in the reality you have chosen? :?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote:
Cornuck wrote: Fact: The media is full of propaganda and slant - always has been, always will be.
Right as rain!
Cornuck wrote: Fact: trump is ignorant, petty, childish piece of shit that has no business running a country.
Wrong as MSM.

...non-related comments...
I've had this opinion for years, (decades?) - I didn't need the media to remind me.

As for their 'anti-trump koolaid' - when he brands the media as an enemy of the people, they will get defensive. Bus Bob mentions in your quotes, there's a lot of big stories going on. ;)

He's ignorant - fact: he doesn't understand history, context or much else about the world is now a big part of.

He's petty - I think his tweets speak for themselves (no media spin required), ratings, crowd size, personal attacks on anyone who criticizes him.

He's childish - see note above

He's a piece of shit - not literally, so this can't be proven as fact. How about just the fact he'd rather go golfing most weekends than see his son?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."