Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks 2016 Post Season Discussion

Post by Hockey Widow »

BC, I don't know what the offer was on the table for Girardi. I don't think McCann was involved in that deal as it was Florida that jumped in and asked for him. NYR were looking to clear cap and I think they would have been more interested in D back. But I'm guessing. My friend didn't have the details on the Girardi deal, just that the Canucks took a step back to contemplate, which tells me they wern't sure but felt desperate.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

To help entice a UFA to sign here, the team should be trying to trade for a decent winger now.

Columbus might still be looking to offload a winger, same with Detroit.

imo we should pull ourselves out of contention for looch and offer up some minor leaguers + for Hartnell. *

CBJ gets the space to re-sign Jones asap to not worry about offer sheets, they say they are not worried, but cammannn, you got to be for Seth Jones.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:To help entice a UFA to sign here, the team should be trying to trade for a decent winger now.

Columbus might still be looking to offload a winger, same with Detroit.

imo we should pull ourselves out of contention for looch and offer up some minor leaguers + for Hartnell. *

CBJ gets the space to re-sign Jones asap to not worry about offer sheets, they say they are not worried, but cammannn, you got to be for Seth Jones.
I think we are already out of contention for Lucic. I'm afraid we will over buy on Brouwer or Erikisson now, just so we don't get left out in the cold. I hunk to prevent from being shut out Benning will hand out some of those contracts Blob loves.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:
SKYO wrote:To help entice a UFA to sign here, the team should be trying to trade for a decent winger now.
Columbus might still be looking to offload a winger, same with Detroit....offer up some minor leaguers + for Hartnell.
I think we are already out of contention for Lucic. I'm afraid we will over buy on Brouwer or Erikisson now, just so we don't get left out in the cold. I hunk to prevent from being shut out Benning will hand out some of those contracts Blob loves.
As long as the oilers overpay for lucic/demers - all is well, so they can be in cap hell asap

*mwahaha*

Just need to get Steve Nash, Linden, the Sedins, Aquabros to roll out the welcome wagon for stammer.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well, one of the things I was told is Stamkos is just not interested in Vancouver, at all.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:Well, one of the things I was told is Stamkos is just not interested in Vancouver, at all.
Rinse and repeat for Skyo and the gang. No shit he ain't interested. The team is a mess. The good players are mostly ancient and the team has little in the way of high end young talent. They have a few good pieces but in reality their prospect pool is middle of the pack at best. I'm thinking more like bottom third of the league. Sure they could sign a Brouwer and a Ladd and stay 98 % healthy and have a decent shot at the wildcard if other teams slump.

I hope they sign a couple middling wingers and a depth d man to no longer than three year contracts. I like Lucic a lot but he is not the end all be all for this scabby team right now.For what it's worth I have heard from a good source that Andrew Ladd has no interest in playing here.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya Blob, I heard some really disheartening things today about the Canucks. I wasn't kidding when I said I felt gut punched again. For the first time perhaps I have my rose coloured glasses off.

From the turmoil in the front office, separation between owner and management, player discontent, treatment of vets, on and on it goes.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:I hunk to prevent from being shut out Benning will hand out some of those contracts Blob loves.
No no, Blob loves him some UFA contracts.

Says he wishes the Sbisa/Dorsett contracts weren't there so we'd have mo money to overspend on dat dere!

Oh it's true...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote:Ya Blob, I heard some really disheartening things today about the Canucks. I wasn't kidding when I said I felt gut punched again. For the first time perhaps I have my rose coloured glasses off.

From the turmoil in the front office, separation between owner and management, player discontent, treatment of vets, on and on it goes.
HW did I miss something? What player discontent?

Treatment of vets? Who? Higgins?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: From the turmoil in the front office, separation between owner and management, player discontent, treatment of vets, on and on it goes.
It's a rebuild, if folks are happy you're not doing it right...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: HW did I miss something? What player discontent?

That's classified information.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

HW is a hoarder with tons of cats and never leaves the house, she hears voices in her head, those are her sources.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:HW is a hoarder with tons of cats and never leaves the house, she hears voices in her head, those are her sources.
Lol this is coming from a guy who lambasts her about her sources and says he has friend who has a friend and they said.......

Your a hoot RD
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Ya Blob, I heard some really disheartening things today about the Canucks. I wasn't kidding when I said I felt gut punched again. For the first time perhaps I have my rose coloured glasses off.

HW did I miss something? What player discontent?

It goes much deeper than just Higgins. A pattern going back to Mitchell and then Luongo. Parting of NTC. Blocking trades and trade requests. Getting too young to fast with over reaching expectations placed upon the vets given the lack of support. Broken promises. You've all heard the stories. Miller apparently had two more offers before he signed with us now feeling like he was sold a bill of goods. He'd welcome a trade.

Agents cautioning players against signing in Vancouver mainly because of the instability of ownership. I don't mean financial. No clear direction. Unrealistic timelines. The days of being treated with respect have dwindled, in the opinion of of some agents and ex-players. Agents feel trade protection has no meaning with the Canucks.

Cliques forming in the dressing room. Perhaps a product of family men versus the young and the restless? Feeling that some younger players have not had to earn a job while vets who have given their all have been scapegoated for the results.

As Doc says maybe just impatience. Maybe sour grapes from players who couldn't get the job done.

I was told ownership keeps changing the goal posts. Say they are fine transitioning but refuse a rebuild. Refused the Luongo trade initially. Refused the Kesler deal, initially. Refused a deal for Edler, Burrows and Higgins 2 summers ago. Got into a pissing contest with MG over a rebuild. Seems Torts and MG were actually on the same page.

Hired Linden with full autonomy but that was short lived. Hearing Linden has to keep putting out internal fires.

Ownership has mandated spending to the cap and being active in FA. Wanted to offer the moon for Lucic.

Anyway, I was painted a picture of a team in disarray with no one sure who is in charge. Ownership described as business men with no clue how to run a sports franchise. Wanting to keep up with the Jones but no clue how to do that. Even to the point of interfering, from time to time, with line up decisions, or at least trying to. This is where Linden putting out fires comes in.

I dunno. Maybe just fan frustration boiling over still. But players talk. Agents talk. Owners talk. As Doc says, maybe the nature of a painful rebuild and in that sense it's all normal.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:HW is a hoarder with tons of cats and never leaves the house, she hears voices in her head, those are her sources.

I hate cats. Can't stand the damn things. The only place I'd have them is in my microwave!