The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Per »

Newsflash: When Nylander* takes off his shirt, he doesn't look like a little girl... :o

*for clarity, all men in the photo are called Nylander and have NHL relevance, but I'm specifically referring to William, on the right.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Strangelove wrote:People hate the Leaves due to the perceived douchiness of Leaf fans in general.

It follows that folks hate the city of Toronto for the same reason.

If there's one thing more sickening than a proud Leaf fan

... it's a closet Leaf fan.

The Great Strangelove has spoken.
Glade u r Taking the necessary steps to come out of your Leaf Closet Doc... The Only thing better would be a selfie of u wearing a Mitch the Magic Man Marner Jersey.... 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote:Newsflash: When Nylander* takes off his shirt, he doesn't look like a little girl... :o

*for clarity, all men in the photo are called Nylander and have NHL relevance, but I'm specifically referring to William, on the right.
C cups
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Rocky Dennis wrote:
BigTuna wrote: I'm willing to bet the leaves finish higher in the standings this year. Remember, without that winning streak the last 3 games, the Canucks could have finished 30th. The leaves have now surpassed them in talent.
How has nobody jumped on this yet?
No matter, I’ll take that bet yesterday.
Should we say $20? I’m much more confident than that but $20 won’t get me riled up much when you inevitably welch on the bet. It’s more of a pride thing anyways. Even if I didn't follow hockey I'd jump all over this, what with the 100% inaccuracy of anything and EVERYTHING you've ever predicted regarding the Laughs.

Oh, and never mind the Canucks are at a disadvantage as they play in a better division.
Never mind the Canucks are at a disadvantage as they reside in the vastly superior Western Conference.
Never mind the Canucks are at a disadvantage because of a travel schedule that is infinitely worse and that, without a doubt, contributes to the team’s usually absurd amount of man-games lost most years.

That’s right, we won’t bother trying to handicap these disparities. I’ll give it to you straight up; however, if you are so cocksure of yourself and the Laughs, you can make up for these inequalities by sweetening the pot some. Let's say putting your future posting here at the Corner on the line as well. Not a complete banishment but when you lose, in addition to the $20, you don’t post anything even remotely leaves related here at the Corner again. Ever. Then the mods can go ahead and close this thread permanently unless Ol Paddy is going to take up the Laughs mantle or if Doc continues to need a outlet for his unbridled TO hatred.

So what say you? Are you ready to back up your jive-talking, jive turkey?
Deal!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BigTuna wrote:
Speaking of bad predictions, how is Mitch Marner looking?
Hes looking like your typical toronto maple leaf...unable to score lol
If you need air...call it in
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

BigTuna wrote:Deal!
Justice. You're on. And to take Mick's point, let's clarify that this is 16/17 final standings points. Canucks vs. leaves. Straight up. A tie will be just that, a tie.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Rocky Dennis wrote:
BigTuna wrote:Deal!
Justice. You're on. And to take Mick's point, let's clarify that this is 16/17 final standings points. Canucks vs. leaves. Straight up. A tie will be just that, a tie.
Yes. leaves will finish with more points in 2016-17' regular season. I think Canucks have a shot at 30th.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Per wrote:Newsflash: When Nylander* takes off his shirt, he doesn't look like a little girl... :o

lol holy photoshop. Nylanders head on an NFL players body
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

EA Sports agrees with me. Canucks finished dead-last.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/ ... 05/photo/1

Why sign an aging Eriksson if you're so bad?

We have Babcock as coach, added the best D-Man in the KHL who look great thus far and 3 of the top 6-7 prospects in the world and you think Vancouver is better?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Vancouver is better next season.... long term the leaves look better barring a huge break out by Juolevi, Virtanen , Boeser or Patrick.

Toronto is a shithole though
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

And USA today has the Canucks dead-last as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nh ... /91383592/
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: People hate the Leaves due to the perceived douchiness of Leaf fans in general.

It follows that folks hate the city of Toronto for the same reason.
CASE IN POINT:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/bl ... -incident/

A spectator hurled a beer can at a Baltimore outfielder during Tuesday’s dramatic playoff game between the team and the Orioles... an "embarrassing incident".

The incident -- which triggered a frenzy online and in the stands -- saw the beer can narrowly miss Orioles outfielder Hyun Soo Kim as he made a catch during the seventh inning.

In the confusion that followed, Orioles outfielder Adam Jones said he and Kim were taunted with racial slurs.

Kim, the target of the toss, said such an incident should never happen.

"It's the first time for me and hopefully the last," he said through an interpreter.

Jones, who said he heard racial slurs after the can was thrown, called the incident "pathetic."

It's not the first time that rowdy behaviour from some Jays fans has caused a stir.

Blue Jays fans tossed bottles and debris on the field during Game 5 of last year's AL Division Series against the Rangers, upset by the call that let Rougned Odor score from third after catcher Russell Martin's throw back to the mound deflected off Shin Soo Choo's bat. A baby was narrowly missed.

A Blue Jays fan also threw a drink at Orioles outfielder Nate McLouth during a game at Rogers Centre in May 2013.
As I said, douchiness at the Centre of the Butthole of Canada has long been a thing...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

BigTuna wrote:And USA today has the Canucks dead-last as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nh ... /91383592/
Yesterday's news. Today it's this one:

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/ ... 4706274305

LOL. I realize they most likely miss the playoffs again this year but I certainly I look forward to dishes of crowe being served league wide when they finish much better than low 60's in points. Not that anyone ever holds themselves to account any more.

[edit] forgot to add that I certainly hope you don't hold the USA Today and EA Sports as bastions of hockey intellect.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Meh I will still cheer Blue Jays vs anyone except the Indians, Cubs or Giants.

Only because I HATE the Sox, Rangers , Dodgers etc. I have zero loyalty to the Nationals.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

We forgive you Blob, because you're not a Torontonian...

I heard a TO security guard shook the hand of the guy who chucked the beer can as he walked out.

This has been going on for years, nothing new!
https://twitter.com/AviMiIIer/status/783492469627301888

@AviMiIIer
Not sure what was shown on TV but the scene here at the Rogers Centre is madness and people are yelling racial slurs at Kim and Jones.
https://twitter.com/AviMiIIer/status/783495556073127936

@AviMiIIer
Guy behind me just shouted "go back to your country Kim" in case you are wondering how the night has progressed here in Toronto.
____
Try to focus on someday.