The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yawn more hot air and drivel .......
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Blob, not starting a war, but a point of curiosity.. what do you consider fair value for Tanev? (or Edler, for that matter?)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote:Blob, not starting a war, but a point of curiosity.. what do you consider fair value for Tanev? (or Edler, for that matter?)
A top 10 pick or a mid first rounder and a teams top 3 prospect for Tanev.

A late first and a decent prospect or 2 2nds and a decent prospect for Edler. I don't advocate trading either unless you get a good deal. If you could do Tanev and Baertschi/Granlund for Drouin I'd be all over it.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:Blob, not starting a war, but a point of curiosity.. what do you consider fair value for Tanev? (or Edler, for that matter?)

A late first and a decent prospect or 2 2nds and a decent prospect for Edler. I don't advocate trading either unless you get a good deal. If you could do Tanev and Baertschi/Granlund for Drouin I'd be all over it.

Knowing Tampa is up against the cap (you have to take salary back) would you do your Tanev (or substitute Edler) trade for Drouin and Garrison (Garrison is their salary dump)??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

^^^

No, not Tanev. I'd do Tanev for Drouin plus a pick to take a cap dump. Edler ya I'd do your deal.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Love to see Drouin here but SY is a monster to deal with.
Although, he must be feeling the pressure now so maybe. ;)
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

micky107 wrote:Love to see Drouin here but SY is a monster to deal with.
Yup Drouin is going to be dealt, Yzerman is gonna feel the Tampa heat by the owner Jeffrey Vinik to get this dealt with, so the Lightning can start the 2017/18 season with no drama or contract hold outs.

Lots of talk about Anaheim but Fowler going to be a UFA in a year, Lindholm is untouchable, Theodore would be the main target, but SY probably wants more than him.
Manson will be 26 in Oct, he's like Tanev a defensive dman, but will only avg 15-18 pts per.
23 year old 6'0 rookie Montour is supposed to be a QB type but poor defensively.
Vatanen is a good chip, but injury woes and is tiny.

Hutton is 2 years older than Theodore, both 6'2, Huts imo is great option for the Lightning, pair him with Stralman on the 2nd pairing.
Ben Hutton is due for at least a 30+ point season, he's scored 24 pts rookie season, sophomore slump still got 19 points, he's got a great motor, plays best when he gets angry ha.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:
Yup Drouin is going to be dealt, Yzerman is gonna feel the Tampa heat by the owner Jeffrey Vinik to get this dealt with, so the Lightning can start the 2017/18 season with no drama or contract hold outs.

Lots of talk about Anaheim but Fowler going to be a UFA in a year, Lindholm is untouchable, Theodore would be the main target, but SY probably wants more than him.
Manson will be 26 in Oct, he's like Tanev a defensive dman, but will only avg 15-18 pts per.
23 year old 6'0 rookie Montour is supposed to be a QB type but poor defensively.

Hutton is 2 years older than Theodore, both 6'2, Huts imo is great option for the Lightning, pair him with Stralman on the 2nd pairing.
Ben Hutton is due for at least a 30+ point season, he's scored 24 pts rookie season, sophomore slump still got 19 points, he's got a great motor, plays best when he gets angry ha.
Small printing it eh?

I too think Hutton maybe the bargaining chip to try and land Drouin. Age being the biggest factor. Honestly I'd be all for it but it doesn't solve our problem of the protection list. I'd still love to see Benning move out Sbisa for whatever, at least a 2nd, I think anyway. If we accept Edler is a long shot to move and Tanev is a calming minute eating influence who still has one contract in him, at least, after this one he is a good soldier to build around.

Moving out two lefties opens room for Juolevi and Pedan. Still a young unproven D core but if it lands us Drouin and a pick go for hit. But cap may be tight after we re-sign Horvat, Gudbranson and the newly acquired Drouin.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote:

Seriously can ya stop with the small print.

It's hard to read on the cell.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Knowing Tampa is up against the cap (you have to take salary back) would you do your Tanev (or substitute Edler) trade for Drouin and Garrison (Garrison is their salary dump)??
I don't think Yzerman would do the deal for Edler. I'd probably take back Garrison or Callahan as a cap dump but they'd have to throw in a pick as well. Maybe a second or third rounder , Vancouver can send a warm body the other way either Baertschi or Granlund.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Martin Necas

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:Necas is the sleeper in this draft IMO, and some think Pettersen as well as he gets downgraded due to his stringbean body but is up there in skillset with Necas and Hischier
When it's all said and done I believe Necas will be the better center over Glass and Mittelstadt.
With five points in five games at last year’s World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, and six points in four games in helping the Czechs win the Ivan Hlinka tournament, Martin Necas has shone on the international stage.

He added three points in five games at the World Juniors, and was impressive given his underage status in that tournament. Necas was also outstanding in the five nations tournament, as he was one of the best players on the ice throughout.
Skating

Necas is an outstanding skater with a good stride along with excellent agility and balance. He has very good speed, and good acceleration. Necas has a powerful lower body, allowing him to win battles on the boards and in front of the net. This should only improve with time, as he adds more muscle to what is generally a pretty skinny frame right now. Necas can use his agility and edgework to get around defenders. Once he gets a step, his ability to change speeds and quickly accelerate allows him to drive to the front of the net.

Offensive Game

Necas can handle the puck and make plays while moving at top speed. His hands are quick, and soft; and he protects the puck well. This makes him extremely dangerous on the rush. Necas has excellent vision and makes tough passes through tight areas. He is very creative with his passing game, and can find openings that other players wouldn’t try. He can also be dangerous as a shooter with a quick release on both his wrist and snap shots.
Necas is projected to go from 5-15. Craig Button who had Virtanen going in the 40's range, projects #3! for Necas.

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-lots-of- ... r-1.702428
Button:
Martin Necas, who has played the entire season with Brno in the Czech Extraliga, the highest league in the Czech Republic, moves one spot up from our January rankings to land in third.

Necas (seven goals and eight assists in 41 games) has a style of game that reminds me of Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux.

He has a high skill level, can finish or create, and has a desire to find some way to make an impact in every game he plays.
6'1, right shot center Necas will be somewhat of a reach at #5 but should be a superb pick up for this rebuilding team if they choose him.

Button good analysis on Necas

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Watched the Windsor/ST John Memorial Cup game tonight. If Vilardi is considered a top prospect the Canucks should trade their pick. Not impressed.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:Watched the Windsor/ST John Memorial Cup game tonight. If Vilardi is considered a top prospect the Canucks should trade their pick. Not impressed.
Also remember Gabe (Aug 1999) is almost a full year younger than Nolan Patrick (Sept 1998).

Vilardi bicardi gonna rip it up next season.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I can't see how Vilardi can fix his skating, it looks unfixable. Canucks should take a gamble on Necas. Avoid the safe pick and roll the dice, the kids skill set is much higher than Vilardi, Glass and Middlestadts.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Glass or Heiskanen. If both are gone take Makar or trade down.