Willy D death watch...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Willy D death watch...

Post by sagebrush »

October may:
[1] seal Willie's fate;
[2] produce roster changes that determine where some Canucks/Comets players spend the rest of the year.

Will the drama be more entertaining than the quality of hockey?

Are reports of Willie's demise overblown BS?

Time will tell.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

yeah getting sick of all the pettyness out there, lets just see how the team performs already in the regular season, christ.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Or WD could just be testing who works well with who, preparing for the injuries that will happen, and has learned his lessons he from last year, while quietly laughing at all the fans and media who are panicking..
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

olpaddy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Ole Tourettes must have done some serious scribbling and erasing on his clipboard to come to the conclusion that Bo should be on the 4th line. Genius,'the clipboard can do amazing things
This guy even in his first season didn't want Horvat on the team

I hate Wilbrod as much as the next guy, but I think he's okay with Bo...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:Ole Tourettes must have done some serious scribbling and erasing on his clipboard to come to the conclusion that Bo should be on the 4th line. Genius,'the clipboard can do amazing things
Whats with his body language? Chopping rails on that clipboard between periods then twitching the shakes out? Dudes gotta chill out to command respect...imagine Scotty Bowman flipping his shit like that lol
If you need air...call it in
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Can't see Coach D here much longer. 9 games into the season and the team has held a lead in only one.

You'd think he'd have his lines and d pairings figured out by now, is it just me or did I see Guds and Sbisa paired together towards the end of last night's game?

Line juggling started in the preseason and has continued into the regular season.

One of Larsen or Sbisa should have sat in the three back to backs to have given Tryamkin a shot.

Team's sitting at 500 right now. If JB and TL truly think they have put together a roster that can at least compete for a playoff spot, time to find a coach that can get this team there.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

vic wrote:
Team's sitting at 500 right now. If JB and TL truly think they have put together a roster that can at least compete for a playoff spot, time to find a coach that can get this team there.

If they think that they are fucking idiots. I'm no fan of Willie but this roster is horrific. And it's compounded by the twins play going in the shitter.This team was going to need a massive amount of luck and good fortune to even be on the bubble for the playoffs. One bad bounce in a game and the wheels fall off.

I can't stand Desjardins but I can't see any coach either employed or not dragging this scabby team into the playoffs , only to get their faces bashed in in the first round like what happened against the Flames.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
vic wrote:

If they think that they are fucking idiots. I'm no fan of Willie but this roster is horrific. And it's compounded by the twins play going in the shitter.This team was going to need a massive amount of luck and good fortune to even be on the bubble for the playoffs. One bad bounce in a game and the wheels fall off.

I can't stand Desjardins but I can't see any coach either employed or not dragging this scabby team into the playoffs , only to get their faces bashed in in the first round like what happened against the Flames.
expectations after a quick start seemed to be outta whack but I will say this this coach is clueless and this Gm isn't much better and u know how I felt about the highly overrated president and former captain... Its going to take atleast 3 yrs to bottom out... Sit back and enjoy the journey and a have couple of laughs along the way....
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Only reason you fire WD now is if you want T. Green coaching the squad, otherwise we low-key let WD run this team to Nolan and hope we can get a veteran NHL coach, after the season, who could become available like Claude Julien or Lindy Ruff who both become UFA coaches after this season.

https://www.capfriendly.com/coaches
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:Only reason you fire WD now is if you want T. Green coaching the squad, otherwise we low-key let WD run this team to Nolan and hope we can get a veteran NHL coach, after the season, who could become available like Claude Julien or Lindy Ruff who both become UFA coaches after this season.

https://www.capfriendly.com/coaches
Claude Julien is an idiot. No thank you.

If Dallas doesn't get their shit together Lindy could be out of a job sooner than next season.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uhh if Julien ever became available he'd be the most sought after coach, he's a guy whose tough as nails and knows how to deal with veterans and actually knows how to coach a team to the playoffs to win it.

Crawford is renowned for player zone deployment.

Ruff all these three would be excellent coaches to take over from Willie whose getting outmatched by veteran NHL coaches, WD doesn't seem to have the team under control, the sedins look lifeless, there's no chemistry forming, he's got players playing where they shouldn't, anyways at this rate we could let him give the canucks a shot at 1st overall, so we suffer now and get that exciting game breaker drafted everyone wants, NP.

Then hire the new coach.

#ThinkingOfTheMasterPlan
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote:Uhh if Julien ever became available he'd be the most sought after coach, he's a guy whose tough as nails and knows how to deal with veterans and actually knows how to coach a team to the playoffs to win it.

Crawford is renowned for player zone deployment.

Ruff all these three would be excellent coaches to take over from Willie whose getting outmatched by veteran NHL coaches, WD doesn't seem to have the team under control, the sedins look lifeless, there's no chemistry forming, he's got players playing where they shouldn't, anyways at this rate we could let him give the canucks a shot at 1st overall, so we suffer now and get that exciting game breaker drafted everyone wants, NP.

Then hire the new coach.

#ThinkingOfTheMasterPlan
Yeah, I guess. You know what though; That clipboard thing is really looking ridiculous now. You never see it out of his hands. Weird!

Marc Crawford signed a three year deal and I highly doubt the Sens will let anyone talk to him. Why would they?
He is their trump card, if needed.

That wasn't political, Skyo, just a phrase, k?
"evolution"
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

SKYO wrote: WD doesn't seem to have the team under control, the sedins look lifeless, there's no chemistry forming, he's got players playing where they shouldn't, anyways at this rate we could let him give the canucks a shot at 1st overall, so we suffer now and get that exciting game breaker drafted everyone wants, NP.

Then hire the new coach.

#ThinkingOfTheMasterPlan
Knowing the Canucks luck, they lose the lottery and end up with the 3rd/4th pick.

Not only does he have players playing where they shouldn't be playing, the players don't know what he's going to do next game regardless of how they play. Forget about the next game, they don't know what he's going to do in the next period.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Placeholder Willie will be cut loose in favour of Travis Green when the time is right.

Patience! :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote:.

Placeholder Willie will be cut loose in favour of Travis Green when the time is right.

Patience! :mex:
Patience? Sure - I'm a Canucks fan...

But do I want another (NHL) rookie coach taking over when the team is ready to move forward?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."