GDT Mar 18 Canucks vs Coilers

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: GDT Mar 18 Canucks vs Coilers

Post by Topper »

Little trojan panninis on Milan's menu last night.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:That stretcher kids gonna need a stretcher one of these games. Hes like 150lbs. Once someone on here pointed out hes shit I've been watching him and have to agree...he not really NHL ready at all
Joining the "Old Boy's Club" , eh
190lbs.
:lol:
Well since he plays like hes buck fifty its hard to tell.
The kid is a good story but step back a bit and watch...hes like jonny goodrow but on defense. Wtf is that going to do for you in a playoff series? Or if a team finally starts finishing checks on us?
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:That stretcher kids gonna need a stretcher one of these games. Hes like 150lbs. Once someone on here pointed out hes shit I've been watching him and have to agree...he not really NHL ready at all
190lbs.
The kid is a good story but step back a bit and watch...hes like jonny goodrow but on defense. Wtf is that going to do for you in a playoff series? Or if a team finally starts finishing checks on us?
He absorbed one from Milan last night, perfectly, then followed him for a bit, chatting him up.
He is extremely aware of what's happening and not leaving himself vulnerable to really get hurt.
He does use the hipcheck often but no one around here seems to notice.
He does lose some puck battles but rarely have I seen a guy so quick to strip it right back.
The one dark spot for him this year was he didn't expect what Martin did and was plenty embarrassed about it, still is.
I have noticed, 2 Canucks seem to get a lot of respect from opposing players.
Horvat and Stecher.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
micky107 wrote:
190lbs.
He's this season's Jared McCann.

Folks fall in love with runts with a 100' game.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

If McCann had half of Stecher's work ethic, he would have been in Miami all season long. Stech has the skill set to play in the NHL, no question. It's his never quit attitude and passion to improve that earned him a stay this season, and will keep him in the league a long time.

Troy's diligence and character got him to the Canucks, and this is his greatest strength.

See: Bo.
Last edited by BladesofSteel on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BladesofSteel wrote:If McCann had half of Stecher's work ethic, he would have been in Miami all season long. Stech has the skill set to play in the NHL, no question. It's his never quit attitude and passion to improve that earned him a stay this season, and will keep him in the league a long time.

Troy's diligence and character got him to the Canucks, and this is his greatest greatest strength.

See: Bo.
Ya I think Stetcher is gonna do good things for us. But he does need to muscle up and learn to play a bit more like Biega. The bulldog can teach him a thing or two. I have to keep reminding myself that this is Stetcher's rookie year. He has warts on the D side for sure but he is a gamer.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:Little trojan panninis on Milan's menu last night.

What a troll.

Most players are panninis on Looch's menu. Remember Hamhuis in 2011? Didn't hear you mocking him for that.