Canucks @ Sabres. 430pm pst

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Sabres. 430pm pst

Post by SKYO »

Burrows making sure Canucks get a 2nd rounder at TDD.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Amazing how shitty the top end of the 2014 Draft class is looking. Reinhart looks as impressive as his brother Griffin. Bennett is sucking badly right now, Ekblad has sucked since Brian Campbell has left, Dal Colle is already a bust, Jake the Flake we all know about. Draisaitl is the only top 6 player who is playing decent. It's turning out to be a very unimpressive draft class. Pastrnak is looking like he should have been taken no. 1, even Larkin is struggling.

Re-do

Pastrnak
Nylander
Draisaitl
Ehlers
Fabbri
Ekblad
Reinhart
Ritchie
Bennett
Perlini
Tuch
Scherback
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ekblad, Reinhart and Bennett will all be fine. Dal Colle and Virtanen look like minor league players though
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Very impressive win. It's so hard to hope for losses, I still cheer.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:Another great pickup by Benning regarding Chaput
Shep-who?
I guess when your star top franchise pick is switching over to the bust column you better be good at signing other teams former busts and pray for a miracle
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Ekblad, Reinhart and Bennett will all be fine. Dal Colle and Virtanen look like minor league players though
Fine sure, but top 5 draft pick worthy? Very qestionable. Bennett is the one who is the most concerning
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Ekblad, Reinhart and Bennett will all be fine. Dal Colle and Virtanen look like minor league players though
Fine sure, but top 5 draft pick worthy? Very qestionable. Bennett is the one who is the most concerning
He's 20 years old and he has twice as many NHL points as Jake the Fake has in the AHL. He's playing third line centre minutes and has 20 points.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bubbles want are you seeing in Bennett? Cause I gotta tell ya, I ain't seeing much. It's a terrible draft class, bottom lne.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hank wrote:Michael Chaput. Looks like we got a new #1 Center.

Quick, extend Willie D! Coach of the Year candidate.
Yo Hank, Michael Cha-poo! :lol:
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I think it's important to note that Chaput could be a decent player if he scores two goals each game.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cherry Picker wrote:I think it's important to note that Chaput could be a decent player if he scores two goals each game.
I think you might have something there picker
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I'm really warming up to this Mike Shampoo guy. Starting to get conditioner to Willie D putting him out in all offensive situations. 2 goals per game. Rinse and repeat.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

rats19 wrote:
Cherry Picker wrote:I think it's important to note that Chaput could be a decent player if he scores two goals each game.
Blob most likely wrote:Sure, but Elmer will just trade him for some flames cast-off next week. Besides, twitchy will put him back in the press box.
It's all a giant loss and there is nothing but despair.
These games are getting tough to watch, but there are some rays of light. Bo and Tryamkin make it bearable - and every now and then a Chaput shines and surprises us.

Despite Skyo's best intentions, this is the team we'll be watching until game 82. 9 more points to go! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cornuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Blob most likely wrote:Sure, but Elmer will just trade him for some flames cast-off next week. Besides, twitchy will put him back in the press box.
It's all a giant loss and there is nothing but despair.
These games are getting tough to watch, but there are some rays of light. Bo and Tryamkin make it bearable - and every now and then a Chaput shines and surprises us.

Despite Skyo's best intentions, this is the team we'll be watching until game 82. 9 more points to go! :D
Your right! They are hard to watch.
Driving to the net, either to score outright or deflect one in, seems to be the order of the day.
Seems to me, Chaput is emulating some one else on the team. A few are now.
That would be Bo Horvat! He is leading by example, you can see it evolving.

Burrows looks to be almost having fun but I think every one has it wrong as to where he will go at the trade deadline.
Depending on the next two weeks, I can see him in So. Cal., joining up with a couple of old friends, JUST for the playoffs, nothing more...
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hank wrote:I'm really warming up to this Mike Shampoo guy. Starting to get conditioner to Willie D putting him out in all offensive situations. 2 goals per game. Rinse and repeat.
I like Cha-poo. His shot doesn't seem very good and he was lucky to get 2 today. He has never been a big scorer and it took him forever to get his first of the season. I still see him being an important player for us though, basically a poor man's Manny Malhotra. A guy who can win some faceoffs, use his size to back check hard and play well in the defensive zone. He's a perfect 4th line player and pretty much the opposite of what Linden Vey gave us. With more experience, I'd luv to see if Cha-poo can play some PK for us.