Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Maybe he looked around one morning and felt like Gulliver in Lilliput....and just like Gulliver all he wanted was to go home
If you need air...call it in
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I thought he was the second best defenseman on the Canucks, after Tanev. Totally NHL ready and could play on any club. Going away to Russia to develop is nothing anyone was taking about prior to his signing with the KHL so that seems like a crap rationalization after the fact. He was developing just fine here. Huge loss! Miller seemed to really like him. Won't be surprised if this affects Miller choice of team, and he resigns elsewhere, which is what I want, but not for the reason that the management failed to resign Tryamkin.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It really is a gut punch out of nowhere. But let's breakdown what is being written by various sources.

1) Trymakin felt he was in shape to start the season and was surprised and confused by the Canucks sitting him for the first ten games.

2) Canucks tried, publicly and privately, to pressure Trymakin to go to Utica to start the season. It appears, rightly or wrongly, they wanted him in Utica.

3) Trymakin was upset and wanted to go back to Russia but the Canucks refused to let him out of his contract.

4) Injuries happen, he gets into the lineup. He becomes one of our more consistent Dmen but out of Hutton, Stetcher, Sbisa, Edler, Tanev, he gets the least amount of ice time, just under 17 minutes a night. Some games he play 11-12 minutes, other he's up at 20 minutes. He doesn't understand why.

5) he has issues with both Willie and Lidster.

6) he is very very close to his family, especially his grandparents who he wants to be able to spend more time with.

7) His wife misses Russia.

8) Russia is trying to get as many players back in the KHL with promises of an Olympic roster spot. Winning gold at the Olympics is a national duty. Playing in the KHL now would give him a huge shot at doing this.

9 He's 22, reluctant to come to the NHL in the first place, homesick, full of national pride, unhappy with how's he perceived the Canucks have treated him, newly married, on a losing team with a direction he doesn't understand.

Canucks claim it was family reasons. They aren't going to say much else. Trymakin says it's frustration with the Canucks and family reasons. A few reporters are saying they saw this developing right from the start of the season but that Trymakin didn't talk much, or make an effort to talk much. One reporter says he had hoped
picking up Goldobin would help. Rumours are that the contract cap and term were not an issue.

We may never know and I have no inside info to offer up a more accurate or complete picture. But it sounds more and more that "family" reasons was part of the problem but certainly, not by a long stretch, the whole problem. The lure of Olympics certainly plays into this. But it appears the bigger issue is Trymakin's perceived treatment by the Canucks was the catalyst. And it was more than coaching because that issue was resolved. This started by the pressure being placed on him to go to Utica and festered all season. Was the pressure warranted or was Trymakin being unrealistic in his expectations and unwilling to earn his roster spot?

Let's hope in two years he's ready to come back. I feel the way I did when Bourdon died. This really sucks.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Damn, Tryamkinsoraus was one of my fave Canucks this past season. It seems like my fave Canucks these days always ends up traded, leaving by free agency or simply doesn't want to play here any more. I really liked his monstrous game and his potential was scary.

I am a bit surprised by this move. At the players' year end interviews, he said he planned to stay with the Canucks and he really seemed to like his teammates. I guess he had to hide his true motives cuz the press probably would have been all over him if he said he was looking @ returning to Russia. Anyways, hopefully he comes back in a year or 2. Maybe once the Olympics are over, he'd look @ coming back. I guess we don't really need him anytime soon anyways as our team is rebuilding. Hopefully he'll come back when our team is treading upwards again and then his contributions to the team would be much more impactful.

Boy, we really have bad luck with our latest Russian imports: Kirill Koltsov, Artem Chubarov and now Tryamkin. I can see why MG stayed away with them.
bckev
CC Veteran

Post by bckev »

I like Tryamkin but I think he is over estimating his ability at this point in time. I think if they can trade his rights and get good value, I would do it. If they can't then you hold on and hope he comes back and that he has improved and matured in his time back home. I am curious how long a contract he signed.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

bckev wrote:I like Tryamkin but I think he is over estimating his ability at this point in time. I think if they can trade his rights and get good value, I would do it. If they can't then you hold on and hope he comes back and that he has improved and matured in his time back home. I am curious how long a contract he signed.

