Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Hockey Widow »

Canucks were heavily pursuing Darren Raddysh before Trymakin left, I bet they step that up once his playoffs are done.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

It's possible more info will be coming this afternoon.

It's easy to cite many things but I'll still be waiting to hear what the 2 year offer was.
I'm going to bet it was identical to that given to Hutton and explained that this is what we offered Ben after his first full year, so this is what we're offering you.
Not even close to good enough, not for a guy with virtually no ceiling and a tremendous fan favorite, but wait!
WE DON'T HAVE THE CAP SPACE.
Horvat was invited to the Worlds but declined because he needed to concentrate on his negotiations with the Canucks.
Still a lot of work to do in signing RFAs and being able to field a team for next year.

Without Eriksson, would we have been worse? What is, or would have been wrong, in keeping 6 million plus in cap space when you are rebuilding a team, "properly".
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Canucks were heavily pursuing Darren Raddysh before Trymakin left, I bet they step that up once his playoffs are done.
Yeah sounds like Raddysh really wants to sign here, that would ease the blow of trams ditching the nhl...for now.

Sbisa can go to Las Vegas still.

Deal Edler or Tanev still to a veteran contender, continue on the rebuild of moving vets for youth/picks/prospects, sign a veteran defensive dman two years.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote:
rats19 wrote:This really pisses me off... he's a fucking baby whiner... oh and thanks twitchy
We will never know the truth. Tryamkin might want to be back home to his wife or language and culture are still a problem for him. Indeed, this is a huge blow to the Canucks defense. Pedan might finally have his chance now.

I wonder Tryamkin has an out clause that he can still sign with the Canucks before the season starts.
As far as I know there is no agreement in place between the KHL and NHL. I believe players can retire from either league and go join the other.....the team they are retiring from simply owns their rights if they return. If ircc the Canucks own Tryamkin's rights until 2022.

This is indeed a kick in the biscuits. There is obviously more to this than just ice time though. If he was pissed about his ice time, and the coach that wouldn't play him has just been shown the door, it makes no sense to depart because you don't think you'll get your playing time.

Either he got a low-ball offer from Jimbo in early talks, or he simply wants to go home. I'm betting the former because h was fairly matter-of-fact the other day about not wanting to go back to the KHL and wanting to play in the NHL.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

To me it seems pretty obvious to keep his hot wifey happy...
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

To me the offer wasn't good enough. Have to think Gillis would have found a way to keep him around. Sorry to say, I put this one on Benning. This is very disappointing.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I am just speculating, but playing in a winning culture opposed to a rebuild would probably have helped.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Russian factor. Really sucks to lose a quality youngster, but that's the reality when you draft Russians. Dallas in the same boat with Nishchushkinninshinin.

Hard to pin this one on Benning, without knowing what the offer was and how his exit interviews went. If he had problems with the coaching staff, firing Willie should have assuaged any concerns. Although, if Benning/Willie were on the same page it might be a reason for the RIFT.

The Canucks gave him as much as they could, didn't ship him to the minors, gifted him a NHL spot with NHL money. I don't know what he was expecting when it came to ice-time and deployments, but for all his promise he wasn't exactly a Tyler Myers or Zdeno Chara.
Madcombinepilot wrote:I am just speculating, but playing in a winning culture opposed to a rebuild would probably have helped.
:lol: Didn't you know? This IS a #winningculture.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Family issues is a complete lie....
His wife doesn't want to live in Vancouver?? Lies.... look at her Instagram account.... seems pretty happy
and she has no language issues.... at least on the internet

Check out the city of Yekatinburg.... its Winnipeg... and he is not making more money (maybe with our tax laws)

Tryamkin was treated like crap.
Who on the defense has more upside ?? No one....
They should have played him more... The Canucks were going to lose anyway.
Now they have lost another player for NOTHING.... an NHL player!! Not a prospect, not a draft pick.... a player.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Also.... if the Canucks had any indication that he might go back to Russia....
why not trade him at the deadline for ANYTHING !!
What playoff team would not want him for depth....
-- Winston Churchill
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Pretty rough day to be a Canucks fan. You expect the disappointment of losing the draft lottery but this one came out of nowhere. Tryamkin was the most exciting defenceman prospect in a long time. Pretty hard to replace a player like that. What a shame.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

I might be way out on a ledge with this one, but as someone who enjoys following American politics I've often wondered if the blow back from the Russians meddling in American politics could impact some of their players decisions to stay or come to North America?..

I can see how some Russian players might feel uncomfortable living in North America, especially those playing in US cities and it might be especially uncomfortable for the wives, especially when their husbands are on the road...

Not to mention their school age children....

Take care...
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Soapy wrote:Also.... if the Canucks had any indication that he might go back to Russia....
If Benning traded him for <anything>, and Tryamkin then stayed with his new team, Benning would have been roasted for it by fans and media who knew nothing (except for alleged rumours of discontent in the dressing room) about what really happened.

Russian players. You win some, you lose some.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Soapy wrote:Also.... if the Canucks had any indication that he might go back to Russia....
If Benning traded him for <anything>, and Tryamkin then stayed with his new team, Benning would have been roasted for it by fans and media who knew nothing (except for alleged rumours of discontent in the dressing room) about what really happened.

Russian players. You win some, you lose some.
Totally agree.
My point is that they got nothing....
even if he stayed with the new team we would have SOMETHING !!
-- Winston Churchill
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Soapy wrote: My point is that they got nothing....
even if he stayed with the new team we would have SOMETHING !!
I'd rather keep his rights and let him develop over in the KHL so if/when he decides to come back we could have a more developed tryamkin and one heck of a dman, + the team will be in a better position in the rebuild in a couple years. That's when I think we'll see the return of the tryamking.