2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: 2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Post by 2Fingers »

I am throwing this out there because you just cant get enough of :mex:

1 of our D to Edmonton for the their 4th overall.

They need D more than anything else and no one is playing nice with them.

Then we draft both 4th and 5th.

Then Benning is a god.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote:I am throwing this out there because you just cant get enough of :mex:

1 of our D to Edmonton for the their 4th overall.

They need D more than anything else and no one is playing nice with them.

Then we draft both 4th and 5th.

Then Benning is a god.

Sbisa?
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Reports: Columbus will only trade the 3OA for a top six centre. Can we trade McCann again? :mrgreen:
Well Benning thinks Sutter is top-6.....throw in Gaunce or Rodin.

:roll:
Don't laugh there's a few posters on this board who think Sutter is a top six forward. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Reports: Columbus will only trade the 3OA for a top six centre. Can we trade McCann again? :mrgreen:

Don't laugh there's a few posters on this board who think Sutter is a top six forward. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well he's averaged 17 minutes of icetime over the last 7 seasons on 3 different teams, so there's that.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mëds wrote:

Well he's averaged 17 minutes of icetime over the last 7 seasons on 3 different teams, so there's that.
Remember when Boob used to blame AV for$4.2 million per - 5'11" - Keith Buyout Ballard's shite play? LOL. Those were the days Doc, those were the days. Bold Moves Luggage Eyes - Boobs favourite
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:Taking Hartnell back would not be the worst thing, if we can get Burrows and Higgins off the books. But if Columbus is willing to retain a portion that helps. Chicago set the bar as to what cap dumps cost this year. If we take Hartnell back we shouldn't be giving up too much else.

Problem for us is that he then needs to be protected unless he agrees to waive for the expansion draft.
Not saying we should do it, but....if Hartnell waives to ccome here, isn't his NMC voided once he is traded? If so, he's at least not a double liability.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Arachnid wrote:
Mondi wrote:According to this guy --> http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sam- ... ock-draft/

We are getting Puljujarvi any way... #clickbait

But yes, Hartnell is playing okay, and he's a Benning type player AND if the goal really is the playoffs he could help.

I'm just not hopeful that Vancouver can deal into a better position, they aren't dealing from strength with the 5th pick when they want the 3rd. Remember how hopeful it was with the draft simulator, those were the days.

Hence, take the pick and run.
Hmmmmm if Montreal really values PLD and trades to ensure getting him ahead of us and Tkachukanucchuks value has ballooned from his Cup run...Puljujarvi could fall to us.....I is more than alrigh' wit dat dere scenario...

[mod edit - (last time)]

Hey, he takes a shot, he gets one back. Seems fair. 8-)

More credence to the above....
The Edmonton Oilers, meanwhile, are believed to be wary of dealing the fourth-overall pick for a player they would then have to protect in the expansion draft. Their likeliest course of action is to draft London Knights winger Matthew Tkachuk, who will be exempt.
-From Globe article http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... e30517289/
further to mondi and spidey, there's thishttp://m.thn.com/blog/knee-injury-could ... ning-camp/

Not sure what effect, if any, this might have on draft day. But couple with PLD and MT seeming to be the shiny objects grabbing all the attention at the moment, i would not be shocked to see him as the first "slider" of the draft. We will see.

i found this article of some interest, not being a prospect wizard like some here. Perhaps others might also enjoy the read: http://m.thn.com/blog/puljujarvi-vs-lai ... key-areas/
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote: if Hartnell waives to ccome here, isn't his NMC voided once he is traded?
No, that's a myth.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rocky Dennis wrote: further to mondi and spidey, there's thishttp://m.thn.com/blog/knee-injury-could ... ning-camp/

Not sure what effect, if any, this might have on draft day. But couple with PLD and MT seeming to be the shiny objects grabbing all the attention at the moment, i would not be shocked to see him as the first "slider" of the draft. We will see.

i found this article of some interest, not being a prospect wizard like some here. Perhaps others might also enjoy the read: http://m.thn.com/blog/puljujarvi-vs-lai ... key-areas/
Thanks for linking these Rocky.
____
Try to focus on someday.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Rocky Dennis wrote:i found this article of some interest, not being a prospect wizard like some here. Perhaps others might also enjoy the read: http://m.thn.com/blog/puljujarvi-vs-lai ... key-areas/

Thanks, Rocky. Good read.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mëds wrote:

Two of those teams were tire fires with no depth. The other was Pittsburgh who are paying a fortune to two guys and couldn't wait to run Sutter out of town. On a good, solid team with depth up front he is a third line player.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeahno, Sutter would continue to average 17 minutes of icetime on any team in the league...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:Yeahno, Sutter would continue to average 17 minutes of icetime on any team in the league...
Very doubtful. A decent and somewhat useful player, but an overpaid one.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Yeahno, Sutter would continue to average 17 minutes of icetime on any team in the league...
He's about as overpaid as Dorsett is.

If he can contribute 20 goals, and admittedly he's only done that twice in his career, then he's worth around $4M, maybe a shade more. If that 20 goals only comes with 10-15 assists then he's worth $3.75M.....regardless of how many penalties he kills or face-offs he wins.

Hard to make a judgement call on how bad the over-payment is until we see him play a full season here. Optimistically he's good for 20 and 20, blocks shots, kills penalties, and plays 80 games.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
He's about as overpaid as Dorsett is.

If he can contribute 20 goals, and admittedly he's only done that twice in his career, then he's worth around $4M, maybe a shade more. If that 20 goals only comes with 10-15 assists then he's worth $3.75M.....regardless of how many penalties he kills or face-offs he wins.

Hard to make a judgement call on how bad the over-payment is until we see him play a full season here. Optimistically he's good for 20 and 20, blocks shots, kills penalties, and plays 80 games.
Thing is he has averaged 30 points a season throughout his entire career getting these 17 min of icetime. He is an average face off guy and a solid penalty killer. Apparently he has played 17 min a game so unless he is going to play 20+ minutes here, I don't see 40 points happening more than once or twice in the life of his contract.

Furthermore based on last years NHL rosters because that's all we have to go with at this point, I can think of a few teams where he is most definitely not a top six guy. Chicago, St Louis, Dallas, Washington, San Jose come to mind right away. I'm sure there are others. Oh he may chisel his way into the top six in icetime due to pk but to me that isn't worth 4.5 million. That's Jannik Hansen or Chris Higgins money.