Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 16-17 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Sportsnet‏@Sportsnet
According to reports, Jack Eichel isn't interested in re-signing with the Sabres if Dan Bylsma stays on as coach. http://sprtsnt.ca/2oVBYdK
Eichel might be available but the Canucks might not have enough assets to trade for him. Would Tanev + this year first rounder be enough to start the conversation? :mrgreen:
You know, I think it just might! Not just because I personally do but I'm considering in to it that to some organizations, would be hesitant getting involved with a young player who would say such a thing.
That is of course if this turns out to be true.
Smoke some more meth
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Sportsnet‏@Sportsnet
According to reports, Jack Eichel isn't interested in re-signing with the Sabres if Dan Bylsma stays on as coach. http://sprtsnt.ca/2oVBYdK
Eichel might be available but the Canucks might not have enough assets to trade for him. Would Tanev + this year first rounder be enough to start the conversation? :mrgreen:
You know, I think it just might! Not just because I personally do but I'm considering in to it that to some organizations, would be hesitant getting involved with a young player who would say such a thing.
Smoke some more meth
Blob, did it ever occur to you that it might be just that he wants out of that dirty town?
"evolution"
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

micky107 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Sportsnet‏@Sportsnet
Smoke some more meth
Blob, did it ever occur to you that it might be just that he wants out of that dirty town?
That's not the issue with the statement. It's thinking Tanev and a 1st would be enough. There's 28 other teams that would offer more and Eichel has zero say in who Buffalo asks for if they'd ever even entertain the idea of trading him.

The Sabres would be equated to meth addicts themselves if they simply took Tanev and this years 1st. They should be able to get the equivalent of 3-4 1st rounders!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Aaronp18 wrote: That's not the issue with the statement. It's thinking Tanev and a 1st would be enough. There's 28 other teams that would offer more and Eichel has zero say in who Buffalo asks for if they'd ever even entertain the idea of trading him.

The Sabres would be equated to meth addicts themselves if they simply took Tanev and this years 1st. They should be able to get the equivalent of 3-4 1st rounders!
Depends on where our 1st lands. If we stay in the top-2, then Tanev or Edler + our 1st almost certainly would START the conversation.....by no means would it finish the conversation.

Eichel was 2nd overall, he went behind McDavid. They both went to teams that had some serious young talent but were considered bottom feeders. McDavid + McLellan + 2 vets, have turned Edmonton around. Eichel + Bylsma + a few vets, have not turned Buffalo around. Eichel's value is often overestimated because of the pre-draft hype regarding him and McDavid. He's a very good young player, and he probably will become a point-per-game player for the majority of his career (57 in 61 this season), but I'm not sold on him being the franchise level center that McDavid is.

That being said, I would happily give up our pick this year, any roster player not named Horvat, and any prospect not named Boeser, Demko, or Juolevi, in exchange for Eichel. I would even throw in future pick.

Eichel + Horvat would be a killer top 2 for the future.

Edler/Tanev + 1st (2017) + Virtanen + 2nd (2018)? What ya think AP18, that getting closer?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Eichel will re-sign, the Sabres will have to make it work, and their owner isn't going to pay Dan Bylsma $3m bucks a season for the next 3 years for nothing.

So the owner is probably peeved & will force Tim Murray to settle the differences between Eich and Bylsma or else, plus Eichel's agent just said:
Eichel agent says no truth to reports he won't negotiate extension with #Sabres with Bylsma as coach.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote:Eichel will re-sign, the Sabres will have to make it work, and their owner isn't going to pay Dan Bylsma $3m bucks a season for the next 3 years for nothing.

So the owner is probably peeved & will force Tim Murray to settle the differences between Eich and Bylsma or else, plus Eichel's agent just said:
Eichel agent says no truth to reports he won't negotiate extension with #Sabres with Bylsma as coach.
Still gotta think; Where there's smoke-------------------------------------right?
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Now I can't find the damn thing but not long before the season ended or maybe when it did, (can't remember),
Eichel very strongly blamed mostly himself for the season...
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote:
SKYO wrote:Eichel will re-sign, the Sabres will have to make it work, and their owner isn't going to pay Dan Bylsma $3m bucks a season for the next 3 years for nothing.

Still gotta think; Where there's smoke-------------------------------------
There's meth
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
micky107 wrote:

There's meth
Or crack, or weed, or PCP, or......
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Looks like it's a shit storm brewing in Sabres land between the young guys and Bylsma.

They don't his systems etc, DB benched Reinhart an entire game one time when he was a few minutes late for morning meeting.

Lord of the flies - Diva Eichel could be the low-key ring leader of the anti-dan b movement.

In any case seems like the owner could take matters in his own hands like he did with the bills and Rex Ryan, didn't even fucking tell the GM and fired the coach LOL, now you think the aquabros are involved...bruh

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills ... -had-clue/
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mëds wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
micky107 wrote:

There's meth
Or crack, or weed, or PCP, or......
You guys would know more about that world then I.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Even with Tryamkin gone I still think the team can deal a dman for a big guy up front, but it would be a bigger package deal where we acquire a young dman in return as well.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

SKYO wrote:Even with Tryamkin gone I still think the team can deal a dman for a big guy up front, but it would be a bigger package deal where we acquire a young dman in return as well.
Perhaps more to the point, even with Tryamkin gone, Tanev has peaked and projects to have short career that is unlikely to last until the Canucks are good again, so it would be better asset management to trade him sooner.

Except that he has already played too long to have a short career, a similar argument applies to Edler.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
SKYO wrote:Even with Tryamkin gone I still think the team can deal a dman for a big guy up front, but it would be a bigger package deal where we acquire a young dman in return as well.
Perhaps more to the point, even with Tryamkin gone, Tanev has peaked and projects to have short career that is unlikely to last until the Canucks are good again, so it would be better asset management to trade him sooner.

Except that he has already played too long to have a short career, a similar argument applies to Edler.
Yup, all the more reason to see what teams can offer for Edler or Tanev's services, could be a big draft deal bonanza, or even towards the end of the playoffs with a aggressive GM wanting to make a deal.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: could be a big draft deal bonanza, or even towards the end of the playoffs with a aggressive GM wanting to make a deal.

I am beginning to understand why this is called the fantasy thread...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.