GDT Canucks at Nobel Winning Skyline 5pm SPAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

GDT Canucks at Nobel Winning Skyline 5pm SPAC

Post by Topper »

Shit kickers
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Canucks at Nobel Winning Skyline 5pm SPAC

Post by Island Nucklehead »

1/1 on shots.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Baertchi back..gone again
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Shinkaruk, Granlund says hi
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Men vs boys. Shots are 10-3 and the ice is tilted big time.

Playoffs? Playoffs ? LOL we need Jim Mora to coach this scabby crew.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

2-1 now. Granlund and Sutter standing around with their fingers up their ass.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Baertschi concussed by McLoed.

Good thing the Canucks have someone to keep them honest.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Lol...this team is pretty bad...we've returned to mid 80s form i see...we need a pat quinn to make a butcher for 4 future heart and soul guys type trade to turn this around
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Lol...this team is pretty bad...we've returned to mid 80s form i see...we need a pat quinn to make a butcher for 4 future heart and soul guys type trade to turn this around
Well, thanks to Don Sweeney we could start by replacing Twitchy Clipboard Moustachio with Claude "I say dumb things" Julien. Rumor has it that Benning might have a connection there. :roll:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Back in the Tony Tanti/Petri Skriko days we used to play a game like I'm seeing here...soft as butter, never finishing checks, barely hanging around in games. It went on for years.
Then the trade that sent dan quinn and garth butcher for momesso ronning courtnall and dirk happened....they were a different team over night. They had fresh blood, they finished checks, they stuck up for each other. They were instantly a better team. Not because they added a superstar...they had a young Linden and were about to add Bure a couple years later...but because they had an identity and played their hearts out.
This is where we are right now. Needing a big shake up trade. Bring in some balls Jim. Trade something of value for it if you must but please...for fucks sake....change the make up of this rediculously wimpy and soft team
If you need air...call it in
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

#WinningCulture
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Thought on the goal that was waived off and then over-turned and ultimately the winner.....

While it is logical to assume, as the NHL did, that the entire puck was across the line based on the evidence of PART of the puck being visible through the webbing of Markstrom's catching glove, there have been plenty of times where we have seen goals disallowed because all of the puck was not visible. Does this set a precedent? Or is this just another bit of BS in an ever growing heap that has the NHL's stamp of approval on it?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Back in the Tony Tanti/Petri Skriko days we used to play a game like I'm seeing here...soft as butter, never finishing checks, barely hanging around in games. It went on for years.
Then the trade that sent dan quinn and garth butcher for momesso ronning courtnall and dirk happened....they were a different team over night. They had fresh blood, they finished checks, they stuck up for each other. They were instantly a better team. Not because they added a superstar...they had a young Linden and were about to add Bure a couple years later...but because they had an identity and played their hearts out.
This is where we are right now. Needing a big shake up trade. Bring in some balls Jim. Trade something of value for it if you must but please...for fucks sake....change the make up of this rediculously wimpy and soft team
Yup. Quinn was soft, and the once tough and mean Butcher was now a shell of his former self and playing a soft, lazy game, with plenty of errors.

Today I can't think of a forward on our team that is as soft as Quinn was, but Edler certainly fits that description on the blueline.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mëds wrote:Thought on the goal that was waived off and then over-turned and ultimately the winner.....

While it is logical to assume, as the NHL did, that the entire puck was across the line based on the evidence of PART of the puck being visible through the webbing of Markstrom's catching glove, there have been plenty of times where we have seen goals disallowed because all of the puck was not visible. Does this set a precedent? Or is this just another bit of BS in an ever growing heap that has the NHL's stamp of approval on it?
Must be conclusive to overturn the call on the ice.
It wasn't.
Breaking their own rules, what a surprise.
Baseball went the same way.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

micky107 wrote:
Mëds wrote:Thought on the goal that was waived off and then over-turned and ultimately the winner.....

Must be conclusive to overturn the call on the ice.
It wasn't.
Breaking their own rules, what a surprise.
Baseball went the same way.
No, I think that call is very conclusive. There's no way the puck is not across the line based on this picture.....

.....but in the past they have had similar views and situations and said no goal because they cannot see white ice between the puck and the red line. I have seen goaltenders make a save where their entire glove is across the red line and in the net when they catch the puck and they say no goal because they cannot clearly see the puck.

So I'm curious if this is going to be the new norm, or if it's just one more piece of bad Canuck Karma.