Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
I am beginning to understand why this is called the fantasy thread...
Nice contribution.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Ok, then point out when an 'agressive GM, has had a 'Trade Bonanza' after playoffs, where said GM in the playoffs was not selling off the pieces of the playoff team that is now out of the playoffs (ie, the Hawks annual cap sales)

Those teams don't want our 4+million dollar players for picks and prospects, they are too busy trying to sell THIER expensive (or soon to be) players...

So, since your 'bonanza' comment is based in la-la land, my contribution is to simply be direct in calling your post retarded, and then to thank you for reaffirming my pleasure that you are not our GM.

Thank you, I would rather have Benning (even with his mistakes) than you.

Now carry on.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

LoL you're such a petty petty man mad, just caused I pissed you off one time now you hold onto a grudge forever types I see.

The fact you pin pointed on bonanza and end of playoffs to attack me is brutal.

Allllll I'm saying is there is a market for Edler and Tanev, IF you can't see that - then you by far are the biggest fucking idiot on this board & should stick to CDC and HF with your petty bullshit.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Shit Skyo - just 'cause there's no trades going down and you're jonesing for it... don't take it out on everyone else.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote:LoL you're such a petty petty man mad, just caused I pissed you off one time now you hold onto a grudge forever types I see.

The fact you pin pointed on bonanza and end of playoffs to attack me is brutal.

Allllll I'm saying is there is a market for Edler and Tanev, IF you can't see that - then you by far are the biggest fucking idiot on this board & should stick to CDC and HF with your petty bullshit.

Sorry to correct you, but You have never pissed me off, nor do I hold grudges. Those are for lesser people. I Just pointed out that bonanza's at the end of playoffs is silly. When pressed for details on it, I gave them. Sorry if those details made you look stupid, you sure seemed to need them as my one sentence reply was obviously not enough for you.

I have been driving the trade Edler bus for a couple years now. There has been a market for him for a while. (I will debate the value of said market - a few months ago it was WAY higher around here for some than it should have been) and will maintain that we hold onto Tanev for a couple years until we know what lineup hole we need filled as Tanev will still have higher trade value in a couple years to fill said need.

As to the biggest idiot, well, I am not too worried about your opinion about a person as that opinion seems to flip flop weekly anyways...

So, you just keep on overvaluing players and trading them ten times and enjoy the shit out of your fantasy!!

Carry on!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yes stay outta the trade and rumour/fantasy thread if you don't like trade ideals, those who don't like trade ideals typically stay out for that reason.

I appreciate thoughtful feedback and debate, but if you want to name call and act like a child about it, I can play that game too, but that gets tiresome.

Lots of folks here want Edler gone, but NTC, likely one team maybe two he'll accept a trade to, if you can't get a decent return, just keep him to play with Stecher, they form a decent pairing.

Tanev trades, even the local beat writers on jumping on board with dealing him while his value is still pretty high.
If you can get a young power forward for him I'd say do it.

Since the team is likely to not contend anytime soon, trading Tanev for maximum value now is key, especially since he hasn't had any major injuries lately, best capitalize on that.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I want to clear I was the first to want Edler gone, since the lost to Boston in the playoffs.

Not only am I the driver of the bus, I made the bus.

Really pisses me off when people jump on my wagon :mrgreen:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Reefer2 wrote:I want to clear I was the first to want Edler gone, since the lost to Boston in the playoffs.

Atta boy reef... grab those reins..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reefer2 wrote:I want to clear I was the first to want Edler gone, since the lost to Boston in the playoffs.

Thought it was Mëds?? :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Reefer all stressed out on fourtwenty :lol:

Try a sativa bro those indicas are trippin you out
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blackhawks fans and maybe Bowman want to shake things up a bit with their core.

People thinking 32 yr old Seabrook would be first to move, but his contract is gross.

I think with the infamous change of scenery! Seabrook could do well on another team.

So if they want to get younger I'd offer up one shiny 25 year old *Erik Gudbranson and one of the wingers like Grans.

Pair up Huts with Seabrook as the new top pairing.
Edler - Stecher #2.

This could open new options like dealing Tanev still for a nice haul.
food for thought | *or swap tanev-guds.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote:32 yr old Seabrook... his contract is gross.
What the F does this do for us, Skyo?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Seabrook would probably be our best dman for the next five, six years.

It's extremely rare to acquire a dman like Seabrook, he'd most likely be our top points guy on defense for awhile too till Hutty and Stecher get more confident.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote:Seabrook would probably be our best dman for the next five, six years.

It's extremely rare to acquire a dman like Seabrook, he'd most likely be our top points guy on defense for awhile too till Hutty and Stecher get more confident.
If that's the case, Juolevi will have been another wasted pick.

There's also the NMC...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Nah Juolevi won't be top material for at least 3-4 years or so, if you look at the Euro comparable's in the league of bigger two-way types, not a waste.

Seabrook is better than Edler, Gudbranson and Tanev and will be the best dman here till Juo is ready to take over the reigns or Tryamkin decides to come back in two or three years. *A local BC boy to be a part of a rebuild, already has 3 cups so he doesn't have to chase one on a contender, for those reason's I think he'd waive to come to here.
Last edited by SKYO on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.