Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9796
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by micky107 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:35 am

That's it exactly.. ;)
"evolution"

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16235
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:47 am

Yes because Benning has proven to be a very shrewd negotiator. :lol:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8243
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Cornuck » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:20 pm

Not sure if this has been posted yet:
Canucks wrote:Forward Brendan Gaunce will undergo shoulder surgery Thursday.
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/gaunce ... -288942586
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 978
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:49 pm

Cornuck wrote:Not sure if this has been posted yet:
Canucks wrote:Forward Brendan Gaunce will undergo shoulder surgery Thursday.
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/gaunce ... -288942586
Can't be sure without knowing what they're doing, but I would expect he'd be just barely rehabbed at the start of next season, without much (or maybe any) chance to work on strength.
Last edited by Ronning's Ghost on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 978
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yes because Benning has proven to be a very shrewd negotiator. :lol:
<adjusts rose coloured glasses>

It's part of a long-term strategy whereby he lulls the rest of the league into a false sense of security, so as soon as any other GM answer his calls, they just assume they're getting a good deal, without paying too much attention to the specifics. Benning will use this to pull off a home run blockbuster at a key junction in the rebuild.

Damn, that is some fine kool-aid.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11006
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by SKYO » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:50 am

Apparently Tryamkin just signed IHCAvtomobilist Motorist in Russia.

https://translate.google.ca/translate?s ... edit-text=

Didn't like getting poor minutes from Willie.

Happy to be home in mother russia with all his family.

*SKYO in shock/denial*

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/nikita-t ... s-khl-2017

ok coming around to the fact this BULLSHIT is happening...looks like we may not see a dman traded after all.


Edler - Stecher
Hutton - Tanev
Juolevi (if stronger/ready in 4 months) - Gudbranson

At least that would be 3 effective complimentary pairings.
vet - qb
qb - vet
(the future) - vet

Tryamkin was awesome strength wise, good shot, high energy, jumped into the play, but he wasn't the smartest defensively anyways.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15804
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Chef Boi RD » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:28 am

Just read this about Tryamkin, what a kick to the guts this is, changes everything. Blaming Willie for his lack of playing time? I guess Hutton and Tanev off the trade block, I guess we sign Gudbranson long term, no trading Edler, fast tracking Juolevi maybe drafting Liljegren or Makar

The gamble of drafting Russians, really sucks for us cause Tryamkin was going to be an excellent player in the NHL.

Juolevi had an excellent playoffs and played great down the stretch, the kid is more than ready

You know when it rains it pours I now fully completely expect the Canucks to fall to 4th or 5th in the lottery
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5027
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:45 am

If this is all true and it seems it is, then I hope he breaks his leg an with the medical service in Russia doesnt play again for a year or 2.

What a fracking attitude of me first shit.

The management at Canucks must have known this was happening and what have tried to do about it.

Well Doc it is now back to 3 - 4 years because nothing will happen for this team to make the playoffs in 1 - 2 years, which I highly doubted it in the first place.

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 634
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by olpaddy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 am

RoyalDude wrote:Just read this about Tryamkin, what a kick to the guts this is, changes everything. Blaming Willie for his lack of playing time? I guess Hutton and Tanev off the trade block, I guess we sign Gudbranson long term, no trading Edler, fast tracking Juolevi maybe drafting Liljegren or Makar

The gamble of drafting Russians, really sucks for us cause Tryamkin was going to be an excellent player in the NHL.

Juolevi had an excellent playoffs and played great down the stretch, the kid is more than ready

WELL WELL WELL food for thought while Nero Fiddles as Rome Burns YOU might want to cool the jets on adding ANOTHER BLUELINER EARLY an take the temperature of the room I.E BO FUCKING HORVAT and work on getting him help to PUT a PUCK in a FUCKING NET BEFORE he walks away as a UFA in the not to distant future...

A lil food for thought...

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15804
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Chef Boi RD » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:55 am

olpaddy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Just read this about Tryamkin, what a kick to the guts this is, changes everything. Blaming Willie for his lack of playing time? I guess Hutton and Tanev off the trade block, I guess we sign Gudbranson long term, no trading Edler, fast tracking Juolevi maybe drafting Liljegren or Makar

The gamble of drafting Russians, really sucks for us cause Tryamkin was going to be an excellent player in the NHL.

