GDT: Jan 7/17 Canucks @ Flames 7:00 pm CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Jan 7/17 Canucks @ Flames 7:00 pm CBC

Post by Island Nucklehead »

rats19 wrote:So because of the rebuild and because of injuries we are forced to carry 5 d men ???
Did you see the targeting of those 5 guys?? Even tree wasn't excempt ffs it's dangerous if it's not bad management then it's bad rules ... either way it pissed me right off ...
Yeah it doesn't make much sense. Carry 8 D. It hasn't exactly been a secret around Vancouver that we need to carry the extra d-man for cases just like this one.

Rodin plays 0:00, if he's hurt, put him on the IR. If he's not, either play him or waive him. We're halfway through a season. We'll be into March before Willie trusts the guy enough to play him. Can't imagine the D being too happy to play with 5 (or 4) guys while the forwards have a dude sitting in the middle of the bench scratching his nuts for a full 60.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Why not dress Boucher as the 13th forward ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

They lose their 1st game after a 6 game win streak and look who is posting in droves^^^ so weak, so lame. They were so quiet during the win streak, hmmmm.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:So because of the rebuild and because of injuries we are forced to carry 5 d men ???
Did you see the targeting of those 5 guys?? Even tree wasn't excempt ffs it's dangerous if it's not bad management then it's bad rules ... either way it pissed me right off ...
Whining like Calpuke when the couldn't field a full line up a few year ago..... but it's your birthday and you'll cry if you want to......cry if you want to.

Vancouver carries 7 defenders.

What this back to back shows is how wimpy this team is. It was Friday's game that they didn't survive. Saturday was like four black kids beating up a cripple. You've got a pre pubescent little boy trying to play defence. A small forward core that can't slow the forecheck by creating one of their own. It highlights why guys like Sven and Granlund are placeholders.

The rebuild is in progress and takes time.
Last edited by Topper on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I guess this means scratch another long time poster from the "support" side of the new regime. :hmmm:
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Why not dress Boucher as the 13th forward ?
Gotta agree Blob. If Rodin was dressed just so they could have a full compliment of bodies but he is hurt so WD didn't plan to use him unless he was forced to, dress Boucher....

It was obvious on Friday Rodin got hurt. He was taken into the boards and when he got back to the bench he was in obvious pain, rubbing his knee and pointing to it when the trainer came over. After that he looked laboured on the ice. I think I even commented on it during the game.

I give them a pass on only having 5 D because of the Hutton situation but it is inexcusable to dress Rodin,who is labouring, over a healthy Boucher. Especially if the plan was to bench him any way. Who knows, a healthy Boucher in his first game may be juiced enough to pot a goal.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Why not dress Boucher as the 13th forward ?
Gotta agree Blob. If Rodin was dressed just so they could have a full compliment of bodies but he is hurt so WD didn't plan to use him unless he was forced to, dress Boucher....
This is Willie we're talking about, he wouldn't have played Boucher either...
____
Try to focus on someday.