Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Mickey107 »

That's it exactly.. ;)
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yes because Benning has proven to be a very shrewd negotiator. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Not sure if this has been posted yet:
Canucks wrote:Forward Brendan Gaunce will undergo shoulder surgery Thursday.
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/gaunce ... -288942586
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Cornuck wrote:Not sure if this has been posted yet:
Canucks wrote:Forward Brendan Gaunce will undergo shoulder surgery Thursday.
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/gaunce ... -288942586
Can't be sure without knowing what they're doing, but I would expect he'd be just barely rehabbed at the start of next season, without much (or maybe any) chance to work on strength.
Last edited by Ronning's Ghost on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yes because Benning has proven to be a very shrewd negotiator. :lol:
<adjusts rose coloured glasses>

It's part of a long-term strategy whereby he lulls the rest of the league into a false sense of security, so as soon as any other GM answer his calls, they just assume they're getting a good deal, without paying too much attention to the specifics. Benning will use this to pull off a home run blockbuster at a key junction in the rebuild.

Damn, that is some fine kool-aid.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Apparently Tryamkin just signed IHCAvtomobilist Motorist in Russia.

https://translate.google.ca/translate?s ... edit-text=

Didn't like getting poor minutes from Willie.

Happy to be home in mother russia with all his family.

*SKYO in shock/denial*

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/nikita-t ... s-khl-2017

ok coming around to the fact this BULLSHIT is happening...looks like we may not see a dman traded after all.

Edler - Stecher
Hutton - Tanev
Juolevi (if stronger/ready in 4 months) - Gudbranson

At least that would be 3 effective complimentary pairings.
vet - qb
qb - vet
(the future) - vet

Tryamkin was awesome strength wise, good shot, high energy, jumped into the play, but he wasn't the smartest defensively anyways.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Just read this about Tryamkin, what a kick to the guts this is, changes everything. Blaming Willie for his lack of playing time? I guess Hutton and Tanev off the trade block, I guess we sign Gudbranson long term, no trading Edler, fast tracking Juolevi maybe drafting Liljegren or Makar

The gamble of drafting Russians, really sucks for us cause Tryamkin was going to be an excellent player in the NHL.

Juolevi had an excellent playoffs and played great down the stretch, the kid is more than ready

You know when it rains it pours I now fully completely expect the Canucks to fall to 4th or 5th in the lottery
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

If this is all true and it seems it is, then I hope he breaks his leg an with the medical service in Russia doesnt play again for a year or 2.

What a fracking attitude of me first shit.

The management at Canucks must have known this was happening and what have tried to do about it.

Well Doc it is now back to 3 - 4 years because nothing will happen for this team to make the playoffs in 1 - 2 years, which I highly doubted it in the first place.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

RoyalDude wrote:Just read this about Tryamkin, what a kick to the guts this is, changes everything. Blaming Willie for his lack of playing time? I guess Hutton and Tanev off the trade block, I guess we sign Gudbranson long term, no trading Edler, fast tracking Juolevi maybe drafting Liljegren or Makar

The gamble of drafting Russians, really sucks for us cause Tryamkin was going to be an excellent player in the NHL.

Juolevi had an excellent playoffs and played great down the stretch, the kid is more than ready

WELL WELL WELL food for thought while Nero Fiddles as Rome Burns YOU might want to cool the jets on adding ANOTHER BLUELINER EARLY an take the temperature of the room I.E BO FUCKING HORVAT and work on getting him help to PUT a PUCK in a FUCKING NET BEFORE he walks away as a UFA in the not to distant future...

A lil food for thought...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

olpaddy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Just read this about Tryamkin, what a kick to the guts this is, changes everything. Blaming Willie for his lack of playing time? I guess Hutton and Tanev off the trade block, I guess we sign Gudbranson long term, no trading Edler, fast tracking Juolevi maybe drafting Liljegren or Makar

WELL WELL WELL food for thought while Nero Fiddles as Rome Burns YOU might want to cool the jets on adding ANOTHER BLUELINER EARLY an take the temperature of the room I.E BO FUCKING HORVAT and work on getting him help to PUT a PUCK in a FUCKING NET BEFORE he walks away as a UFA in the not to distant future...

It's karma ole paddy, karma. We had a good run dating back to when Naslund and company took over from Bure and Linden all the way to the end of the Sedins. A good long run, no cup may I add but there was some pretty good Canuck hockey until Gillis shat the bed on setting up the next wave, he broke the chain. We were the most despised team in the NHL because of it. Now they are all laughing at us, it's now our time in loser hockey hell for awhile. The karma started by drafting the kid everyone all wanted - Virtanen and not drafting the kid nobody wanted - Nylander, fuck is he turning out to be a beaut. I guess it could have been worse, we could have drafted Dal Colle. FFS Bennings first draft with us saw his previous team draft quite possibly the best player out of that draft - Pastrnak. Late in the first round of all things. It's in the stars
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sorry guys, Tryamkin is gone. Back to Russia to play.
Don't believe everything your hearing on the radio
I have to pick my kid up at work
I saw this coming and I'll explain later this morning.
"evolution"
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

micky107 wrote:Sorry guys, Tryamkin is gone. Back to Russia to play.
Don't believe everything your hearing on the radio
I have to pick my kid up at work
I saw this coming and I'll explain later this morning.
Just curious whether Tryamkin has an out clause.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

This was the beginning of the end but this isn't the first time something like this has happened last yr the head coach threw kids under the bus fans an media and Vets jumped on the bandwagon... watch EDLER and realize WILLIE called out 88 after the game and said if he woulda stepped up on Marchand they woulda won... watch the highlights put yourself in the kids shoes and then look into the crystal ball for 17-18 Edler is bulletproof Tanev Stetcher Hutton Big Eric and all of a sudden 88 is no better than a 6 if they can get rid of Sbisa hes a 7 he would make more in the K TAX FREE and play more as well but I digress... watch the highlight and then after u do remember this is the game WILLIE ripped him and ask yourself why do the Vets love Willie so??? answer He NEVER RIPS VETS even when they play like shit like 23 has for 6 fucking yrs...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
olpaddy wrote:

It's karma ole paddy, karma. We had a good run dating back to when Naslund and company took over from Bure and Linden all the way to the end of the Sedins. A good long run, no cup may I add but there was some pretty good Canuck hockey until Gillis shat the bed on setting up the next wave, he broke the chain. We were the most despised team in the NHL because of it. Now they are all laughing at us, it's now our time in loser hockey hell for awhile. The karma started by drafting the kid everyone all wanted - Virtanen and not drafting the kid nobody wanted - Nylander, fuck is he turning out to be a beaut. I guess it could have been worse, we could have drafted Dal Colle. FFS Bennings first draft with us saw his previous team draft quite possibly the best player out of that draft - Pastrnak. Late in the first round of all things. It's in the stars
What a load of shit
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Juolevi pick looks reeeeeaaaaallll good now eh Bubbles?