Juolevi had an excellent playoffs and played great down the stretch, the kid is more than ready

WELL WELL WELL food for thought while Nero Fiddles as Rome Burns YOU might want to cool the jets on adding ANOTHER BLUELINER EARLY an take the temperature of the room I.E BO FUCKING HORVAT and work on getting him help to PUT a PUCK in a FUCKING NET BEFORE he walks away as a UFA in the not to distant future...

A lil food for thought...
It's karma ole paddy, karma. We had a good run dating back to when Naslund and company took over from Bure and Linden all the way to the end of the Sedins. A good long run, no cup may I add but there was some pretty good Canuck hockey until Gillis shat the bed on setting up the next wave, he broke the chain. We were the most despised team in the NHL because of it. Now they are all laughing at us, it's now our time in loser hockey hell for awhile. The karma started by drafting the kid everyone all wanted - Virtanen and not drafting the kid nobody wanted - Nylander, fuck is he turning out to be a beaut. I guess it could have been worse, we could have drafted Dal Colle. FFS Bennings first draft with us saw his previous team draft quite possibly the best player out of that draft - Pastrnak. Late in the first round of all things. It's in the stars
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9796
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by micky107 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:06 am

Sorry guys, Tryamkin is gone. Back to Russia to play.
Don't believe everything your hearing on the radio
I have to pick my kid up at work
I saw this coming and I'll explain later this morning.
"evolution"

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3779
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Jovocop » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:20 am

micky107 wrote:Sorry guys, Tryamkin is gone. Back to Russia to play.
Don't believe everything your hearing on the radio
I have to pick my kid up at work
I saw this coming and I'll explain later this morning.
Just curious whether Tryamkin has an out clause.

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 634
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by olpaddy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:24 am



This was the beginning of the end but this isn't the first time something like this has happened last yr the head coach threw kids under the bus fans an media and Vets jumped on the bandwagon... watch EDLER and realize WILLIE called out 88 after the game and said if he woulda stepped up on Marchand they woulda won... watch the highlights put yourself in the kids shoes and then look into the crystal ball for 17-18 Edler is bulletproof Tanev Stetcher Hutton Big Eric and all of a sudden 88 is no better than a 6 if they can get rid of Sbisa hes a 7 he would make more in the K TAX FREE and play more as well but I digress... watch the highlight and then after u do remember this is the game WILLIE ripped him and ask yourself why do the Vets love Willie so??? answer He NEVER RIPS VETS even when they play like shit like 23 has for 6 fucking yrs...

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16235
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:33 am

RoyalDude wrote:
olpaddy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Just read this about Tryamkin, what a kick to the guts this is, changes everything. Blaming Willie for his lack of playing time? I guess Hutton and Tanev off the trade block, I guess we sign Gudbranson long term, no trading Edler, fast tracking Juolevi maybe drafting Liljegren or Makar

The gamble of drafting Russians, really sucks for us cause Tryamkin was going to be an excellent player in the NHL.

Juolevi had an excellent playoffs and played great down the stretch, the kid is more than ready

WELL WELL WELL food for thought while Nero Fiddles as Rome Burns YOU might want to cool the jets on adding ANOTHER BLUELINER EARLY an take the temperature of the room I.E BO FUCKING HORVAT and work on getting him help to PUT a PUCK in a FUCKING NET BEFORE he walks away as a UFA in the not to distant future...

A lil food for thought...
It's karma ole paddy, karma. We had a good run dating back to when Naslund and company took over from Bure and Linden all the way to the end of the Sedins. A good long run, no cup may I add but there was some pretty good Canuck hockey until Gillis shat the bed on setting up the next wave, he broke the chain. We were the most despised team in the NHL because of it. Now they are all laughing at us, it's now our time in loser hockey hell for awhile. The karma started by drafting the kid everyone all wanted - Virtanen and not drafting the kid nobody wanted - Nylander, fuck is he turning out to be a beaut. I guess it could have been worse, we could have drafted Dal Colle. FFS Bennings first draft with us saw his previous team draft quite possibly the best player out of that draft - Pastrnak. Late in the first round of all things. It's in the stars
What a load of shit
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15804
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2016/17

Post by Chef Boi RD » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:04 am

The Juolevi pick looks reeeeeaaaaallll good now eh Bubbles?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Locked