Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by 5thhorseman »

Well, that sucks! But if he was demanding 20+ minutes of icetime, I wonder how much $$$ he would've been asking for in his next contract. Wonder if we'll trade his rights now?
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

micky107 wrote:I saw this coming ...
So how come you didn't post anything about it?
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

We seem to be developing a bad pattern of promising young defencemen disappearing.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

This really pisses me off... he's a fucking baby whiner... oh and thanks twitchy
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

5thhorseman wrote:
I did in regards to how much money he would be seeking in a new contract.
As yet, no one has brought that up in the media.

Fans are upset. They should be.
This is a huge blow and an devastating example of how NOT to bring your most talented, (gifted), fan favorite players along. Stupid would be an understatement.
He was a top 4, (at least) on this team and should have been treated that way.
If he wanted 4 million per year and a top 4 role, I would have given it to him.
The only 2 defensemen on this team that I saw that could anchor a powerplay were Stecher and Tryamkin.
Edler is playing like an old man. It's not Tanev's game, and seems it never will be. Maybe Hutton under a less bench ya if you make a mistake situation.
I'm really mad about this and there's more that will be coming out, I'm sure but Linden keeps talking about building a new culture and that is exactly what he is not doing. Too much respect for vets that don't contribute enough now or anymore, W/E. And I still say bullshit for these vets calling guys out through the media. Wrong culture.
Change the culture FFS. Dump the Sedin's ritual pre-game soccer shit, change everything.
I'm sure there was a chat with Tramp after the season but will we hear about it? The truth that is.
Again!!!!!! The only defense men directing traffic and trying to create plays were Stech and Tramp.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"evolution"
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

What great news to wake up to.

Fucking team should have known what was going on and realized that giant, good defencemen don't come along often.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

rats19 wrote:This really pisses me off... he's a fucking baby whiner... oh and thanks twitchy
We will never know the truth. Tryamkin might want to be back home to his wife or language and culture are still a problem for him. Indeed, this is a huge blow to the Canucks defense. Pedan might finally have his chance now.

I wonder Tryamkin has an out clause that he can still sign with the Canucks before the season starts.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Larsen also gone to the K. Not sure that's a concern, but...
micky107 wrote:...I'm really mad about this and there's more that will be coming out, I'm sure but Linden keeps talking about building a new culture and that is exactly what he is not doing. Too much respect for vets that don't contribute enough now or anymore, W/E. And I still say bullshit for these vets calling guys out through the media. Wrong culture.
Change the culture FFS. Dump the Sedin's ritual pre-game soccer shit, change everything.
Good grief Mick.. go get another morning coffee, or something. The guy wasn't much of a team player right from day one. His attitude is, and was, a little odd. You would think he'd be excited about the prospects for next year with a new coach.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:The Juolevi pick looks reeeeeaaaaallll good now eh Bubbles?
No better than yesterday. Teams should always pick the best player available, especially teams with razor thin depth like the Canucks.Tkachuck was ranked ahead of Juolevi on every single draft list.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

micky107 wrote:
5thhorseman wrote:
You didn't mention money in our original post. You inferred that you saw Tryamkin's departure coming. And if you go by the reports out there, his discontent has to do with minutes played.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

5thhorseman wrote:
micky107 wrote:
5thhorseman wrote:
You didn't mention money in our original post. You inferred that you saw Tryamkin's departure coming. And if you go by the reports out there, his discontent has to do with minutes played.
I don't ride the asses of "reports out there" and believe them because they're on the radio or TV or Google.
Minutes of course was a factor.
Oh, but wait. As I'm posting, Benning just made a generic statement about they are disappointed and it was about family and oh ya, some sort of 2 year offer, NOT DISCLOSED !!!
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Wonder what part if any the Olympics are playing in this???
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

No I didn't see this coming but am not surprised by it. When he didn't speak any English at all in the end of season press conference I wondered how much he enjoyed being here. I wonder if his wife had anything to do with this. Not everyone is good at picking up a new language and if both were struggling to adapt to life in Canada(and the language), I can understand this decision by him.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Canucks offered a two year extension, don't know the money. Trymankin wanted to leave for family reasons. A lot to do with his new wife having a hard time fitting into North American life. Never saw this coming though. By all accounts he was happy here and wanted to make a go of it in the NHL.

Canucks didn't really have an inclination this was going to happen until his exit interview. Of course they always knew it was a possibility.

This is a gut punch. He was one reason for optimism in the toughness department.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Almost lost in this is that Larsen also returned to the KHL on a two year deal. :mrgreen:

Hope we don't lose Sbisa now in the expansion draft. Maybe the idea of exposing Edler was a good one after all.

You know when you think back and read what Tryamkni has to say, about almost leaving at the start of the year, about being frustrated with his ice time, pairings, role on the team overall, you HAVE to think the Canucks knew this was a strong possibility. This may account for them, in part, not trading a D during the season because even if the fans had him penciled into the top six D the team may have had its doubts.

Can't blame his decision on Willie though as Willie was fired. Meaning a new coach and new opportunities. But a new contract and if he is already feeling no love, would be like a prison sentence. Hope he didn't spread his discontent too much to Goldobin.

Oh well, he was a reluctant Canuck to begin with. They had to really sell him on giving it a try. But man, at 22, even with all that potential, some people just don't want to put in the time. His time in the KHL was easier. He didn't have to work as hard, his training and physical fitness levels can return to normal now.

Gawd this sucks. A bright light of hope diminished on a day one should be celebrating Calgary's exit!
The only HW the Canucks need