His rights are worth shit. A fifth or six rounder. Perhaps a conditional pick, if he signs, if he plays x games, that sort of thing. Then maybe a second. But right now he's worth shit in a trade.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Just bad luck I guess. I don't blame Elmer for this as some people are. Willie made an idiotic comment after the Dallas game but that shouldn't have caused this. Probably a lot of factors at play here. Maybe in a few years he has a change of heart. I would be offering E G 12 million over 3 years now though.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Canucks were heavily pursuing Darren Raddysh before Trymakin left, I bet they step that up once his playoffs are done.
Yeah sounds like Raddysh really wants to sign here, that would ease the blow of trams ditching the nhl...for now.

Sbisa can go to Las Vegas still.

Deal Edler or Tanev still to a veteran contender, continue on the rebuild of moving vets for youth/picks/prospects, sign a veteran defensive dman two years.
Where have you heard that Raddyish wants to sign here ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
SKYO wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Canucks were heavily pursuing Darren Raddysh before Trymakin left, I bet they step that up once his playoffs are done.
Yeah sounds like Raddysh really wants to sign here, that would ease the blow of trams ditching the nhl...for now.

Deal Edler or Tanev still to a veteran contender, continue on the rebuild of moving vets for youth/picks/prospects, sign a veteran defensive dman two years.
Ya that was interesting. I've read Vancouver is on his list as he is being heavily pursued but I haven't heard he really wants to sign here. There are a number of teams further along in their development that would offer him a better option, fit and rankings wise I mean.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO hitting the bong hard tonight, seeing things that aren't really there like Raddysh sitting cross legged on a shaggy magic carport flying into the YVR.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
SKYO wrote:

From news1130.

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors- ... 017/04/20/
Rick Dhaliwal:
Just talked with Erie Otters defenseman Darren Raddysh who has lots of NHL teams after his services including the #Canucks.

Raddysh on what type of D he is : "Kind of stay at home defenseman but this year I have developed my offense."

A lot of teams are interested in free agent, Erie Otters defenseman Darren Raddysh, including the Vancouver Canucks.

Raddysh on the Canucks interest: “I have had teammates sign in VAN, they say good things about the organization.”

Raddysh: “My goal next year is to play the highest level I can, if I sign with VAN or any team it will be a dream come true.”

+++
Raddysh says he thinks Olli Juolevi played 45 minutes last night in game 7, "he's elite and skilled and has a bright future."
So I guess I should have said MIGHT want to sign here/good odds. :mrgreen:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Raddysh? Sure why not. Can't hurt to have more D prospects even if they aren't top ones. He's had a hell of a year so perhaps he took a major step forward in his development and has more room to grow.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Tomlinson with some interesting insights on Tryamkin.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040- ... n-1.729621
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Soapy wrote: Family issues is a complete lie....
HAHA wut?

Ruskies gonna ruskie...
Soapy wrote: Check out the city of Yekatinburg.... its Winnipeg...
... it's his hometown. :D
Soapy wrote: Tryamkin was treated like crap.
Lol omg yeahno Nikita was totally coddled dude...
Soapy wrote: Who on the defense has more upside ?? No one
Well I suppose if he ever becomes everything you hope he becomes, he'll likely come back

... Canucks hold his NHL rights for 5 more years bro!

Two year bridge deal over here or develop at home in the bosom of his family?

So listen Soapy, don't you EVER give up on your Nikita dreams!

Genius move to ensure Trammer is exempt from the 2019 Expansion Draft...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Nope; Don't buy any of this soap opera garbage.
Maybe all contributing factors but it should and IMO, could have been worked out.
A wing and a prayer hope that a better Tryamkin comes back in two or three years is NOT genius!!!! :evil:
Even Blob is giving a pass to management on this. :shock:
I think they got caught with their pants down and if that makes me a loner, so be it.
Even my own 27 year old son is against me on this.
I think the virtual silence from the team today means they are in total damage control mode.
I'm sure a splendid, choreographed, speech will be available for our consumption shortly. mmm, no smiley for fake.
I will always think the right contract would have got the job done and it probably should have happened quite some time ago. This was a tricky one and they knew it, how could they not. To leave it til the end of the year was short-sighted, IMO.
Personally, I hope it changes and he's back for camp.
If not, I can already predict my favorite line next year;
It'll start with IF ONLY.
"evolution"